Catholicism or Orthodoxy

Catholicism or Orthodoxy.

Who is the right one, what do I do Veeky Forums do I stick to the other because? Or do I convert to the other because?

No fucking proddy or mudslime memes thx

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FoU2o1iRN0U
youtube.com/watch?v=6KV6PXSODgE
youtube.com/watch?v=R-I2Qe95qBc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Got into desert, untouched by man - feast for days - purify your mind and soul and ask God.

Or simply go with Orthodoxy.

You hinting on that Orthodoxy would be the outcome after such a spiritual pilgrimage?

It's the outcome of Jesus Christ - God in human flesh together with Holy Spirit that's still present today and can speak with you not in desert - but in Church.

With the baptism, you get the armor of Holy Spirit on you - while still on earth your soul becomes angel like in human flesh.

But yeah there's also lots of mysticism in orthodoxy and lots of miracles - many actually, still today - mainly because of the Holy Spirit.

And because role of Church on earth is to prepare souls for eternity - not just wait idle until death - Holy Spirit will train you, test you, teach you and make your soul greater while still alive, so that when you die lots of rewards wait you - eternal boundless joy.

>God in human flesh together with Holy Spirit that's still present today and can speak with you not in desert - but in Church.
>Implying churches are at all necessary to become one with God

I mean I'm not even Christian and this is disgusting

>Picking any sort of Paulianity.

Ebionite or go home. You want to do what Jesus preached, right?

Unironically neither

>Who is the right one
Neither.

>No proddys or mudslimes

I fucking hate this picture, it's so infantile

>Hell or Hell, where should I end up?

MK Ultra tier

Yeah, what Jesus preached to Paul.

Yes, who would worship and deify Mary, the Mother of God, the Queen of Heaven, the Co-Mediatrix of our salvation???

>No fucking proddy or mudslime memes thx
I don't see how you can speak so hatefully about a group of people and still call yourself a Christian

It's not the content, it's the art style
>mfw I'm a Protestant anyway and don't worship someone who's totally human

Didn't you hear? In 1854, Mary became God. That's why it's totally okay to pray to idols of her.

I guess the question I have, is why here? Why would you come to Veeky Forums and ask for about a profound life changing decision?

Because I'm here.

Nah, what's bad about it is that hyper-sexualizes mary. The way her hair flows down her bosom is very sultry.

Maybe if you're catholic and believe in papal infallibility it is

Orthodoxy is a joke. Seriously look at any of the recent religion polls. Everyone is taking the piss with the orthodox meme.

Why, the mere suggestion that a pope could be fallible speaking ex cathedra about Mary becoming God is just unthinkable! She must be God! She created God!

I figured that out when I saw a bunch of them standing in line in their church to get slapped in the face with a bunch of herbs at Easter. Couldn't stop laughing. Old guy with a handful of herbs, smacking people in the face.

Well he literally can't be because the Holy Spirit would strike him dead.

The interesting thing is that this may or may not have actually happened several times throughout history. There are a few cases...

That's not necessarily the problem, take a look at some paintings by Botticelli
It's just the fact that it's a shitty imitation of anime that triggers me

Oh, yes, the Holy Spirit strikes down everyone in the catholic church who lies.

kek

Be patient. That hellfire ain't goin' out anytime soon.

You don't think ninebreaker on DeviantArt put sufficient deity into the artwork?

I do get the sense that this board is full of fake Orthodox arguing with real Catholics.

Simply lying is a lot different than lying while speaking Ex Cathedra.

News flash: speaking ex cathedra and lying is still lying.

There's nothing holy in the catholic church. Nothing. It's a cess pool of demons and evil spirits.

Oriental Orthodoxy is the most legit. They preserve many ancient customs long gone in western Christianity. Their clergy wear pretty elaborate robes.

>When u at a party with no weed but then your boy show up

How is that any different to Eastern Orthodoxy?

They think Jesus has one split instead of two separated & combined natures.

They reject calchedon for the most part.

That's heresy m8

IIRC both Eastern and Oriental have come to realise they believe essentially the same thing, it's just that they used the same words to mean different things, so when one of them said "Jesus is one person with two natures" the other one, having a different idea of "nature", called them a heretic

Yes, ... and so? What's your point?

The kopts even are monophysites for the most part still. and noone seems to complain about those much.

By that logic confessional Lutherans and roman catholics believe bascially "the same" thing about eucharist and about justification.

>Inb4 joint declaration
No.
Just No.

