Redpill me on the no shampoo meme. Are there any actual benefits and if so, what are they?

Redpill me on the no shampoo meme. Are there any actual benefits and if so, what are they?

Pic completely unrelated.

Bump

I don't shampoo, but I rinse and condition. I don't think my hair looks any better, but neither does it look worse. And I don't buy shampoo.

Fucking listen to me right now user

I've been doing my hair slicked back for like a 6 months now and the product made it look weird, I was using shampoo every day.

I stopped using shampoo 6 days ago, only taking a regular shower once a day, and my hair has never been better.

I could not recommend dropping shampoo more.

Do you still use product? Do you use conditioner? Does your hair stink at all?

Answer , you faggot.
I hate product with a passion, so the less I have to use the better. You just use straight water? Do you use soap when showering for general skin care, or just water?

Tito, my love

I'm , and I use generic Dial soap. I've used other soaps, body washes, whatever, and I notice no difference re: skin quality. Maybe there's a difference if you only use water.

Sorry guys, I'm not super active.

I use soap on my body and just water in my hair, the hair doesn't start to smell per se but it is different. As long as you keep showering daily you will be fine.

You can basically cease all product usage once you drop shampoo.

Do it.

Also, I'm considering doing conditioner. The smell is not really noticeable either especially if you use cologne.

Tried the "no shampoo" meme. Only rinsing hair with water during shower. It was a nightmare for me. I have oily scalp/hair. Within a few days I had a massive buildup on my scalp. Constant itching. By day 5, open sores happened. Went back to shampoo after that.

it's not a meme just because you're a disgusting, dirty freak. you had "open sores" on your head from not using shampoo for five days? are you fucking retarded? see, this is how bad information is spread:

>"I had sex once and it was AWFUL"
great. it has zero relevance to sex or anyone else or anything in general

You're not supposed to do it like that, retard. You have to keep using a GOOD shampoo for some months while using it always more sparsely. Using oils as well will do the job too. Use them before you take the shower and use the shampoo.

Did you even do any research?
Not everyone is the same. For example I have dermatitis and need to shower and use a shampoo every day. I've started using a very delicate and natural one and I hope with time the need for the daily shower will reduce.

God, everytime I come to this board I find it filled with retards who aren't able to think.

If you look at the deodorant thread you see people saying they use a product because "it smells good".

I'm , I think the lesson we can all learn here is that if you have a bad reaction to a change, stop doing it. There's no need to go ape shit.

No, the lesson is do things the way they're supposed to be done by doing a research and use the free knowledge other people have obtained.

jesus christ you've been using shampoo and conditioner for (probably) the 18 years you've been on this planet and you expected your hair to magically adjust in 5 days? kys m8 no poo is not a meme it's legit.

>Not everyone is the same.

sores do not open up on your head because you didn't shampoo for five days. that is complete and utter bullshit, and even if it was true, would be extraordinarily exceptional. it would mean that there is something seriously wrong with you. unless you're sleeping in garbage and combing your hair with a cancer wand then it shouldn't happen. what is someone supposed to take from that? "i better not go nopoo because my head will start leaking?" jfc

here's a cheat sheet guys: the topic is not using shampoo for a few days. that's something that a normal, logical person would simply test out. think of it as being experiential, that's how a normal human being tries something out. it's not diffusing a fucking bomb, there is nothing technical involved, there is zero risk. but you're right, let's have this thread 10,000 times a year instead

exactly, why the fuck wouldn't you use a conditioner? or, here's a really crazy idea, start off not shampooing for one day instead of five!
listen to this guy, OP

I've been using water only for 2 years and I love my hair more than I ever did before.

Listen if you are going to try out this "meme" you have to choose how you are going to do it.

Option 1: Cold turkey stop of all hair products and just use water. If you use this method you MUST allow at least 2 weeks to let your hair and scalp adjust. If you're not committed it will never work. People aren't all the same so it may take a week or a month.

Option 2: Slowly adjust by decreasing the amount of times you shampoo during the week. This is for people who can't afford to have very greasy hair for a week or two and have to go in slowly. Allow more time and eventually your hair will get to the point of not needing to shampoo at all.

Do a bit of research and you'll see people only started fervently using shampoo in the 1960's. Before that? Wtf did everyone just have gross ass hair?? Ofc not it just wasn't fucking needed. The hair "cleansing" industry just fucks your body into thinking it needs an external measure to keep its oils under control. For most people this is not the case.
Trust your body. It can handle a lot more than you give it credit (or the chance) for.

For a lot of people that don't use shampoo the case turns out to be that you don't need heavy creams and products to control your hair. The natural oils in your hair are finally given the opportunity to free themselves and all of a sudden you have the hair you always wanted to have.

Also most people aren't this redpilled so just keep it to yourself that you are trying this and hopefully start doing this for the rest of your life.

Are you retarded? I'm not the guy with sores, I even responded to him.

Learn to read before responding to me again, imbecile.

