Im looking to grab my first pair, need some advice. Maybe will grab pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Glcg95L4JK4
youtube.com/watch?v=TgS3Q7eK86Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>military boot with broguing
>those extra stitches on the quarters
>flat rubber sole
Pretty disgusting senpai, there are plenty of corcoran replicas that don't look like shit. Check out the varusteleka boots.

youtube.com/watch?v=Glcg95L4JK4

Any of you dudes know any Jungle Styled Boots featuring a good steel toe along with puncture resistance?

How do you store your boots now that it's warming up? I just stick them in their box under my bed with trees

Grip fast boots. Steel toe, made in England. Fantastic boots.

>tfw got some McRae combat boots and they bleed dye all over everything

I just want some new (or old stock) surplus boots that aren't shit

Heavy, ugly, not very durable. But somehow just perfect.

nth for Solovair is goat and basically why tf aren't docs bankrupt yet

need some zip boot reccs pls NO laces ::)

How effay is this?

Lol

I don't think they're ugly senpai and the ones I have I've been using for 4 years of heavy use and they still hold up.

Very. W2C?

Left, middle or right?

Are iron rangers a meme?

they're r/mfa meme, and look like clown shoes anyway

there are better boots at that price if you look around bit more

What's your opinion on Corcorans 978?

Storm welt, not glued on.

Made in USA.

What do you guys think of these rick owens super high military zip laced boots?

Are these hueland boots /effay/ enough?

I like the look of the jump boots more, but they look good too, and that commando some is probably a better idea.(though you can change that in welted construction)

youtube.com/watch?v=TgS3Q7eK86Q

Why are these 978s so underrated? I never heard of them discussed before.

Really not a fan of those soles.

I wish they came instead with that plastic looking hard sole.

like this

Yeah, I'm a fan of these ones too

More modest and not as atacky

dgaf about modesty. it's just that those rubber ones are soft and these hard ones look much much nicer when they are well worn. see

Get the work boot. Same aesthetic but it actually has a usable modern sole.

holy fuck these are much better, think i might cop these instead

Lol it's the 978

you will never be downton abbeys chauffeur, why live

how many pairs of boots do you guys own? I've got a pair of black timbs and a pair of solovairs, and I'm thinking on buying a new pair but with a slimmer silhouette, any rec?

Left

I own 10 pairs now I think. Half are thrifted or milsurp, so I don't feel bad about how much I've spent so far.

I saw a guy yesterday in metro. he was wearing those half leather/half fabric jungle boots. It was hot weather. He was fat ass, no shoulders, wearing long shorts and an army t-shirt. Looking funny as fuck.

desu it doesn't look very flattering in those pictures though. Boots are very susceptible to angles. Like the I'm sure this picture led to some people getting the Austrian meme boots, but they don't look exactly like this.

The Austrian meme boots are pretty basically though and for the price it's hard to be angry

This picture makes me want a pair of docs a lot

Was thinking about getting the boots from Kommando Store, do they look goofy like clown shoes?

Dont do it to yourself.

>literally every boot in this thread is black
ok

I like mine alot the speed lacing part isnt copper like that but they look pretty great.

>complains but doesn't contribute to the thread
You want different colors then post some.

Left

Looking for some boots like these that are good for casual use. I love the looks, but heavy steel toes meant for work is a bit much. I love the aesthetic of tall black boots.

Bonus points for not made in a sweat shop.

Left

You don't really need that heavy commando sole if you are just walking in these. Also they trap stones which is annoying

Real combat boots don't have steel toes

steap aside, plebs

What do you guys wear with these?

too poor for guidis. do i cop this? thoughts on officine creative

I know that feeling, I want a pair of 998s so badly.

ew

Hey guise I'm currently bidding on a pair of VINTAGE 14-eyelet steel-toe'd Doc Martens 1914s. I own two pairs of Docs, 1460s made in China and 1490s made in Thailand. 1490s fit very snuggly, 1460s are a bit more roomy and have a wider feeling to them. Neverthless, I size UK9 / US10 on Asian Docs, and I've heard that the vintage models of Docs (pre-2003, not the modern vintage-models) all should be sized one up to accommodate for the more rounder toe-cap. How true is this, should I just hunt for a pair of UK10 / US11-sized Docs or keep bidding on the size UK9 / US10-ones? Do older british Docs fit differently when compared to modern Asian Docs and modern Vintage-Docs?

hilarious

I'd rather save up for guidis

literally every "alternative" (gothic, punk, metalhead etc) kid in Eastern Europe has these, IDK why (I had a pair too in high school)

I usually do black pants and dark denim/flannel shirt. Kind of fashwave Americana I guess. I have some milsurp jackets but I think that might make people think you're a schoolshooter or something.

