So now that the dust has settled...

So now that the dust has settled, what is Veeky Forums's boot of choice ever since the 1000 mile has been exposed as poor quality garbage.

i have never seen this boot look good in a fit. just something about the profile is off.

I like my chippewas

I own a pair of 1000 miles, and having tried on several Red Wing models and looked extensively online at many brands I can say with confidence that I love the profile on the 1000 miles. Red Wings have enormous toe boxes that look out of place with skinny jeans, but 1000 miles work with anything from straight cut jeans to skinny jeans to slim chinos.

Chippewa also makes some good looking boots though, and Thursday has a more sleek fashion-boot-esque toe box that I find pretty appealing though I've heard that their quality is hit and miss. But at a $200 price point it's hard to complain about Thursdays, though it's worth noting that you can often get red wings or 1000 miles for under $300 on sale, and Chippewas are often in the $200 range as well.

Got em in brown and black. Added hiking soles to each. They are great and the speed hooks are ideal. I also have Grensons now and Red Wings in the past.

I've had a pair of black malis for like 4 years now.. and while the leather is supple af the sole drives me up a while. The crepe sole is perfect for ice skating, I can't wear them at all in the rain or snow.

Plus they're not ttf and are a little too long but other than that the silhouette is god tier

For the price of 1000 Miles, just buy a pair of plain toed Aldens or a pair of Indys.

agreed. I have a pair in all black and have the beeswax pair in the mail. people say they are memed out but the silhouette cant be beat.

What is this about poor quality garbage? My friend recently purchased a pair and I've been praising them as good quality boots thanks to mfa meme recommendation.

Someone explain please

Lmao

its not like any of you Veeky Forumsggots would even walk enough in the boot to make a difference for shit

wtf is it 2008

well i'm glad you're happy with them but every time i see them worn with slim fitting pants they look like pic related, i.e. terrible. maybe the silhouette settles down and looks better when they're broken in?

I dunno, this pic is from the first day or two after I bought mine and I like this silhouette with the skinniest pants I own. I think the guy in your pic should have gone half a size down but I'm not certain.

my boot of choice atm is rm williams. got a pair in chestnut and dark tan

also very partial to red wing 875s. after a few wears, the sole starts to smooth out and you get a really cool silhouette. not chunky at all like you might think.

Moc toe boots shouldn't have a chunky silhouette to begin with, you should be buying them fitting tight so they stretch and shape to your foot as they break in. Chunky moc toes look reddit as fuck

Copped these on sale, what am I in for?

the austrian para memes

cheap, quality, look amazing

HONK HONK

>tfw people don't get mono docs and go for the yellow stitching

KYS

I love the chunkiness of doc's and I have a pair of 1461 monos but god damn they were ass to break in

Same, I've had my pair from LL BEAN for 5+ years. Recently got another pair in sand suede I like a lot, customized the sole

I've had these for 3 years and love them

I nearly fell for the 1000 mile meme

>order a pair
>350$
>Comes in
>Cracked wooden sole
>Uneven welt
>Stitching was defective
>Laces looked like they were plastic dipped

Got pic related for 300 even, had some trouble with sizing because i have wide feet.
i would recommend redwing, the quality matches the price. go into a store for proper sizing before you buy online it usually runs 1 and a half size larger or 1 size larger for the heritage collection

deliver pictures

'Handmade', 'made in [western country]' etc usually just equates to sloppy all over the place shit quality. You're just paying the wages of some chubby white guy. Which might be a noble thing in itself but dont kid yourself youre getting anything more

>living in the south and watching hipsters try to wear boots

i've literally never heard this

but it is true, nice boots for the price, would be nice with better leather and sole but that would warrant a higher price anyways

>a pair of Indys

I've wanted a pair of Indys for like ten years now. Fuckers just keep going up and up, well beyond inflation.
Would have copped by now but you can't try 'em on here.

What do you reckon about solovairs? At first they couldn't do yellow stitching in the USA because of the patent. But it looks like they *might* be phasing out yellow stitching all over.
Don't quote me on this, I've not looked far into it.