Is drawing/writing on clothes Veeky Forums approved...

is drawing/writing on clothes Veeky Forums approved? I'm thinking of buying this military style jacket and completley inking it.
is it a good idea?

Was going to do some stuff to my denim jacket. Try out your idea it could look cool.

>is drawing/writing on clothes Veeky Forums approved?

IT CAN BE FASHIONABLE IF DONE APPROPRIATELY, BUT THE TENDENCY IS TOWARD UNFASHIONABILITY.

WRITING ON A GARMENT IS THE BASEST, AND CRUDEST, FORM OF CLOTHING MODIFICATION.

>is it a good idea?

NO.

It's a shame that you asked. Because of you did it anyway without asking and you liked the result then the satisfaction would be so much greater.

Just do that shit

you should do it. they look sick

>ADVICE FROM A GUY WHO SHOUTS EVERYTHING

95% of cases it looks cringy and tryhard
it can look good though but you need some skill and taste i guess

I'm pretty good at drawing and painting.
Any tips on what I should avoid?

Honestly I'm not good at describing things, the best thing is almost to have gotten a good taste yourself through looking at art/movies/whatever. But there are things that have been done over and over that just suck, edgy quotes (or just writing stuff all over in general), in edgy fonts, "skater doodles" like faces or whatever in that child-doodle like simple style if you know what I mean...

If you imagine that what you make could be sold by offwhite or some streetwear brand from los angeles or whatever then it's probably in poor taste and sucks.

Eh maybe you've gotten some idea of what I mean anyway

the jacket kanye and rocky got is nice

Thanks! I was thinking about painting Boris Karloff's Frankenstein face on the back, but you post made me scrap that idea.

That could turn out well though. Don't let my thoughts kill yours, a frankenstein on the back doesn't sound too bad, there's plenty of things you're in control over too that can make it stand out from previous stuff and look original and nice

tweaky dave

I'm playing with a few better ideas. And yeah, this face looks sick but it's a little cliched, isn't it.

That looks cliche, but you said you were skilled, so you could do it in a nice style with nice colours possibly and it could look nice. The aesthetic when everything is done is what matters and even if the subject is thought of as "cliche" it could be done in a very original way to achieve an interesting aesthetic in the end

I think that could look cool, I like how contrasty it is

would this look good in the back of the jacket?

Yes and there's room for expansion there, to do it in a more interesting way. You could do just the background colour in paint and then embroider the circles and lines, and it would look very interesting.

yes. thank you

yessssss. I love this album.

i saw a guy with an olive parka in the train a week ago. it had stuff like "21 pilots", "sad boys" and stupid gay tumblr quotes written ALL OVER, and i mean really completely covered. he was extremely insecure about everything and he kept staring at my fit (one of my best). i could basically read his mind, it was full of "please notice my cool tumblr jacket it's so tumblr". maybe i should make a "my feet hurt" version

Having a butthole on your denim jacket, no can do buckaroo

Are you a hollaback girl? Didn't think so
Then don't write on your clothes