Veeky Forums guitars

Beat up Fender offsets are always Veeky Forums in my opinion. Post em

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Jf_JnEVMq4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Upside down strats too

Trick is to get models with more unique shapes and limited runs, like the Gibson marauder I'm gonna pick up later this week.

Otherwise big fat jazz boxes

Fender is for plebs

here's mine

thinking about painting it black, or white, because i can't dig the pale green anymore

Get a different pickguard instead. Painting such a fine guitar would be a crime.

It's true, if I wanted it painted I would probably have to go to a professional. The thing is, with the pale green, I think the white pickguard looks best, not sure if I'd change that part of it.

are violin guitars effay

sort of off topic but when learning guitar would you guys recommend looking for a teacher or learn how to play yourself?

Reddddit

looks great to me, paint it another pale color if you get it painted or maybe like an off white?

Rate this thing I put together on Warmoth.

If you've got like $400 to spend, get an Ovation Celebrity. They have some really cool looking models, they're super loud, really ergonomic, kinda classic...idk but I have two of them that I play much more often than my Martin

love the shitty 60s nip planks great for punk

bait

:(

r8 my refinish + custom duosonic design, i play alt/punk mostly

the notes are for an older design i was going for, basically i just want a nitro finish, skinny frets, coil tapping, 1meg pots, and locking tuners

i've got a stock 2016 duo sonic right now so i would refinish and customise that, but if i ever run into money i'd like to build it from new parts. my duo sonic is alder and i'd prefer a basswood mustang body because that would be light as fuck and i HATE singing with a heavy guitar on me

>coil tapping
series parallel is a lot more useful and sounds better imo

this is my stock duo sonic. looks a LITTLE too cobain-y considering i try to sing and write like him too

>Mustangs without the big headstock
NAH

see, this is some shit i like to hear, i never would've thought about that in the design unless you posted that. thank you

what pickups are you going to use? 1meg will sound pretty shrill with single coils.

dimarzio super distortion in the bridge, i don't ever use the neck so i'll probably just have a 250 or 500k stratty single coil

on that note holy shit i got a used strat with SCN (noiseless) pups and i never knew why it was so fucking garbage. ugh

looks better methinks. i'd still rather have a mustang but that's cos the body has a bit more curve to it

danielle haim is really hot

>SCN
those are pretty terrible. i think the only noiseless way to go for strats is early lace sensors. they have a different sound but it works.

Pssshhh.

Get on my level

>that tail inlay

what

Offset guitars are the least Veeky Forums thing you can get right now. They're the tumblr of guitars, every wannabe indie faggot has one.

Be unique, play something no one else has.

better, be unique by learning how to play.

any one here nylon string master race?

every genre has a bit of a meme guitar aesthetic

the semi-hollow/hollow body epiphone-style guitar, *just* on the edge of breaking up on a tube amp (fender twin for example) is suuuuuuch a meme too. off the top of my head––
james bay
george ezra
hozier
lumineers
kings of leon

all use those guitars, and they wear fuckin oxford shirts, slp hats, chelsea boots and other WORKWEAR

i'm gonna get my basswood mustang and i'm gonna play grunge and that might make me an indie wannabe but fuck man i just want to sing and thrash with a light guitar on my shoulders

i played my friend's les paul at rehearsal, kudos to all of the famous singers that used that guitar, that shit is hard

heck yeah bb

very underrated compositional tool. low tension strings + low volume instrument make me more likely to do less conventional stuff with chords and melody

and you post a steel string guitar?

woah i was literally right about to make this thread but decided to go to /mu/ instead

Basically anything that looks like it would have been made 25+ years ago.

You can still find great deals on 70s acoustics.
I'd rather own 10 interesting vintage guitars for 2000 bucks than one brand new guitar for 2000 bucks.

Looks like you're having fun, user. You record anything?

>tfw you will never own a guitar as pretty as Bilinda's

youtube.com/watch?v=5Jf_JnEVMq4
not me but he has a youtube channel

had 5 nylon strings for polly and something in the way, apparently

do you hear that as steel strings tho? my mind's playing tricks on me now

>2017
>"mathrock"
l o l

they laughed at beethoven too

Get your nigger ass off this board

talk shit post fit bitch

=( well this is sad

>they laughed at Beethoven too
not sure if you're meme'ing but citation needed

Beethoven sustained himself on patronage

Also, what does a deaf man care if people laugh at him

i was there man

w2c that git

it's a vintage epiphone century, they just reissued it

if i ever succumbed to that shitty indie folk rock meme i would buy:
epiphone century
heavy as fuck-gauge strings
fender twin
fedora

and just play C and F all day while hammering on. it would be fun

fedora

who's top left and bottom two left

1977 gibson s-1 - my current

hey angel!

I like the roasted maple neck.

To defend my stupidly expensive purchase, I must say the Gibson RD is one of the prettiest solid body guitars out there. The 70's artist and standard models are beautiful
Mine is a standard reissue silverburst from 2007. I think only 400 were made
SG's are also some of my favorites, especially models like the standard limited with the natural burst finish.

For hollow bodies you pretty much can't go wrong with a Gretsch. Slap a bigsby on there and it's perfection.
When it comes to acoustic guitars, you can't beat the Gibson J-185.

I love your bust

lol im not angel - she has the later 1978-80 version with black pickups

Fuck guitars, lets star a Angel olsen inspo thread.

Just get a guitar that sounds good to you and suits your needs. Obsessing about how you appear while holding it will just make you seem even more pretentious.

so is this like a waywt for guitars? I can dig it

more jags

72 tele thinline? beauty

learn to play by yourself at first and then go back and take a few lessons

Starting with a good teacher will keep you away from bad habits one tends to develop by "self-teaching". Also, practice every day if you're serious about it.

how has no one posted the #1 yet?

69 actually

Fuck ye Danielle is the best Haim

>jazz master
>no neck pickup
>jazz

i really shouldn't assume so much of her personality from her looks and her music––but man i think she'd be a great QT P2T talented INFP GF who i can dance to fleetwood mac and george harrison with

but really who knows, that's probably what her label wants me to think

this is now a ideal musician gf thread

honorable mention to sky ferreira though i don't think she's very good

i guess for me it's really between danielle haim and lana del rey, they're both pretty empowered and hot and stuff

gonna go with lana because she's the nirvana fan

It's called the "Jazzbastard" for a reason.

In case anyone cares, it's wired like an Esquire. (No, that's not the same thing as the cheap Squier line.)

das nice

These may be exclusively used by tapity-boop-bop instagram guitarists, but I like how they look anyway.

So true. And lol at him recommending a Gibson Byrdland when the biggest guitar meme I can think of in recent years is literally any semi hollow for "indie band influenced by R&B or pre-60's blues".

Byrdlands (and semi hollows generally) are dope but you are deluded if you think you can pick a non-boutique guitar that is not a meme to some extent. Unless you've been kicked in the head by a horse and play a BC Rich with a country band or something.

Stripped down Gibson or dressed up Fender?

Gibson for sure

i love Vs

Frank Sinatra, Mick Jagger and Axl Rose.

My main: Eastman thinline archtop.

And yes, I actually play jazz.

and the scratches aren't from me, bought it used.

But I'm not going canoeing for awhile

solid or laminated?

>not playing a gaudy dadrock guitar

If burst LPs are the MFA of guitars, then what would be the Full Rick of guitars?

Probably and EGC meme machine

that question deserves its own thread, pretty good