Not exactly sure where to post this, but you guys are the hair guys, so here it is

Not exactly sure where to post this, but you guys are the hair guys, so here it is.

I'm balding. That's not the problem, per se. I am soon coming into many thousands of dollars, and I've decided that I'm directing a portion towards hair replacement surgery.

I'm young, and my hairline isn't tragic, but it's obvious. Here's my concern: if I get the treatment done now, will the follicles that weren't replaced still fall out? I don't want to get this done only to have my hair thin a second time, and look super unnatural at that.

Picture only tangibly related

The transplanted hair and the hair on the back of your head will be permanent, but yes the rest will fall down

I see, thank you.

Is there some kind of contingency for this? It seems like a pretty glaring flaw, I doubt they'd just ignore it.

For what it's worth, I'm looking at the ARTAS system, I don't know if that changes anything.

you need to own your balding.

cut your hair short so you can't ever look like you are combing over.

then you need to start lifting.

growing a goatee or a beard can help too. .

Already been shaving my head and lifting for years. I made peace with it a while ago.

But the money is from a lawsuit where I was hit by a car and injured, so that I couldn't lift for two years. It was a very difficult time. I figure hey, might as well get my hair back, because fuck it.

don't the transplanated hair fall out too sometimes?

buy an old harley and fix it up my guy

Actually, I am planning on getting a bike.

I've already mourned my hair, but I figure if I'm having a bunch of money fall into my lap, I might as well be a little vain.

apparently there is a procedure which involves stem cell magic which prohibits the rest of the follicles to fall out.

my dude I'm 21 years old and bald. it sucks I have the money to undergo the transplant, but to be completely honest I'm happy the way I am.

Every day a baldfag thread where some guy posts not understanding that male pattern baldness kicks in around age 20, not around age 40.

Use finasteride AND minoxodil if you want to keep your hair indefinitely and maybe grow a little bit of it back.

Finasteride may break your dick forever, do your homework.
Minoxodil is a slow-poison for cats, re-home any cats you have.

Hair transplants are a cut and paste job of the hair around the sides of your head, which never falls out, on to the top of your head where the hair does fall out.
There is no reason why a hair transplant would stop the other hair on the top coming out.
I don't believe transplanted hair ever suffers from the male pattern baldness.

can we see your hairline? wouldn't it be worth waiting later into your life when it's proper bad? or at least until maybe there's new treatments

I've been balding for nearly 10 years, I've done plenty of research. If I wanted to rub snake oil in my head, that's what I'd be doing. I want my dick to work more than I want a hairline.

Like I said before, I don't need advice on how to accept it. I did that years ago. But, I was injured and depressed for two years after some shit, I figure I owe it to myself to do something selfish to make me happy.

No transplant, finasteride and minoxidil as fast as you can.

Fuck the dweebs that tell you to "just own it". They're retarded and don't seem to understand not everyone thinks and behaves like them, and that not everyone is able to pull of the shaved head look.

I'm personally not balding (yet) but I am saving money in case I do ever start losing hair. Honestly I'm curious about the follicles that don't get replaced too. I would think that they would be replacing all your hair to mitigate for further balding, but at the same time it seems like a shot in the dark replacing all your hair that may or mat not fall out at some point after the procedure.

I think it'd be well worth sitting down with a cosmetic surgeon and asking them about this stuff. In fact, you should consult with several surgeons, really do your research on them to make sure you're not just getting a hack job that will make you look like a rag doll for a discounted price.

There is only one surgeon who does the specific treatment I want in the 4 surrounding states. He has outstanding reviews, and I'm confident in the choice.

I'm not interested in preserving what natural hair I still have with oils, I'm well past the point of slowing the process. The only reason I've decided on the surgery is because it's a small portion of a reasonable lump sum I'm getting.

If there's no contingency for keeping it post surgery, though, I'll just go back to shaving my head for good.

If you get a hair transplant, you want your hairloss to become stable before you do. Otherwise you end up chasing the balding. Say you get a hair transplant for receding temples. The transplant will hold if you have a competent surgeon, but if your hairloss is unstable, you will continue to lose hair in other places.

Balding usually becomes stable when you are middle aged because the DHT that causes hairloss has had time to settle and do most of the damage that it will do. That's why you see Bosley commercials with mostly middle aged men. If you are young and just started balding, I would highly discourage a hair transplant.

I wouldn't say I just started balding, but I'm certainly not done, either. I guess that answers my question, thanks

It's called propecia. Don't jump into transplants they're a last resort. We have drugs for this shit.

Might as well spend that money on gear and get huge famalam, what you're asking for is basically a way to stop hair loss and if there was something that wasn't pretty much snake oil you'd see it on tv all the time.

>having a hair transplant will cure my depression

Setting yourself up for a fall, pal.

I'm not trying to cure my depression, I've done that already. What I want is a small, vain consolation prize for getting hit by a fucking car and shut in my house for two years. It's a small portion of the money I'd be seeing, I'd like to treat myself ONCE to something that matters to me because I've been struggling in every way imaginable since the accident.

I really didn't think I'd have to explain this so many times, is it really that unreasonable? If my hairline was my foremost concern, I would've just fucked with oils like you all said.