Still
Why convert to a heresy if the other side is pretty much the same, and non-heretical?

>believe bascially "the same" thing about eucharist and about justification

Not really. Lutherans reject the eucharist being the actual, physical body and blood of Christ. Catholics explicitly say it is. Sure, you could say that both Catholics and Lutherans say that it's a "metaphor," but Catholics, while seeing it as a metaphor for something deeper, ALSO see it as literal. Not much room for "semantics" here.

>Who is the right one
Both.

I'd bang Virgin Mary if she looked like OP's picture.

Nah, really you can't say "both," unless you are somehow going to say that both of different sets of contradictory theologies are both right.

>Not really. Lutherans reject the eucharist being the actual, physical body and blood of Christ.

Wrong.

We affirm it.
You are thinking of Calvinists or Zwinglians even.

You can bro, you can ...
youtube.com/watch?v=FoU2o1iRN0U

Ah, my bad. I thought that's what user was referring to, since that's the only thing about a eucharist disagreement I could think of.

Do you think, judging from the very open Pope, the two can get un-schismed ?

The difference is:

- that Lutheranism says the faith of the receiver makes the con/ transubstantiation of the host, while Catholics believe the priests power bestowed upon him in his sacramentation makes it "ex opera operato" (if the rite is done correctly).
- That (since faith is what makes the miracle) in Lutheran Christ only is present in and as the host during Eucharist. Afterwards the hosts are only bread again, what the catholic church has condemned in Trent as a heresy. Their leftovers stay Christ forever, which is why you have to bury them if they go bad.

Since even a pope cannot go against tradition: Sadly I think no, unless the orthodox accept papal authority, which would be a stupid af move in the long run.

It's in large part a historical question. Notice how he specifically exclused proddies. The question of Catholic or Orthodox has a lot of historical considerations involved, whether of the Churches themselves or the doctrines involved.

Catholicism
youtube.com/watch?v=6KV6PXSODgE

You think Boticelli is an example of good, wholesome Christian art? No. Renaissance pls go

Well you will be going to hell

What does this even mean? I'm converting to Orthodxy? Why should I go Catholic? I don't find their case compelling at all. But I profess that I am still learning, and Christianity is still new to me compared to someone who was born Christian.

I'm converting to Orthodoxy.*

What that user said is meaningless. Latins are buttpained that Orthodoxy destroys their credibility so they keep claiming that it's just a meme.

t. Orthodox

Way to show how much of a clueless pleb you are.

>Who is the right one
Neither obviously.

He's not speaking about people he's speaking about memes

>Who is the right one
Isn't it obvious?

>each nation has a church in it's own language withba great deal of indpendence from one another yet they have stayed consistent in belief and practice for thousnads of years
>meanwhile "le unified catholics" go whichever way the winds of culture blow and can't keep their third world believers from starting borderline heretical cults

Communism vs Communitarianism.

I assume the Caths are the communists in this analogy...?

Yes.

t. Dostoevsky

Come up with your own interpretation, what the fuck

>flavor of the week protestanism

Catholics don't pray to God, they often pray to saint like Mary, asking them to carry the prayer to Jesus. This is literal heresy and idolatry. Catholicism is a heresy, and Catholics in my experience are the most likely to be hostile to other Christians.

I'd say murdering 68,000,000 + Christians and Jews over the past thousand years was "hostile", yes.

yo dat anime mary is a qt

Why do you hate the Blessed Virgin Mary so much? Through Eve comes sin and death, through the New Eve comes grace and life.

youtube.com/watch?v=R-I2Qe95qBc

>through the New Eve comes grace and life.
Romans 5:21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Our Lord is Jesus.

Your Lady is Semiramis, whom you have renamed "Mary".

You've never spoken to Mary, she's never heard you, and you'll never meet her.

And your pic is pedophile b8, assuming catholics swing both ways and attack both girls and boys.

>68,000,000 +

>“The ark is verily the holy Virgin, gilded within and without, who received the treasure of universal sanctification. Arise, O Lord, from the Father’s bosom, to raise up again the ruined race of our first parent”
(Orat. in Deip. Annunciat. Int. Opp. S. Greg. Thaumaturg) (Blessed Virgin, p. 89). St. Gregory Thaumaturgus (c. 213-c. 270)

>“As Christ our priest was not chosen by hand of man, so neither was His tabernacle framed by men, but was established by the Holy Ghost; and by the power of God is that tabernacle protected, to be had in everlasting remembrance, Mary, God’s Virgin Mother”
(S. Dionysius of Alexandria, Respons. ad Quoest. v. Pauli Samos) (Blessed Virgin, p. 81). St. Dionysius (died 264)

>being shamelessly perverted

>triggered samefag

St. Mary, the Mother of God, is in the Scriptures you know.

