Watch Thread

New Watch Thread!

Question: How does Veeky Forums feel about Vincero brand watches? Pic related.

Eh, not bad.

had some store credit with shnoop, picked up a pulsar on sale. thing looks sweet

The only watch worth considering.

>Vincero
Its a shit brand

W59 is a better deal if not by much.

Reasoning?

Fuck this gay ass thread

>Question: How does Veeky Forums feel about Vincero brand watches? Pic related.
Cheap IWC knocks off.

are these casio watches a meme, or are ylal dead serious?

i mean for around 10 bucks im sure its decent

I was looking into buying a watch first a Braun then a Seiko 5 Military. But as I went further and further down the watch rabbit hole people were getting very hostile about quartz watches, no matter how well made. They said a mechanical or automatic is the only REAL watch, and everything else is garbage.

Then I found that mechanical and automatic are actually inferior when it comes to timekeeping(the primary purpose of a watch) and all these autists care about is the "movement" (still don't know what that means), which to my knowledge has no bearing on the function or appearance of the watch. Are these people crazy or what?

these watches just have a cult following and they are really comfortable, reliable and functional.

I'm happy with mine, maybe gonna cop a silver one next. we'll see. and it's great they are so cheap and you still get a quality wristwatch.

I've seen much worse but totally overpriced which didn't even come in a box.

they act like that because if you're a collector of valuable watches, then they have to be mechanical ones. quartz ones barely count for anything in the watch world if you're into luxury watches. that's all there is to it. there is absolutely nothing wrong with quartz.

people like them because they are so cheap that if you lose them or damage them, it literally doesn't matter. you can just buy another one cheap.

Sup fags,

Festival season is upon us and I'm looking for a Seiko 5 (SNK809) Type watch with 10 atm.

Original strap doesn't matter. I'd like the case to be somewhat decent. I'm planning on putting a nato strap on it to match the strap with what ever the fuck I'm wearing.

Is this fake or real deal?
also, anyone knows the model?

Its your typical chinese shitter watch. They take cheap chinese models make small adjustments, slap a western logo on it, and sell at extremely high marked up prices.

Obviously fake.

thanks

And what's genersl consensus on Montblanc watches?

I'd say it is very high tier but lot of people from here hates them for unknown reasons

The new model looks so shit

I just went through a similar phase. The trick is to not go into the rabbit hole in the first place, because it's full of virgins and dorks. In real life normal people don't care about what watch you, or they, are wearing, or if the watch has an unnecessarily complicated mechanical movement.

I'm probably going to get a f91w or a swatch

Are there any retro looking watches that aren't Timex?

Wrong!

New collectors dismiss quartz but true collectors dont mind quartz as long as they are well made. The grand seiko quartzes spring to mind which regulates according to temperature.

Looks fake but its supposed to be the doctors without borders Tangente from Nomos

I actually thought about Grand Seiko but that's just one brand after all.

What's wrong with Quartz? isn't it more accurate than mechanical?

The thing that's wrong with quartz is that everyone uses the same .5 cent movement as everyone else and barely any innovation happens.

There are exceptions like Grand Seiko and a few others that actually do cool stuff with quartz however.

Yeah. Unfortunately there aren't many of them.

They should hurry up and miniaturize atomic clocks already

Someone here has a Credor watch? What do you think about them?

It already sort of exists supposedly. It was a Kickstarter project so there's about a 99% chance it was bullshit.

>Anybody here own an extremely limited production handmade $50,000 watch
I wish. The Eichi II is a lot nicer looking than the one you posted though, and it's still in production.

>that detail on the second hand
Good goy

My dad gave me his old seiko
Not sure what model. Just swapped out the battery, kept his ancient watchband, not even sure what you'd call this kind.

poorfag here. Just got this.
In the category of the cheapest watches, how Veeky Forums is it?

Looking to get into higher end watches in 2k range so I'm looking at either a TAG F1, or Omega Seamaster or maybe a used Rolex for a bit more. Anyone have opinions? Resell value is not a major point.

Wtf, you are seriously going to wear this? It would be ok if you were 60 years old lady.

Nah probably not, apparently it was in when my dad wore it in the 80s. He gave it to me because he knew i was looking for watch. It was thoughtful of him even though it's not a good look, so I put a battery on it at least.

Anyone like vintage soviet watches?

what mm size strap would look the best on a Timex Weekender? 18mm or 20mm?

WtC?

vostok komandirskie

These are actually really cool

I just bought pic related and I absolutely love it, it's beautiful. It's an older reference, not one of the current ones, and even then it was closer to $4000 so you'll probably need to stretch your budget a bit if you want a Rolex. An Explorer is one of the cheaper models, but stuff like Datejusts or Air-Kings are cheaper. Don't sink so low that you buy a beat up old Datejust missing the bracelet, though.

Some other options I considered were Tudor, Grand Seiko, and Sinn. Omega has some good models and some real shit, it depends what kind of Seamaster you're looking at. TAG is shit don't waste your money on that.

Your price range is high enough that you should worry more about finding something you like first and then worrying about the budget. Don't limit all your searches to watches under $2000 and then find what you really wanted was a $2100 watch you didn't even consider. On the other hand it's all kind of splitting hairs anyway, there's not a whole lot separating a $500 and $2000 and $5000 watch.

There's nothing more beautiful than an skeleton watch

I think so too, cheap, rugged, tons of variations, there's a ton of nice Russian brands, Poljot has some really interesting ones too.

cheap badly made shit

That's an open face watch, not a skeleton.

What is the model (should be on dial, abcd-efgh)

You mean steampunk watch.

