Are luxury cars worth it...

Are luxury cars worth it? I have little interest in cars but I feel like buying an expensive car just for the image now that I have a decent job. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedonic_treadmill
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Are luxury cars worth it?
no. they are expensive to acquire, expensive to fix, and depreciate rapidly. don't buy a car that costs more than 25% of your annual gross pay.

Don't fall into the trap of acting rich. You make what you make. You don't have to show it off, and it's expensive to do so. In this case, luxury cars are expensive to buy, expensive to fix even if you fix it yourself, and expensive to maintain(you dont care about a cheap honda, but suddenly, you want your luxury car to always be clean and stuff like that). You are not what you drive.

Buy one and find out. They're a huge liability. That's usually the first mistake people make when they get a promotion or a new job, they go out and buy all this fancy new shit which adds to their expenses, and you end up being no better off than before.

Invest your money into assets and when your assets allow you to afford a luxury car, go for it. Otherwise you're just buying a toy that will depreciate like a motherfucker and get boring real quick, all for the sake of 'status'.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedonic_treadmill

After a few weeks, the luxury car just goes back to being "the car."

Buy used. A 2005 lexus has basically all the same features you'd find on modern luxury cars with the exception of a more dated navigation system.

Incredibly, my mother just bought one such Lexus and we were discussing what a great idea that was.

I bought a 96' Volvo 960 and that has more features than my dad's 2016 impreza.

climate control, electric seats, sunroof, etc.

Yes, if you want to get laid with hotties.

Financially, a new car or luxury car is about the single worst investment a person can make.

That being said, there are SOME business crowds and finance crowds, that if you don't have a nice car you're not gonna be "in".

But honestly, the nice cars, are literally just more problems. I drive a Honda. Very little can go wrong. My father's Porsche has about 75 buttons on the dash at the driver's disposal. LOTS more shit that can break and then requires fixing.

No, cars are never an asset, they're a liability. Buy a cheap, sturdy, Japanese econobox like a Corolla or a Civic.

Alternatively, buy something that won't depreciate in value any more, but has a collector or enthusiast appeal and is likely to appreciate in value. 15 years ago that would have been an AE86, as they'd just hit rock bottom for prices, and have been appreciating since. Current contender would something like a 1st Gen Miata.

>just for the image
Literally nobody gives a shit

IMiata is actually a good example of a sensible car that has some 'cool factor'. Mechanically they're incredibly simple, and the engine and drive-train have commonality with Mazda and Ford's economy vehicles. They get good gas mileage, they're reliable, are cheap to buy, and the design has aged well, 20 years later they still look great and turn heads.

Also, the 'hairdresser' stigma is long past, most of the people driving them these days are sportscar enthusiasts.

It depends on what you want in a car.

Personally, I prefer luxury vehicles. I'd love a fast car but I've gotten a ton of speeding tickets and I know a sports car would just make that worse for me. Like it or not you have to go the speed limit.

Why not go the speed limit in a luxurious vehicle?

I drive an older luxury vehicle, a 1997 Lincoln Town Car, and I love everything about it aside from how old it is.

Once I have enough money for a new car I will buy the most luxurious vehicle I can afford. I don't need an SUV, I don't need a sports car. If I'm going to buy a regular car, why not buy one with the smoothest ride and best looks possible?

you probably think everyone will see you as a bad ass. truth is everyone will see you as a way bigger faggot than you are now.

>I own nice things
>there for i am rich

I drive a 2006 ford escape and own a two bedroom apartment

I probably make more money then you
I probably have a larger portfolio then you
I probably have more in my rsp then you

user dont be nigger rich, live within your means. Be responsible.

I bet you work on trains.

i rent fun cars for a weekend on occasion, just because. rented a slingshot two months ago, pretty worth it. felt like a jackass and loved it

They're worth it if you can afford them and if you're buying them for you and not to impress others. I've never had a car in my life that sounds or drives or looks like my Porsche. Every detail down to the stitching in the interior is flawless. It handles so smoothly like the car is guiding you through every turn, and the engine roar when revving high is absolutely thrilling. If there isn't a car that makes you feel this way you probably don't need it. Spend money on a) what you can afford and b) what makes you happy not what you think impresses someone else.

You mean 10% right

Please stop these shitty troll threads.