How do we revive Veeky Forums?

How do we revive Veeky Forums?

What about the other boards?
Can you zoom in on the Y-scale?

boards like /trv/ and Veeky Forums are Veeky Forums tier, a few are lower like /po/ and most are higher

google Veeky Forums statistics

As if more traffic would improve anything.

it unironically would, I don't think it would be good if it blowed up but we could do much better if we were Veeky Forums tier or above

If the theoretical influx of posters is the same quality/age of people posting here now, and moderation is as lax as it currently is, the board would simply be faster, shittier, and memeier. Like /mu/, essentially.

20 knowledgeable and thoughtful posters would do more for this board than 2000 randos.

no way Veeky Forums isn't more active

It's not about more activity, it should be about quality!

This

Nothing wrong with a slow board. It allows for more thoughtful replies.

You can't have a real discussion when there's 10,000 19 year olds yelling "nigger" at each other, but you can on a board like this.

Are you implying Veeky Forums was ever even close to the traffic of those two boards?

there's no reason to post here.

our waywt threads are just a few people who post regularly and every1 rates well even though most fits are boring.

if you wear clothes that someone outspoken happens not to like (aka it's not jeans and a tshirt), then the only comment you may get is an angry 15 year old calling your fit gay.

think about it. why do you post here?
- I don't come here for the good fits - there are none
- I don't come here for discussion - noobies tend to have some weird absolutist thinking: "you NEVER wear light shoes with jeans" and equally stupid and pointless posts.
- And I definitely don't come here to share pictures because everyone here is 15, broke, and or autistic.

what really makes this board is the minority of people who DO know about fashion and take it seriously, we could do with a larger amount of them, even if it means lots more of what you say

why are you here then?

I don't read or post in the WAYWT unless I'm feeling like an insecure fag (it happens a few times a year, I guess). I come here for the fashion discussion and inspo. It takes a few minutes a day to quickly browse the catalogue and see if there's anything worthwhile. Although the answer is usually no, I still do it regularly.

There is no doubt this board loses money, before he left moot was going to shut down some boards and amongst those mentioned was /mu/ which is a relatively popular board (relative to other interest boards), so Veeky Forums is far below the level of profitability.

I think those in power are aware that without the interest boards that have a demographic of a higher age than most other, more popular boards, advertisers would flee. Boards like Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, /mu/, Veeky Forums, /trv/, etc serve to legitimise the website above something like eight-chan and make the brand seem more advertiser friendly. I don't know the stats but I would hazard a guess that the most visited boards are /b/, /pol/, /a/ and /v/, all of which are complete cancer and not appealing in the least to someone wanting to sell a product.

tl;dr Veeky Forums is in no fear of dying, we're amongst the small communities on this site that don't completely ruin the the commercial viability of the Veeky Forums.

citation: my arse but it's obvious otherwise we would have been gone years ago.

I think Veeky Forums is in danger of dying, when i was a teen part of the appeal was a forum where you don't have to sign up and post whatever you want

a lot of video game piracy, random girls posting nudes on/b/, /k/ telling you how to build/maintain guns like mosin nagants for under $50 (pre-obama prices obviously)

was just a bunch of non-normie college kids posting some realy shady bullshit everywhere.

like even /mu/ loaded up full albums of shit on /rs/ back when rapid share was a thing

I always had money to buy shit but i appreciated the fact that the website was a real shit show and a bunch of fuckups helping each other out.

these days it's just a bunch of kids who grew up in the participation trophy era of social justice

so a lot of kids even into their 20's wince when you say shit like nigger, or fuck clinton.

that and Veeky Forums intially was captcha free, free to use.

and rarely banned people.

the jap dude who is in charge of this site is only in it for the money, so he's picking up a few hundred janitors and mods so he can make this place reddit/youtube

Moot basically was dead broke living with his mom up until he sold the website (since the website barely sustained itself)

now it's social justice, pop music and whatever second hand reddit content.

anything too early Veeky Forums esque is considered too edgy for the SJW/millenial world and is quickly removed before an advertiser sees it

---
Veeky Forums will not survive being a reddit clone, they have no captchas and they have hundreds of thousands of "boards" that you can't compete with.

you have to offer people decent content or they won't be coming back

I still think Veeky Forums offer a stronger community that most other websites if only because of the anonymity and broad topic boards. You get a sense of personality and real debates on boards like Veeky Forums, /mu/, /int/, Veeky Forums, and because of the democratised posting system that few websites utilise (i.e. no upvoting) there is no hierarchy of posters or opinions. What you gather from the website and each board is derived from actually browsing it and allowing yourself to be involved in the community, which few other websites boast. Over the years there have been many similar websites or sites that occupy the same market but I think this is the quality that makes Veeky Forums survive.

Also you're delusional if you think the website is any more SJW than it was years ago. People have responded to you condescendingly for saying nigger because you likely said it out of context or transparently trying to provoke people. The userbase of the site has grown up since 2004 and as such saying rude words isn't funny any more. Also one of the things people tote as the "glory days" of Veeky Forums is when people on /b/ would raid shitty youtube channels, shame camgirls and catch paedophiles, all SJW shit.

but are you the OG sieg or the wannabe sieg?

I almost never post in Veeky Forums but I come here for inspiration + to learn. Veeky Forums could do without the teenage angst and autistic 15 y.o calling people fags and niggers because they disagree with you, albeit this shouldn't be taken seriously to begin with.

Perhaps less animosity, less cringe threads (they are funny, but it's pretty pathetic to hate on someone anonymously) and more...fashion related shit. ty

>---

based

I think the lack of people of Veeky Forums is what keeps it somewhat civil

same here, I lurk here everyday but I almost never post. I like the inspo threads for pretty pictures, hair threads are good sometimes. I don't want this thread to dissapear but it needs more variety of posters.

Where did all the good/decent/entertaining trips go?

On Veeky Forums more traffic results in more content but less quality of said content. The biggest boards (/pol/, /tv/, /v/) are universally knows as the worst while the smaller (in comparison) are known as the best (/sp/, /int/, Veeky Forums, /ic/)

>/pol/ one of the worst
>/sp/ one of the best

lmaoing at this post, nice bait

>Also you're delusional if you think the website is any more SJW than it was years ago
Don't know what he's getting at, it was liberaltarian before I took a break in 2013-2015 and when I came back /pol/ had seeped into everything.

>The userbase of the site has grown up since 2004 and as such saying rude words isn't funny any more.
Kek, except you, cuck.

ITT: gullible redditors actually believe the chink when it says this site is losing money

It's the general threads, people need to learn to stop posting in them

>Liking a bunch of 19 year olds saying "Nigger" and pretending they elected Trump
>Not liking a board with optimal traffic that knows how to get off topic in a good way and the most Chad base topic

You are cancer. Go back to your containment board.

>how to let everyone know you're underage in one post
lmaoing @ u'r a life