>the topic is not using shampoo for a few days
>start off not shampooing for one day instead of five
Idiot.

>Do a bit of research and you'll see people only started fervently using shampoo in the 1960's. Before that? Wtf did everyone just have gross ass hair?? Ofc not it just wasn't fucking needed. The hair "cleansing" industry just fucks your body into thinking it needs an external measure to keep its oils under control. For most people this is not the case.
>Trust your body. It can handle a lot more than you give it credit (or the chance) for.
This.

I have short hair and use bar soap for hair and body. I've had no problems. Human hair was fine before we started running to the corner store for a bottle of shampoo.

>bar soap
The genius.

A bar soap is far more aggressive on the skin oily film than any delicate shampoo could ever be.

Doing the no poo method will yield different results for everyone. Depends on your hair user. You could try CWC (condition wash condition) or you could just use shampoo sparingly. Join the longhaircare forum and ask there. Don't take any advice from the shitheads on this board when it comes to haircare

my god you are defensive and stupid. i guess one goes with the other. just don't offer up your opinion next time because you have absolutely nothing to add to this discussion or any other on Veeky Forums

Haven't used shampoo or conditioner for 4+ years. My hair is in great condition. I get compliments on it from women all the time.

Does it hurt being this stupid?

>Are there any actual benefits and if so, what are they?
it's effortless
you save some money cause you don't have to buy shampoo
t. 10 years of no poo

hey buddy i don't know if you're reading this but i had the same problem, and still do. i'm on nopoo but if i ever exercise or generally get sweaty, then water alone will never clean it out. dandruff, sores, etc by the end of the week. i figured it would go away once the sulfates and silicons washed out over time but nup, still bad months later

i tried ACV rinse and it was nice for the hair but still didn't get the sweat. i've started using cocoscalp (idk if it's available outside of australia) + ACV rinse and uh yeah, it's basically all i wanted

like i have no "day after shampooing" poofy hair, i just have a constantly shimmery, wavy texture and a clear scalp. cheaper too

good luck senpai doki doki desu

>waaahhh mom kids call me a retard

>look up coco scalp
>3 different types of paraffin

Wew lad. Might as well use Pantene.

What the fuck is wrong with the people of this board? Are you all cosmetic illiterate?

you're an absolute moron

Went shampooless more than a few monthes ago. My hairs tend to be curly and wavy, and shampoo only made it real thin and weak. Whenever I'd have too much hairs, I'd end up looking like a mushroom cause of weakened hairs.

Now I only wash them like once or twice a week depending on circumstances and using this on an almost daily basis. Works wonder. Plus they smell noice now.

Castile Oil Soap and cold water. That's all you need.

>alcohol
>paraffin
>ether
etc.

Are you guys doing this on purpose or what?

Hey guys, I'm . Should I start using conditioner? If so, how much and how often?

>conditioner
oil or water based moisturizer.

Do you have a water based moisturizer recommendation?

>Benefits
Stronger worker control of corporations and more equitable pay, relative freedom and a thriving culture

>Flaws
High unemployment compared to rest of Communist world, inability to get rid of nationalism.

Overall I'd say wash your hair, Tito did.

No. I just use lotion.

What? I mean for the hair

I'm a NEET, been one for a long time so believe me when I say this; I tried no poo for like 6 months and although my hair did not stink it just looked like crap and it was dry all the time and felt like shit. Seems to work for alot of people but for me I had to go back to shampoo.

In my own experience

>shower with shampoo
>then go one day without washing hair
>third day wash hair with water
>continue washing hair with just water until hair is probably dirty
>shampoo and repeat

I only shampoo my hair once or twice a week. There's no smell, no greasy look and it's got great volume and practically styles itself.

I haven't washed or conditioned my hair for about a year (although they wash it when I get my hair cut every 3 months or so).

If anything the biggest benefit to me is that my hair looks the same every day (I have curly hair so the amount of oil in it really makes a difference). When I used to wash it it would be dry/frizzy for the first day or two, then good looking for a day or two, then it would start looking greasy and I'd get dandruff. Now it just looks good every day. I still get dandruff but as long as I rinse my hair out every day it's not noticeable and doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it.

As far as the smell goes, it doesn't smell great but it doesn't smell disgusting either. If I rub my fingers on my scalp and smell them it smells a little oily, but in a way I would consider normal for hair. I've asked my gf to smell it and she says it doesn't really smell like anything, and no one else has ever commented on it smelling bad so I'd say it's fine.

depends on your hair, I did a baking soda and vinegar thing when I had shorter hair but with long hair it's a hassle

currently wash my hair with sulfate/other meme free shampoo once every three days and condition and it's lovely

>sores do not open up on your head because you didn't shampoo for five days. that is complete and utter bullshit, and even if it was true, would be extraordinarily exceptional.

I had this happen
I feel "sores" might be putting it a touch strongly, more like scabby type things (like what you get from a sunburn kind of?) but this definitely can happen

B A S E D
A
S
E
D