Thinking about picking up a pair, I'll probably go with or modern skinhead with cuffed lighter denim and a patterned button down. Somewhere between "listens to iceage once" and "listens to oi once"

The "ranger"-model is a pretty universal model with the stitching, the toe-cap and the eyelets and whatnot. Usually you can easily get these from different stores and outlets, the price point varies heavily but I've seen the exact same-looking boots too around festivals and gigs aswell, even when they might come from different manufacturers or brands. Probably because they can acquired easily and cheapily, a cheap pair is usually like 40-60€, the more expensive ones last longer and are generally of a higher quality but the cheaper models are easier to find and acquire (you can get them at alternative-stores and not just from ordering online from the manufacturer).

When I was a teen and getting into the scene of punk and metal music around my area (Finland), you could easily see rangers at almost every gig and/or meeting there was. I always wore Docs though, but most punks and metalheads wore ones bought from huge retailers like EMP.de or sites like Stunt-man. A pair of rangers like that were cheap, only around 50€ or 60€ and they were durable and comfortable for what they were, a rougher alternative to sneakers and skate-shoes that more emos and screamo-kids liked to wear.

*not retailers but sites and phone-order-outlets

Hello newfag to Veeky Forums here. I really want to get a pair of boots like OP's but I'm a poorfag plz help

Surplus (meme-boots are like 30€ + shipping) and /or used.

I think Truman Boot Co boots are fucking gorgeous, but I'm having trouble pulling the trigger.

I'm a boot noob so I have no idea if I'm paying ($520+) for quality or if I'm starting to reach meme territory in terms of bang-to-buck ratio.

I will make this harder by also recommending looking at White's Boots and Nick's Boots at that price point. It's been explained to me that White/Nick is more like end level work beater boot while Truman is high quality but more slated towards fashion considerations, above red wing in style and quality as is. I have seen some Truman QC issues on /r/goodyearwelt, which is surprisingly not that autistic for reddit.

I'm in Canada and it seems cheaper to by them on ebay than Kommandostore. KS totals $70 usd shipped

also i fucking hate that speedlacing part.

i have a pair of winter boots that come with the speedlacing part, well it annoys the shit out of me. itjust really slows down the tying process

btw it's cheaper to buy the Austrian meme boots on ebay than from ks

Are the Meme boots Quality? I feel like it'd be difficult to put outfits with it. any inspo or tips?
Are they good for the winter?

They are surplus, so I guess they're full-grain boots. Made to last but require care with oil and if you wan't to make the uppers more resistant, leather balsam. Remember, leather is skin and skin requires moisturisation and upkeep.

>grade 1 austrian memes are out of stock in my size
rip my life, idk if i want to risk grade 2 since i'm just looking for boots not a refurbishment project

>tfw will never own Tornados

Learn to speedlace then thats the point

american western frontier core when?

what are sizing even like on them? do they fit as expected or is there any size down memes i have to do.

PLEASE HELP I ONLY GOT 15 MINUTES AAAAAAAA

One down if you plan on wearing them with thinner socks or just unlined tts if you plan on wearing them with an insole which you should replace immediately.

LMAO AAAAAAAAAAA

That's what I was thinking, I plan on just wearing them with normal casual socks and getting some nice insoles since I assume the ones they come with are pretty uncomfortable.

bickle core

Those are so nice looking to me. w2c?

what are the best brokeboi slim black boots?

anyone know what boots these are?

I found with my pre 2003 pair (1982 I think) that they're actually quite a bit slimmer however that might be because they're not the standard 1460s but either way it doesn't make much difference just get the same size you'd usually get

It fucking hurts bro...

No.

this gives me a boner.

I've heard many times that anything past 300 is just money going toward the brand name.

Thursday Boots look exactly like that and they're half the price. I've also heard they're well made.

What boot care products do you anons use?

these things are very comfy.

Cherry polish
Kiwi parade gloss

should i

Thanks, I'm bidding on another pair though, hope I don't lose the bid. The pair that I was bidding on yesterday was a pair of cherry reds with a yellow band on the top, the winner got the pair for 50€ + 20€ shipping. Jelly.

On my Docs I use leather oil, I let that dry for a day and after that I use shoe polish to get a good shine. With my biker boots I use black saddle-grease.

what are some effay combat boots that are more affordable than ro/demulemeester/balmain? already got a pair of shellys rangers

You shan't