Will the fedora ever come back in style?

Will the fedora ever come back in style?

>implying it is not
Another streetwear kid?

Skafags can sometimes pull it off. Sometimes.

Well, that's a trilby, but to answer your question, yeah, I think so.

They're big in Pitti Uomo crowd, so I'd say yes, but it's ten times easier to pull off if it's the right weather (fur in cold, straw in hot) and in a suit and tie.

As right now, only asians can pull htis off.

So, perhaps

*tips*

Two reasons people won't go back to fedoras:
*Felt hats seem to trap sweat like a sonofabitch, even when it's cold.
*There's no good places to put them when you take them off and they are awkward to stick into a bag or wherever else.

Every time I see a fedora it's on a small and skinny hunchback white guy who looks like a rat. When will they realize it doesn't look good?

That is the most pure form of dressing for yourself. They are really the only people that can dress for themselves because they do not have any awareness of how they look to other people.

Gent, is a timeless piece, so dapper.
Btw I'm selling some fifth watches(best of the best), if you want 30% discount just dm on Veeky Forums and I'll give you a coupon.

While I think there is some beauty in what you said, I think most of them are trying to achieve le classy gentleman style, which they fail terribly at. It shows that they care about what they wear to some degree but also are oblivious to what they look like in reality so it kinda looks like they "dress for themselves".

>It shows that they care about what they wear

Well dressing for yourself implies that you care, right? If you don't select the clothes based on what you like or what others would like on you: you're just "dressing" or maybe you walk around naked.

The Trilby you picture has no good purpose, and never had one. It was just a token hat for a time when people were almost required to wear a hat whenever outdoors, but wanted it as small and unobtrusive as possible.

A real fedora, on the other hand, has a purpose: sun and rain protection, and a little protection from cold. For 40 years or more, it was the default hat that every American working man threw on whenever he went outside, regardless of how he was dressed. Sorta like how some people treat baseball caps now, but more practical. Yes, it has a past, present, and future.

I remember in the last season of Mad Men, Roger came back into the office and gave a small story

>Some woman on the way here told me to "fuck off, kike" - I think it might be the hat

And it really does say a bit about the change away from hats; it's not so much that the fedora will come back or not, but it's rather that it's no longer formal dress which was its only practical purpose.

So, no. The fedora will be used by
>Kikes
>Older businessmen
>People who destroy the purpose of the hat

And maybe
>Eccentric businessmen

I'd honestly put in the same category as bowties

>Yes, you can try to rock the eccentric businessman look and maybe pull it off
>But it'll still be the exception and not the rule.

>it's no longer formal dress which was its only practical purpose

Brimmed hats are way better for dealing with sun and rain than baseball caps.
The death of the hat was probably the automobile more than it was anything else.

A hat like OP? Nigger, that wouldn't keep the sun out of your eyes.

Naw dude, I mean a proper one. I don't think hats like OP existed until well after they were unpopular.

In fact, I believe they were already well into decline during the 30s-40s.

It's better to look at it as a generational thing.

For instance, hats in formal dress died with the retirement of the greatest generation. So, the hold overs of it were pretty much finished by the mid-late 70's.

For example, you'll also notice the presence of top hats falling out of use by the war; they really weren't practical dress and made cars a bit of a pain in the ass. I think JFK was the last president to wear a top hat to his inauguration.

>Hats like op
It's a hat for the purpose of being a hat.

> calling a fedora "formal"

When did you ever see a fedora worn with tails?

I'm going to say this ONCE, children:

"Formal" means a morning coat (tails), with top hat.

"Informal" means a tux.

"Business attire" means a more ordinary suit.

Anything else is "casual".

>"Formal" means
>"Informal" means
>"Business attire" means
>Anything else is

Hat wearing in general was in decline well into the early 20th century.
There was a news article from the 1910s I found but lost the link that talks about the youth going hatless.

>not wearing a bolero

the definitive mark of the fashion victim

sure thing op

Fedora satus unconfirmed. I mean, look at the whole outfit and ethnicity. This a pachuco costume.
He might dress normally.

>black tie
>informal
Lol

>>/reddit/

I come form the future. The fedora returns in 2019. This board does not realize this until 2021.

Made me kek

You forgot to tip your fedora, m'lord.

It wouldn't look so bad if he got rid of the glasses

this is actually sick

> You forgot to tip your fedora, m'lord.

Homburg on the left, top hat on the right, not a fedora in sight, yet somehow someone thinks this is a relevant remark to make.

It's always in style when Justin's in style