Hair issues

>began my "locs" like 5 6 months ago with crochet hook ( was 1 month in twists before )
> Use crochet like every few weeks and just 30minutes ( very light )
> wash my hair once a week with aleppo soap

Washed my hair 5 days ago and did no maintenance .

Pls I no longer know what to do. Say something about it, are they even locking ?

Or just rate it if you don't what i m talking about

gross

Maybe it's too short ? Try other methods aswell, using a sponge or something...

I tried twists but it was taking too much time so I crocheted them.
I don t think a sponge would work on me.

Here are semi freeform locs with no products , and less maintenance, but even freeform locs look better than mine

I know, but why ?

1. Buzz your head
2. Wash your head
3. ???
4. Profit

Get someone to help you irl??

Yes theyre locking, just let them be. Also stop using the hook, it's very damaging. Starting locs is already a long process and overmanipulating your hair makes the process even longer.

Buzz ? What does it mean ? xd
No money, and want to do all by myself
Ok thanks. How much time do you think it will take rn ?

>How much time do you think it will take rn ?
Until fully locked? Idk man your hair texture seems relatively loose so maybe 4 more months? Check out Gunther da Great on youtube if you havent already

Okay.
Already following him and his friend donate daily. I prefer donate ´cause he doesnt talk shit about his life for an hour

>Buzz ? What does it mean ? xd
A fucking buzzcut, google it you summerfag

XDDDDDDD ^^

How do I maintain my hair rn ? I was planning to lightly crochet the most loose locs

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

you dont have the hair texture for free forming.
need to be really black for that.

What if I start to palmroll them ?

It will take about a full year for dreads to really take shape. Stop fucking with it and let it lock naturally. Just keep em separated to your liking

So, freeform or not ?

nigga freeforming means not touching it. which you obviously are doing. leave the shit alone and quit messing with it ffs does not know what theyre talking about because i know mulattos with free formed dreads. get your shape and stop caring

Firstly, I don't have black hair so take this with a grain of salt.
When I had my embarrassing white girl dread locks I did crochet hook, but that's more so for white hair because our hair is more difficult to lock.
Try using bees wax, they usually sell it at black hair stores. I would take a bit in my hand and rub it into my palms, and then roll the hair in between my palms. It will help to keep the shape and moisturize them.
When you go to get the bees wax ask the clerks at the black hair store what they recommend, they'll hook you up.
You can also try taking small black elastic bands and tying them at the root of the loc to keep your sections separated and even during the beginning stages. Sometimes when you're starting out, locs will start locking together or becoming uneven in size.

you're hair looks like an iron sponge KEK
hey buddy can u come to my kitchen I need to your head to wash the dishes LMAO

im white with freeform dreads. you have to use special non residue shampoo or not wash it all all

You don't wash you locs ??

I thank G O D erry day that i have luscious Caucasian hair. Just have to shampoo/condition that bad boy once or twice a week and i am gucchi. Now i know why black people are mad all the time lmao
keep fighting that good fight my basketball Americans

my sides have reached the stratosphere

Can someone explain this to me because I think anyone that has touched black hair will know it's not coarse like this or any other tool used to clean dishes. It's not even ignorant because it's not so much a stereotype as much as it's just incorrect

don't cry

?????? niggers cry all day on twitter about white people touching their hair are you joking ??????

Either you want us to understand and know the texture by letting us touch it or you can stop complaining about misconceptions from people who haven't ever touched it.

intelligent responses
"because I don't know what black hair feels like and because strangers don't like my Dorito dusted hands running through their hair I'll just make jokes about it online"

10/10

do you have brain damage? be honest, now

Tbh I ( OP ) agree with that. My hair is horrible to touch but I m ok with that this is the reason why I do dreadlocks

Btw I have a curl/coils/waves Define Pudding. Can I use it to retwist ?

I think you missed the point of what I said. Probably because you're a dumb ape.

You can either have:
1) Most white people never touching black hair and therefore not really knowing what it feels like. Dealing with the resulting jokes that come from whites not knowing the texture of black hair.
2) Stop whining about white people wanting to feel black hair, allow them to do so to educate them about black hair. Hear no "misinformed" jokes about black hair.

Remember.. You can only pick ONE of these scenarios, you silly little monkey!

im white with dreads and its common for strangers to ask to touch

i have not washed my hair in like 4 years

Pls dont, the build up will be awful. Use a natural gel like aloe vera gel or flax seed gel

A gel like this ? It says " creates ultimate hold without flaking - non drying to scalp - increases shine and look of the - alcohol free " + it has aloe vera in it

Edgyyyyyyyyyy