Summer shorts thread

It's getting pretty hot - around 30ºc here

what are some shorts brands which are both cool and comfy?
I have a couple of shorts from H&M and don't really like them desu

Other urls found in this thread:

urbanoutfitters.com/shop/katin-patio-short?color=040&quantity=1&type=REGULAR
asos.com/au/asos/asos-wide-leg-pleated-balloon-shape-pant-in-black/prd/6255512
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bumping for interest

bumping too

Bump, It is getting pretty hot here too.
Is Urban outfitters better than uniqlo for shorts quality?

OLIVERS is actually a decent brand for athletic-style shorts that still look good when worn casually, I've botten 3 pairs in the past couple months

>botten
jesus fucking christ

Why must you make a threda and ask such ridiculous fucking retarded questions?

>what are some shorts brands which are both cool and comfy?

JUST FUCKING CUT OFF OLD JEANS that guy on your pic is reddit shit and you know it full well. Do you see Shia wearing that style of shorts? fuck off with your derpy trolly baits.

s&h

Are uniqlo shorts good?

holy shit why are the trips on Veeky Forums so bad
like just leagues worst than the trips on most other boards

looks like quite a few are interested but barely anyone knows about the topic lol
is it so hard to be as cool as possible and still look decent?

Yep

Did you even look at H&M?

well yes, as I said I own two, but they're not of a very comfy and breathable material, how are those in your pic like?

Those shorts are really short.

>ever buying fast fashion
do you not realize the irony behind what you just said

are cotton shorts comfy for hot summer? I've only owned chino shorts or jorts and neither are great

Should I prepare for summer, it doesn't last that long.

yes

I don't give a fuck what Veeky Forums says about them but hybrid shorts are the best as far as comfort in heat. It's like easily 100 on the daily in LA and they are convenient if you wanna jump in the water while you're out and about.

hybrid meaning those that can be worn for swimming?

Yes. They have 4 real pockets, zippers, buttons and belt loops unlike swim trunks/board shorts so they function better

do you recommend any particular brand?

In all honesty I'm not particular to any brand as far as hybrid goes. The surf/skate companies (RVCA, ONeal, Volcom etc) are your best bet for this kind of thing. Nice thing is they have plenty of options that don't have obnoxious patterns or logoing

Is it to autistic to buy some pants just to turn them in to shorts? Does someone have any tips to turn them into shorts and some red flags to be aware?

To add on there are plenty of "off brand" companies that offer hybrid as well. Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head

I bought some nice Chino shorts from uniqlo, pretty good for summer look imo

Yeah they are very soft and breathable

Any brand recs for lanklets? I want the shorts to obviously be higher than the knee but also not be too wide and balloon out which would fuck up my proportions by further extenuating my skinny ass legs.

are jean shorts acceptable my dudes

they go over my knees but i think they look fine if i roll them up

I just bought a pair from UO and they're pretty comfy. Like $35 though

i don't think shorts are acceptable for grown men to wear unless they are working out?

They are in Florida.

They're alright, but something about the fit is kind of off. I swear they crush my dick / balls and I feel like if I size up the waist won't fit.

you've obviously never lived in a tropical climate

try walking around in pants for a day when it's 100 degrees out with 80% humidity, you will feel like shit and be viewed as an idiot

i'll wear jersey shorts way above my knees, they fit with my comfy-core outfit but not anything smart
shirts and shorts rarely looks good imo, unless you keep it casual (open shirt, well fitted bermuda shorts)

get real fa pussy

Are chino shorts acceptable to wear with t shirts?

Or should I get something else?

is this the male romper
anything that requires me to get naked to poop is 10/10 in my book

you shit in your pants? hardcore

I have the same problem, they have no flex. I'll get memed on for saying this but I actually found better chino shorts at american eagle, they're heavier and feel much higher quality.

Bought a pair of 100% un-dyed linen from H&M and they're solid. Wear them with some birks, CPs, or some neutral color shoe with a linen button-up.

Keeps me cool on hot days.

keeping thread alive with inspo

anyone know if the dickies shorts are comfy?

Since when should anyone take cues from Shia LaBeouf on literally anything?

If you think these are really short, you gotta stop being an African American and join the normal, decent people on earth.

this is gay

i like these satta shorts a lot, but they're a bit pricey

>that wrinkly shirt

Dude, you forgot the trillby.

being insecure about your masculinity isn't effay

but what if it is gay user

uniqlo easy shorts are pretty comfy

First day on Veeky Forums, I see.

10 inch cargo

anything else is gay as fuck

is it effay to shave your legs?

Only if you have tattoos

In California everyone wears them

lmao you're the biggest faggot here insecure ass, get your middle school tastes out of my face

should I get these? my only concern is that I'm 6'2 and skeltal and the inseam is 8 inches. I feel like wearing shorter shorts look goofy unless you've got toned legs. Also the model is 5'11

urbanoutfitters.com/shop/katin-patio-short?color=040&quantity=1&type=REGULAR

w2c

never wear shorts, only pants / jeans

I really like this fit, not sure about the socks tho

t. I live In copenhagen

fuck off I refuse to suffer to be fah

>Below knee

Everybody wears shorts in Denmark tho

true, even in denmark it can get pretty hot in the summer, which means there's retards on this board wearing jeans in in 30ºC+ heat

It was 48c where I live yesterday and I wore black joggers and didn't think a thing about it because I'm not a bitchmade european

Got a black pair of these yesterday. They're so comfortable and keep the crotch cool.

>wearing black casually
>wearing black in the summer

The autism of Veeky Forums combined with its insistence in wearing so much black leads me to the conclusion that most people think you ppl are all shooters irl.

Correction, school shooters

i have three pairs of these and they're super comfy. the model looks like hes wearing a large, not medium. if you're 6'2 then the length will be perfect. im 6' and ordered M. would recommend trying them on first if possible

you know what's up

>trying this hard to look like a goth ninja in the summer

thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure the inseam for all of them is 8 inches and I have a 32 inch waist so a medium would probably fit me best.
They're fucking gym shorts. Wearing black clothes to exercise makes you a school shooter?

>tfw the most effay thing in the summer is having a fit body
>tfw being a lanklet looks better for the other 80% of the year

it's just not fair

Who the fuck would leave the house wearing this outfit?
What is this """"""""inspo""""""" for? To look like beta cocksucker?

>being a lanklet looks better for the other 80% of the year
>this is what dyels actually believe

out of stock but here:
asos.com/au/asos/asos-wide-leg-pleated-balloon-shape-pant-in-black/prd/6255512

J crew Stanton are probably the best shorts I own.

I also like the Nike dri fits as well.

depends on the crowd you move in. for working class whites and minorites: muscular is more Veeky Forums. For wealthier whites/asians, thin and tall is the look everyone wants.

Just go to macys or nordstroms bud. No reason to go crazy and splurge on shorts, just go simple and let the rest of your fit do the talking.

could that backpack be any bigger?

What I'm starting to do is get board shorts and swimming trunks, cutting the net and using them as actual shorts, some of the designs by Ralph lauren, nautica, etc. Can be some really cool shorts

go to your local thrift or goodwill and buy a bunch of cheap pants to turn them into shorts. you're guaranteed to find better quality shorts material there than h&m.

corduroy pants turn into pretty nice shorts too imo and there's usually plenty of them for cheap

>Uniqlo doesn't ship here
Well I guess it's back to the mall for me.

Where can I find board shorts like these? I'm a big fan.

Another angle.

Ooh das nice