Can Veeky Forums convince a fashion philistine to care about his appearance? I'm afraid I don't see the point

Can Veeky Forums convince a fashion philistine to care about his appearance? I'm afraid I don't see the point.

it's a form of self expression. if you don't feel the need to express yourself through your clothing, than that's fine.

just like language is a medium between minds, fashion is a creative medium
how you dress says a lot about you

How do you express yourself through your clothing?

Think of a gay pride parade. Everyone is wearing rainbows as a form of self expression. Like that.

viper didn't die in the hospital, right?

I was thinking the same, but everyone here looks gay

Everyone cares and communicates somehow with their clothing, every decision you make regarding what you wear sends some kind of message to the people around you.
The premise of this post: Is fucked, everyone expresses themselves through their clothing wether they choose to actively pursue fashion or not

Looking well put together will make you feel good about yourself

Coordinating a good outfit will make you look socially competent and in given circumstances might impress your peers

Caring about personal hygiene and the aesthetic appearance of your posture, skin and teeth will have long term positive effects on your health

Doing all of the above will make you seem stable and desirable to a mate and open opportunities for pro-creation

If you don't care about clothing then why default to ill-fitting, unkempt, tasteless options? If you don't care, why not dress in fine clothes that will make others around you more impressed by you? There's literally no downside and since you don't care how you dress it shouldn't matter. It's not as if a Uniqlo button down is more expensive than a shitty Hot Topic T-shirt, but one will earn you far more respect. I doubt you mean that you don't care because if you did you'd default to what others want to see as a means to improve your own station in life. What you really mean is you want to look unimportant and unimposing as a means of deflection away from deep seated selfconciousness.

"open opportunities for pro-creation"

is this what i have to read when fashion is on the internet. i mean, cmon

> walks into party
>goes straight into the kitchen, does not give a flying fuck about saying hi to anyone, the goal of the coming five minutes is to get so drunk that you can approach a cutie
>mission accomplished, look around the crowd a bit
> "oh hey, she is wearing CDG, i am going in boys"
>asks for her name and then starts spewing fashion knawledge, conversation lasts about 5 minutes before she gets up and goes to another room
>stand up and scream while gazing at the ceiling, realizing slowly that you thought that fashion would open opportunities for pro-creation.

The same way music is an aural form of expression, fashion is a visual one. How you dress gives an indication of how sensual you are. Sensuality is being cultured, sophisticated, profound and self aware. Most people here have shit taste though and obviously not well read on aesthetics, I just go here to shit on them once in a while and see some inspo threads. Are you from Veeky Forums?

Nope he's well and alive

>t. overweight neckbeard autist

that is good to hear!

son of shiva

What happened?

Fashion is a narcissistic hobby and nothing more. You can't be a fashion philistine because fashion is not art in any way. It does not harbour any deeper meaning and is no different than video games as a hobby

people are narcissistic, greedy and oblivious.

in order to get something from them (their money) in order to survive you must appear as if you know something/can give them something they want but cannot attain for themselves.

not just in sales, in an office environment and in life in general.

so in order to appeal to those underlying narcissistic and greed oriented tendencies in humans you must comply with their preconceived notions/societal expectations.

We used to bill well into the 5 figures for divorce proceedings at my frist job, and we didn't offer them anything.

we literally wrote letters and thinly veiled vague threats to people who don't know any better

but our office looked damn nice

and that's essentially what they paid for.

How wrong can you be. Fashion is about understanding and applying aesthetics not base entertainment.