That was before the Holocaust. So 74,000,000 +

Well excuse me for being skeptical of that preposterous figure.

Yes, your heretics write things about the ark being Mary.

And yet, others of your heretics realize why this is not a good idea.

In sum we must agree with Brown, Fitzmyer and the other Roman Catholic editors of the book Mary in the New Testament when they conclude, “in our judgement there is no convincing evidence that Luke specifically identified Mary with . . . the Ark of the Covenant” (Raymond Brown, Karl Donfried, Joseph Fitzmyer, John Reumann, Mary in the New Testament, [Paulist Press, 1978], p. 134).

She is.

She is not the Queen of Heaven that both Babylon and Rome adore.

You're excused.

Do I need to ask for a source or can you take a hint?

The pope was in charge of 2/3 of the Axis powers, never decried the Holocaust, never lifted a finger to any Jews, signed Concordats with Mussolini and Hitler, and then after the war smuggled Nazi war criminals into South America via the Vatican Ratlines.

The Vatican is the most evil institution on earth.

>The pope was in charge of 2/3 of the Axis powers,

Dowling in his History of Romanism says

"From the birth of Popery in 606 to the present time, it is estimated by careful and credible historians, that more than fifty millions of the human family, have been slaughtered for the crime of heresy by popish persecutors, an average of more than forty thousand religious murders for every year of the existence of popery."

-- "History of Romanism," pp. 541, 542. New York: 1871.

The Catholic crusade against the Albigenses in Southern France (from 1209-1229), under Popes Innocent III., Honorius III. and Gregory IX., was one of the bloodiest tragedies in human history. … The number of Albigenses that perished in the twenty years’ war is estimated at from one to two millions.

-- Cushing B. Hassell, History of the Church of God, Chapter XIV.

Need I speak to you of the thirty years’ war in Germany, which was mainly instigated by the Jesuits, in order to deprive the Protestants of the right of free religious worship, secured to them by the treaty of Augsburg? Or of the Irish rebellion, of the inhuman butchery of about fifteen millions of Indians in South America, Mexico and Cuba, by the Spanish papists? In short, it is calculated by authentic historians, that papal Rome has shed the blood of sixty-eight millions of the human race in order to establish her unfounded claims to religious dominion (citing Dr. Brownlee’s “Popery an enemy to civil liberty”, p. 105).

This was the century of the last religious wars in “Christendom,” the Thirty Years’ War in Germany, fomented by the Jesuits, reducing the people to cannibalism, and the population of Bohemia from 4,000,000 to 780,000, and of Germany from 20,000,000 to 7,000,000, and making Southern Germany almost a desert, ...

-- Cushing B. Hassell, History of the Church of God, Chapter XVII.

Concordat with Mussolini '29

Concordat with Hitler '33

In addition to the Jesuit or Catholic atrocities of this century already enumerated with some particulars, they massacred 400 Protestants at Grossoto, in Lombardy, July 19th, 1620; are said to have destroyed 400,000 Protestants in Ireland, in 1641, by outright murder, and cold, and hunger, and drowning; …

-- Cushing B. Hassell, History of the Church of God, Chapter XVII.

In one word, the church of Rome has spent immense treasures and shed, in murder, the blood of sixty eight millions and five hundred thousand of the human race, to establish before the astonished and disgusted world, her fixed determination to annihilate every claim set up by the human family to liberty, and the right of unbounded freedom of conscience.

-- Popery an enemy to civil liberty, 1836, pp. 104-105.

Papal Rome has shed the blood of fifty millions of Christians in Europe!

-- The Roman Catholic Religion viewed in the light of Prophecy and History, New York, Charles K. Moore, 1843, page 60.

The Roman Catholic Religion viewed in the light of Prophecy and History, New York, Charles K. Moore, 1843, page 60.

The best writers enumerate fifty millions of Christians destroyed by fire, and the sword, and the inquisition; and fifteen millions of natives of the American continent and islands; and three millions of Moors in Europe, and one million and a half of Jews. Now, here are sixty-nine millions and five hundred thousands of human beings, murdered by “the woman of the Roman hills, who was drunk with the blood of the saints.” And this horrid list does not include those of her own subjects, who fell in the crusades in Asia, and in her wars against European Christians, and in South America!

