Boots

I read the sticky because I wanted to buy some boots and ended up at the RW IRs. Just before buying I did a quick search on them though and apparently they are a meme from 2012 and are "reddit boots" and "mfa-tier".

So what is a Veeky Forums approved boot then ?

Buy Viberg. They cost more, are higher quality, and aren't memed as much as IRs.

>like boots
>want boots
>can't get boots because a bunch of strangers on a cantonese basket weaving website would make fun of you
fag

I cant spend 700 eur on shoes, I'd say 400 is my max.

I also liked some timberlands but apparently they are "nigger shoes" and I am white, european actually.

theyre not for niggers if you live in yurop

this

that

Ok good to know

For some reason the Timberlands here all have this weird collar. It should be avoided right?

They are good boots, had a pair a few years ago. I consider myself fairly autistic and didn't know they were Reddit-tier. I assumed Wolverine would be the meme choice but I don't know what J. Crew is stocking these days

Do you think it should be avoided?

Well I'd rather have one with a regular ridge like this one. Is there a specific name for this besides 6 inchers?

sandes military collection boots give me a hard on

Copped the Grenson Fergal Boot for 110. The color might not be the most versatile but I like it and it was a great deal.

Red Wings have the best price/quality ratio. Great customer service, and they can repair/re-sole the boots. You don't get that from most other brands. Oh yeah I almost forget they've got a full leather insole that will mold to your foot. I'm not an expert so I can't speak for every brand ever, but in this sub $400 price range it's quite rare. See not only will the leather insole mold to your feet but it will last a long time unlike poopy synthetic foam materials. Did I mention Red Wing has their own tannery? What other companies source their own leather? I don't know but probably not that many. I'm quite the entry level Red Winger!

>but in this sub $400 price range it's quite rare
There are plenty of sub 400$ goodyearwelted boots, many far better quality than red wings

The collar isn't bad, in my opinion, depending on what you're wearing with them. My work boots have the same thing and I think it works well with how I dress for work.

they're considered MFA tier because that subreddit only focuses on classic menswear. If that's your aesthetic then they'll fit well in your wardrobe. If you want quality boots that are a little more "experimental" than classic brown boots then get them in black and rock them like you would any other boot. As for quality I can vouch for them but you should definitely size down at least half a size. They are uncomfortable when you first wear them and require some time to break them in.

Can you name a few then?

I usually wear size 10.5/11. Ive heard they look comical on bigger feat, is that true?

What boot could I buy so people could see I browse fa

>I usually wear size 10.5/11. Ive heard they look comical on bigger feat, is that true
Yep. That's what I wear in sneakers, I went down to 9.5 for my IR. 10.5 were gigantic on me.

he can't name a few because he is full of shit none of those other brands have full leather insoles AND have resoling services

they just hate red wing for being popular

Be careful with the "size down whole size or more" stuff. I wear 11, and with an insole, I'm tts with any of the "slimmer" RW boots (Beckman, IR, etc). You have to size down with those clunky moc toe ones though.

I'm a fan of Oak Street Bootmakers, and they're about your price range. RW makes hardy boots though, definitely don't dismiss them.

Also this.

>insole

uhh no the leather footbed molds perfectly to your feet dont put a poopy insert in your booties, pardner

My feet have a stupid high arch, so I need insoles. Leather won't mold that much.