Start wearing Old Skools

Start wearing Old Skools

ugly

i'll suck any guy's dick if he wears old skools

about a year and a half behind

I have a pair already

but one stars are better OP.

We get it, you're a poor, uncreative teenager

There's nothing really wrong with them desu.
Just been done so many times and people think they're like a staple sign of 'I know my fashion' when the reality is you just look a pleb.

had a pair that I got for $30 on sale fucked them up skating. regret not buying 2 pairs since they where so cheap and so fucking comfortable

What is it about these that makes them look so juvenile? Not even converse look so childish

it's probably just who wears them

This. The older I get the more pathetic trend-hopping seems. Just find a personal style that works with your body/face/hair etc. and own the shit out of it; fuck trends.

I live near a high school and the amount of kids that wear zanerobe (jogggers), old skools/ski his, skate-brand tee's, dad-hats and herschel backpacks is insane. i know this is overused in political contexts but they really seem like mindless sheeple.

you have to account for SOME fashion trends though. wearing skinny jeans in the mid 00s and you wear a retard. pretty much like wearing bootcut jeans now

of course in the context of your decade you have to follow trends (i'm not going to wear a double-breasted suit and trilby around). i guess i'm talking more about the micro-trends that live and die within the span of a year and a half.

Anybody have better alternatives other than one stars

for what? a summer shoe? wear whatever the fuck u want man. adidas sambas, stan smiths, converse, vans etc. no one in their right mind will say they look out of place unless they have some serious issues.

trips speak the truth. At the end of the day if you actively care about what shoes other people are wearing you probably have some kind of mental disorder

legit skating a pair right now, and they're the perfect mix of style, boardfeel, and can pretty much go with anything.

These shoes remind me of the 7th grade. Fun times but that was 9 years ago.

I'm 26 and I occasionally wear a pair of grey old skools I got when I was 14, they kind of look like shit

Favorite shoes I own. I like them much better in monotone.

Wonderful color. Nice cop

This aint news. But they're nice. I especially like the gum soles

Pls respect your feet

At least buy other vans models

fit and look so much better than Converse, until Chuck 2's evened things out

I've read that shoes like Vans and Chucks are better for your feet because of the flat sole, and thick squishy Nikes and such are bad for your feet. is it actually the other way round or is everyone just full of it?!

back the fuck off??

It really doesn't matter, I'm just saying old skools are uncomfortable as fuck and everyone should look into the newer vans models like TNT SG.

Pls don't stab me with your pocket knife

but theyre all beefy and gross like an actual skate shoe...

ima post here again but has anyone tried classic slip ons with wide feet
how did u fare
I can't fit into them but I still want a pair for beaters

what fucking year is it lmao

trick question, but those are a timeless staple, so it doesn't matter

>old skools are uncomfortable as fuck
someone haven't heard about the Pro version

Wearing skinny jeans now is on par with boot cuts

I've got decently wide, flat feet and I fit into mine with the help of a shoe horn. Started to hurt after wearing for a long period of time though.

Is this a good color to get if I mostly wear navy pants and tan khakis?

I can't find those here ree. Pls post similar?

I'm not a teenager.

Talk to a real orthopedist before spouting shit

I've outgrown this meme. Legit selling my Old Skools atm

Which ones of these three?

neither, get the Old Skool Pros

yeah those look great

how about these?

i needed a new pair of old skools but got tired of everyone having the same pair so i got something slightly different and i love em

>selling old skools
how desperate for money are you

I would say it depends on what shirts you wear, but I'd say yeah. Get a second opinion tho, since I haven't been here too long.

Two and a half years*

i wouldn't suck your dick for it, if that's what you're asking

oh shit famalam
owned them for like 2 months and they're great, but you should know that there's a little more rubber on the toe compared to regular old skools, it's a really unnoticable thought, also platform is 0.5cm thicker, feels weird at first, but i got used to it by now (also they have ultracush insole)
ask if you wanna know anything

>not break points

I can't knock something that skates well, but that velcro is fucking disgusting

Oh that's cool to know. Thanks!

i've had everyone either hate them like you or absolutely love them there doesn't seem to be much middle ground

suck mine i am wearing them rn

do old skools tear up easy? trying to get a pair or two but I'm not sure how long they will last.

get the pros, way more durable + comfy ass insole

How durable are they? $100CAD is a little steep if they're going to wear down as fast as a pair of vans.

not very long honestly. get the pros if you really want but with the canvas side panels they tear up almost as quick

These are the superior Vans

What style jeans have surpassed skinny jeans, then, o trend master? Post your pants, while you're at it.

only person I know that wears this shit is this heavy left swinging gay guy that wears a fluffy jacket that makes him look like grimace

what are some other shoes you can find on the collection of someone who wears old skools?

checkerboard slip-ons
authentics

what about something that isn't vans?

stans

we don't wear meme smiths here, i suggest you go back to *braps loudyl* RE-EDIT

If you don't want them anymore what else are you gonna do with them?

Oh please do

It'd be great to lessen the number of competitions

The only acceptable vans if you're not a teenager anymore

not who you're replying to but,
tapered straight leg anything are timeless honestly, just go see a tailor.

Which vans are these?

wtc

vans madero

w2c

the only acceptable footwear for garage bass players

flat soles are terrible for your feet lol

care to explain why, user?

Pretty ugly. Authentic's look way better.

is that like a real Doctor or a chiropracter or massage therapist?

i'll give you $4 inc postage

Most definitely. Chuck taylors too. Also, old schools are my least favourite Vans.

I can it destroys the natural bow that your feet has makes it pic related.
before peoplw didn't wear shoes (or not woth extremely hard soles) and the muscles in your feet contracted as you walked over uneven surfaces. What the more weirdly shaped soles do now is they make your soles be in the shape they should be naturaly. it might be not extremely comfortable but it helps to keep you feet be like in the left of pic related.
(not english I don't know the proper term for the feet parts and shit sry)

I like mine I guess.

can't find them anywhere

it isn't the shoes. most people just walk with terrible form because they don't know what proper form is. proper shoes can be helpful but they aren't the root of the issue

yeah that's true but the non-flat soles on shoes help you to keep the right forn while the flat soles kind of let you do you own thing and most people will have it fucked up

flat and squishy is the worst combination, one reason why i don't wear sneakers anymore

what would you say to the argument that "proper shoes" act as a crutch for people who have poor form

You guys think I should get these or the regular canvas and suede ones?

sold out in my size, ah well dodged a autismo bullet

faggot
now you can't wear the official Veeky Forums uniform

regular canvas

you are right it, helps them to train the feet and muscles in it. just look at orthopedic shoes and how their soles look like.
but my argument is that flat soles make your arch more flat. if you don't have any problems with your feet it probably won't cause you much troubles but people that have really flat arch shouldn't wear them at all

OFWGKTA: the thread

Hey, should I be rolling up my pants like in that pic? Is that the style these days?