>IN
>CHARGE
excuse me but I'm quite sure the Pope didn't annex Czechoslovakia, invade Poland and Russia or invade Ethiopia
slink off somewhere else you absolute nut proddy

When Laguedoc was invaded by these monsters, one hundred thousand Albigensees fell in one day! See Bruys vol. iii. 139.

There perished under pope Julian 200,000 Christians: and by the French massacre, on a moderate calculation, in 3 months, 100,000. Of the Waldenses there perished 150,000; of the Albigenses, 150,000. There perished by the Jesuits in 30 years only 900,000. The Duke of Alva destroyed by the common hangman alone, 36,000 persons; the amount murdered by him is set down by Grotius at 100,000! There perished by the fire, and tortures of the Inquisition in Spain, Italy, and France 150,000. … In the Irish massacres there perished 150,000 Protestants!
To sum up the whole, the Roman Catholic church has caused the ruin, and destruction of a million and a half of Moors in Spain; nearly two millions of Jews South America in Europe. In Mexico, and , including the islands of Cuba and St. Domingo, fifteen millions of Indians, in 40 years, fell victims to popery. And in Europe, and the East Indies, and in America, 50 millions of Protestants, at least, have been murdered by it!
Thus the church of Rome stands before the world, “the woman in scarlet, on the scarlet colored Beast.” A church claiming to be Christian, drenched in the blood of sixty-eight millions, and five hundred thousand human beings!

-- W. C. Brownlee, Letters in the Roman Catholic controversy, 1834, pp. 347-348.

Catholic pope.

Catholic Italian Fascist Leader Mussolini and Catholic German Fascist Leader Hitler, both under the authority of the Vatican.

Hitler literally wrote that he was finishing what his church started. The elimination of the Jews.

8 years later, the pope made Hitler's party legitimate.

>I take fairytales written by proddy authors who frequently use the words "popery" and "papist" at face value
but where are the proofs user, this is a history board

and this made the Pope "in charge" of all their actions like some illuminati puppet master? Hitler was pretty into neo-pagan shit as well

Hitler wrote that he was finishing the LORDS work, not the work of the Church
do you take pleasure in deliberately butchering quotes?

“I believe today that I am acting in the sense of the Almighty
Creator. By warding off the Jews I am fighting for the Lord’s work.”

[Adolph Hitler, Speech, Reichstag, 1936]

“I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so”

[Adolph Hitler, to Gen. Gerhard Engel, 1941]

>The pope was in charge of 2/3 of the Axis powers
holy shit hahahahaha. im no fan of the pope but what the fuck

Live in denial, and go to hell.

The catholic church was killed in 1798 by France after ruling for 1,260 years, and was resuscitated by Mussolini in '29.

make a facebook page or something faggot

do prods not worship Christ?
he says specifically he is working in the interest of Christ to finish His 'work', nothing particularly Catholic about this is there?

>more than forty thousand religious murders for every year of the existence of popery
seriously dude all i have for you are reaction faces. im speechless, sorry.

This is biblical.

Golden Box: Ark of the Old Covenant:
>The ark traveled to the house of Obed-edom in the hill country of Judea (2 Sam. 6:1-11).
Mary: Ark of the New Covenant:
>Mary traveled to the house of Elizabeth and Zechariah in the hill country of Judea (Luke 1:39).
>Dressed as a priest, David danced and leapt in front of the ark (2 Sam. 6:14).
>John the Baptist - of priestly lineage - leapt in his mother's womb at the approach of Mary (Luke 1:41).
>David asks, "How can the ark of the Lord come to me?" (2 Sam. 6:9).
>Elizabeth asks, "Why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" (Luke 1:43).
>David shouts in the presence of the ark (2 Sam. 6:15).
>Elizabeth "exclaimed with a loud cry" in the presence of the Mary (Luke 1:42).
>The ark remained in the house of Obed-edom for three months (2 Sam. 6:11).
>Mary remained in the house of Elizabeth for three months (Luke 1:56).
>The house of Obed-edom was blessed by the presence of the ark (2 Sam. 6:11).
>The word blessed is used three times; surely the house was blessed by God (Luke 1:39-45).
>The ark returns to its home and ends up in Jerusalem, where God's presence and glory is revealed in the temple (2 Sam. 6:12; 1 Kgs. 8:9-11).
>Mary returns home and eventually ends up in Jerusalem, where she presents God incarnate in the temple (Luke 1:56; 2:21-22).