Where can I get a cool french stripey shirt ?

Where can I get a cool french stripey shirt ?
Also what is the history ?
Why do they wear the stripes?

What is the coolest version of this shirt?

They're called breton shirts. Google that and you'll find many versions for sale. I could be wrong, but I believe they originated from the Russian navy.

Adding onto that because he's right, they're Bretons just to suggest saint james because they do good Bretons

>Where can I get a cool french stripey shirt ?
Armor Lux

>Also what is the history ?
It used to be an uniform for sailors, and it eventually became very popular thanks to designers such as Jean Paul Gaultier who made it an iconic piece

>Why do they wear the stripes?
The stripes made it easier to notice a sailor who would've fallen into the water compared to their plain former uniform

>What is the coolest version of this shirt?
Jean Paul Gaultier's

Where in Denver would they have a shirt like this?

They were hip wayyyyyyyyy before JPG.

Classic bohemian staple.

And nah. The stripes are actually an optical illusion to accentuate the shoulder to waist ratio.

Why is French humor so lame?

Did you know that in French, the word actor is comedien.

Jerry lewis was a pervert

yeah these have been cool forever.

and imho, buying a designer version of what is inherently a utilitarian garment is kind of lame.

I used to have one that came from GAP

Agnes B makes dope bretons, but theres no point in spending a lot of money on one.

Yeh sorry I forgot that sailors were inherently worried about their shoulder to weight ratio

Where can I cop one like Bob's?

Leave this board

user was right. It was a design feature of the Telnyashka shirt, which is where the breton evolved from.

Most effay man of all time desu

Fcuk w2c bob's shirt????

That pic is 60 years old bro. You're gonna have to do some digging.

They are slimey

You can thrift that shit easily I found a green and black striped one in near perfect condition

the best ones are the authentic ones from france
the shirts are a good represnetative of french culture at large because they combine the two greatest loves of the french - surrendering, and black things

Saint James or Armor-Lux.

good post
i like you

Holy SHIT that's an orange and white striped shirt. Where the fuck can I C O P that shit?
Fucking
W
C!??

>buying a designer version of what is inherently a utilitarian garment is kind of lame

Then stop wearing designer jeans, chinos, cargos, sneakers, trench coats, peacoats, bomber jackets and pretty much whatever is in your wardrobe right now.

looks blue and black to me

I think they did. Russian versions are called telnyashka

Lmfao

Get out

which is what you should get

W2c genuine telnyashka's in the EU? I've been looking on amazon but some of those aren't the real deal.

Well, why are you looking on amazon? Are you new to the internet?

No but I bought a bundeswehr jacket there before and that was all alright

>military uniforms don't have aesthetic considerations

wew

w2c this one

Sneakers have performance/technology considerations.

But other than that I don't. Dickies, Levis, surplus peacoats and bomber jackets etc. are all cooler (and a lot more masculine) than the designer versions plebs get memed into.

orcival. you can get the french navy version half the full price off french military surplus sites: doursoux etc.

word
of course utility is most important, but how your military personnel look is a reflection on your country
why do you think the military is so uptight about hygiene and strict personal appearance? They don't want embarrassment neckbeards running around with the country's flag patched on their uniforms

I picked up something very like that at jc penny recently

To this day only gay men wear those shirts
We also say "acteur"

Looks like someone in Bob's entourage bit his style later on

ha

That's Bob Neuwirth. Do you think they were sharing clothes?

Bob's shirt is effay as fuck

They originated in france tho

Agreed. Mid 60s Dylan was the most effay man of all time.

It looks identical, I'd definitely be trying to steal Dylan's wardrobe too

if you really wanted one you could go A$AP Guess? i

I say mostly acteur

w2c?

>frog fashion
wew

>Why do they wear the stripes?
we don't

Thats not what I have heard

just copped this russian milsurp, looks like a high quality double-knit telnyashka