>steampunk
That's stupid.
The Master Minute Repeater is not steampunk, Vianney Halter Antiqua is.

Not bad. Solid brand, clean design.

>these watches just have a cult following
no they fucking dont. hipsters are buying them because theyre hipsters

swatch, vostok, they have cult followings. casio has a bunch of idiots buying ugly outdated shit

It is a watch, you spastic fashcunt

>Casio
>ugly outdated shit
Okay then, I hope you're happy with those flashy tuna cans strapped to your wrist. I like my sleek, versatile, compact and efficient timepiece.

Sup Veeky Forums what do you think about my watch collection?
dont mind the invicta, was my first automatic watch.

Is there a guide for these Casio's? I like the Casio A168W-1, but it seems like there's a thousand varieties that are just slightly different.

Very nice collection. Next one should be Omega Speedmaster Professional MAN ON THE FUCKING MOON!
The lug width is 20 mm so the 20 mm strap looks the best.

get rid of the invicta and the skx and get a nice chronograph

>ugly outdated shit

>7 years battery life and accurate as fuck
>has chrono, light, alarm
>slim design that makes it so light that you litterally forget you're wearing it (I sleep with it myself)
>water resistant, went into the sea countless times with it in 4 years
>will endure the hardest shitjobs you'll do with it, construction and demolition being one of them
>can be nice looking with a nato strap on it
>don't give a fuck if you scratch it
>design so simple that people make IED's with them
>litterally cost 10 bucks

fuck outta here with your shit. Meanwhile I've been a cunt enough to blow 150€ on a fossil that is laying in some drawer with a dead battery.

my basic day to day watches. looking to get a high end soon enough.

what you said is just not true. Casio has a big fanbase.

this.
this.

>get rid of an SKX
Why would anyone ever do that? I would say he should throw the Invicta in the trash, get a bracelet for the SKX, and get something dressy.

Tissot Visodate

Retro vintage styled stuff is super popular now, there's way too many to list. Hamilton Intra-matic or Jazzmaster, a bunch of Longines and Omegas, the Seiko Turtle, Tudor Heritage line, several Grand Seikos, Nomos and other Bauhaus watches, Fliegers, tons of microbrands. At least give us a price range or something. What style, dressy or casual or a diver or a chronograph or what?

By retro I meant something related to pic related, something that's a little quirky and simple but not Bauhaus, and I finally found the Mondaine which I almost think the fallout 3 watch is modelled after. The stop2go feature looks pretty neat as well

Thoughts?

looks bad

Anybody know sooner good square face watches? I currently have this one by Casio, but it's starting to fuck up on me. I'm willing to spend a good amount for a timeless piece, as long as it's not $500+. I like the look of square faced watches. What are your thoughts on them?

you could try something like this for a change, I think you could get one for about $100

Search wikipedia for "terrorist watch"

Not that guy, but fucking instacopped.

>a good amount
>not $500+
Watches are expensive things user. The only decent square watch in your budget is the Seiko 5 models

What to do if I have hella bony wrists? Never have gotten into watches before but I'm getting sick and tired of having to keep pulling my phone out of my pocket. Do I just wear it higher on my arm?

Yep, above elbow

>look at analog watch with numbers
>takes ~>1 second to determine time

>look at analog watch with bullets or other substitutions
>takes several seconds to determine time

How do i get better at reading watches?

Huh, I cannot even imagine this, I could understand it if you were bad at reading it at all, but if it issue only when numbers are missing...
Maybe just get watch without numbers and use only that for checking time. You should get better, I dont know there is any other advice. Or set such analogue watch also on your phone and computer.

You'll lose a lot of money if you eer want to sell it. Other than that they make nice things.

This guy gets it. Great watch and post.

Don't love the Invicta, but hey. Maybe get something with a lighter dial and/or a bit dressier next?

Cock is erect. Anything similar looking for around 200$? 250$?

They're instantly recognisable, functional, timeless, affordable and kind of iconic.

For 2k you can't go wrong with a Tudor. Maybe a preowned Seamaster.

Save a little bit and go for a used Speedy or Rolex Datejust 36mn

>Maybe just get watch without numbers
Been doing that for a few weeks now, I struggle, i will buy a cheap watch with numbers or atleast 12,3,6,9 soon

I want a nice watch.

With the field I'm in -- software -- if I strap a Rolex to my wrist I'll look like a tryhard.

Are there any effay smartwatches?

No. Got the Tag Heuer Connected as a gift and I barely wear it.

Switching from chronograph to GMT feature can be nice or read your text / mail can be nice though but definitely not worth the price.

For that money I would have bought a used Rolex datejust or Omega Constellation.

How much do you have to pay for it? Does it have any cool feautures?
Posting my tag too.

learn to read dipshit

Rude. I did read it, but is that all it does?

Price was around 1600 euros, not sure now with the release of the Connected Modular model.

Regarding features, well you have the classical Android Wear apps: text, email, steps, light, etc.

Not sure if it is Tag Heuer Connected specific but there is an "idle" face mode (attached pic) which can trick few people thinking it's a non-connected watch.

Tag is a shitter. You have a tacky gold-plated shitter.

>gold-plated
Only on the bracelet, the rest is solid.

Monaco is not that bad though, so are some old Heuer pieces.

Oh and the buttons.

>same cheap shitty watches every single thread

Show yours.

Post yours then, nerd.

I just broke my daily diver smashing it on the street and I need another one. I have no idea what to get...

007, turtle, orient ray 200/250€ aprox
Please help!

Silver or gold?

No