theshoesnobblog.com/2017/06/crockett-jones-archive-shoes.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Marni

>Marsell

>Dr. Martens 1461

>Ann D

>Raf

>Lanvin

Not OP but they come in my size so I'm grateful (UK 13)

A Kind of Guise

how do the 1461's size? everyone says size down a full size, is that true?

Heschung

I tried them on my usual size and they were too small. I would be very cautious sizing down as the crappy leather they have is very unforgiving

same size as chucks
i regularly wear a 12, 11.5 in chucks, and had to go 12 w/ insoles on 1461s cause the 11s did NOT agree with my slightly larger foot.

can only wear in winter with bulkier pants cause theyre fat as fuck... 11s were visually so much smaller. theyre also uncomfortable in the winter cause the shitty "leather" gets stiff as fuck under like 45 degrees F

I am 10 US on the Brannock so I took 9 UK and it took a couple weeks to get used to. They are a bit narrow.

Two eyelet, plain vamp derbys are the only acceptable answer, all others are shoes only my grandfather would wear.

Anyone ever tried Made in England 1461s and also non-MIE?
I'm hoping a can judge the MIE fit by the Non because you just can't try MIE on here.

yuppie garbaggio 2bh

Elf shoes. Why do millenials reach for such pointed, long abominations?

nono

monos only come in whole sizes. going a full size down was way too small. tts is def a little big but better than having toes crushed.

Sexts checked.

Are there any derbies like Guidi or Marsell that don't cost a grand?

you can probably find beat up derbies at the garbage dumps or gutters that look similar

So I've wanted to buy some nice brown shoes in the style of more or less.
I have only worn jogging shoes and running shoes for the last years now because of my fucked up back.

I'm wondering if these types of shoes actually have decent soles that support the whole foot and not some flimsy one cm 'thick' leather flap that makes walking literal torture.

I'd rather be a yuppie than wear those ugly, chunky things you call shoes.

The point is to elongate the shoe without adding mass the sides and height, and that style is historically correct. Besides, it's usually not millennials reaching for these shoes, this post kinda shows that.
theshoesnobblog.com/2017/06/crockett-jones-archive-shoes.html