Wearing this next Saturday to a nice restaurant with a female friend (not girlfriend)...

Wearing this next Saturday to a nice restaurant with a female friend (not girlfriend), any ideas of how to accessorize this in a classy way?

I find pocket squares are always a welcome detail, a bit obvious though.

Although it's hard to tell in the pic, the jacket is navy, the shirt is gray, and the tie is navy/grey striped. Which of these pocket squares do you think would look best?

I hate that tie. Don't wear i tie, unless it's a posh restaurant with gay dressing ruled

got a white shirt instead?

this

I do, yeah. Should I do a different tie if I wear a white shirt?

What fucking restaurant requires a tie nowadays?

Also that looks old, like you borrowed it from your dad that used it work work ten years ago.

Doesn't require one, just thought I'd wear a tie since we were dressing a bit. My friend said she's going to wear her old prom dress

Alright, then it's cool. Just checking that you're not a fedora lord.

I'd still look into getting a more modern tie, but if you dont wanna, top middle pocket square works best with the colors of the tie. Tie and pocket square should match.

go review some nuggets

dude... Ok, if both are dressing up, is alright I guess, as one evening out. #
I¨ll help you. Do you have other ties? Let me see what we can do.

Haha yeah, I'm the opposite of a fedora lord.

Here are a few other ties I have, are anyone of them better with a grey or white shirt (or any other color)?

those are very old fashioned, to the point they look a little bit out of place. The one on your first picture is the best option imo, if you insist on going with a tie. I would recommend a white shirt and no tie, though. What about your trousers and shoes?

Matching slacks, black wingtips.

I would suggest you no tie and the white pocket square with a white shirt.

>nice restaurant with a female friend (not girlfriend)
You're 100% a fedoralord

Most subtle and clever bait thread ive seen in a while on this board 8/10

get a solid colored tie

Sorry mate, you're the king of fedoralords.

Who the fuck wears suits to restaurants in 2000+17?

You only wear a suit to job interviews, weddings, parties and other places that require a suit, or if you're a tv news anchor or something like that.

You don't wear suits to restaurants that don't require one. You'll look out of place.

Perhaps you should bring a fedora, a bowtie and some spaghetti to complete the look

This is high quality bait by the way

This

Also those ties are absolutely fedora-tier

As much as this might sound alien to you, there's a lot of young people that wear suits often and nicely without coming out as fedora spergs.

Only in cities with a population larger than five million sorry.

I know this is bait but mods should sticky something about how fashion is largely contextual so newfags don't have to go through a straight razor brogues and mandarin collar phase

button up + sweater look. more casual but still somewhat formal

Smear some dogshit on it and that'll probably make it look better

that tie knot looks disgusting. your jacket is too large and the shirt is too tight

you'd be better off in full kanye