>Vineyard Vines
>Ralph Lauren
>Brooke brothers
>J crew
>Lacoste
>Southern tide
>Black dog
>J press

if you're on Veeky Forums you are not prep.

Literally everything in this thread is a fucking repost

Not only are those reposts, but those pictures suck ass too.
Shitty fucking neo prep gq shit.
And that brands list jfc. Literally kill yourself now OP.

stop posting your pictures

R8 this sweater I got

Prep is cool but your inspo sucks man.

>getting knitwear from mall brands instead of smaller scottish knitwear brands
literally why

Nice, cableknit always looks sick

>S

Polo is fine brah, but I wouldn't have bought that.

How am I doing prep?

I don't like the colors, change pants or sweater

What colour scheme do you suggest?

What are some "louder" pieces I can wear during the summer or when its hot out?

Prep is mostly warm. I feel bored with the same collared shirt and shorts combo

fucking cringe, when will you fags learn what actual prep is

this is me btw

shit
i like : )
good

pretty nice
Any advice. This is me

I have that same sweater. At the time I bought it, I wasn't a fan of crew-neck sweaters. Now my taste has flipped and I don't feel like buying crew-necks to replace all my sweaters.
I'm not personally a fan of the dark pants.

Wearing pants/shorts that have belt loops and not wearing a belt is a heinous offense, and that's fact.
My opinion, though, is that brown/tan loafers would look better with that outfit.

work out

Many of those pictures are prep. Fits might be a bit slimmer than is traditional, but that's fine.

He's right. Sports are an essential part of the preppy lifestyle.

Few of those pictures are prep. They are manicured, trend current, and brand forward. Prep should be comfortable and rely on staples. A worn look is important to prep attire as those with the right upbringing know to avoid ostentatious displays of wealth. You've posted business casual attire in short.

>it:

Fucking north koreans. They better get those hwasongs reach america quickly

No love for Bonobos?

Fuck my dude you look terrible in even the most basic mens clothing. Give up

Can you post some bizcaz vs prep images?

Not criticizing, I just want to get an idea

You should look at the book called Take Ivy. It has many wonderful pictures of prep/trad done well.

I didn't post any of those picture faggot.

Also,

>PRL
>brand forward

Just because something is slim fitting, doesn't mean it isn't comfortable.

You know...

>conspicuous logo on pretty much every piece of clothing they sell
>not brand forward

There is slim and there is skin tight polos and shirts. The latter is neither comfortable nor good looking.

You mistyped "name my band /b/"

Have many of the same. It's nice.

First guy in the front has a lacoste logo on his shirt.

Nice try fag

And your point is?

just wow. im in a state of shock right now. you left out one of the quintessential prep brands from your list, Gant Rugger. seriously, jfk wore it, paul newman wore it, its up there with brooks brothers in terms of prep tradition and history. im literally speechless that you overlooked this brand.

but some preppys are maladjusted sodomites. just because they flaunt a wholesome yuppy asshole persona, doesn't mean they're actualy wholesome in any way, shape or form. ted bundy was an über-preppy, for instance

rucksack or holdall recomendations?
something collegiate.

is it true that prep only works if you're black or white?

bet you can't find a brown person looking good in prep

these are literally cringe threads

Went to their website. It's been blacked.

Not prep anymore.

>muh Yeezy's
>People will like me if I dress like Yeezus right?
>Just need to buy all black clothing and keep sitting around in my mum's basement

I dont dress streetwear. The cringe is just pretending you are someone you are not, pretending to be of a certain background

I've only seen one Mexican look good in prep, but it was more of a worn/aged prep, he looked like an English major who dropped out of an ivy league school to delve into alcoholism while trying to write a novel, had long hair too, always loosely tied back. (In reality he was a dirt poor ex heroin addict musician who played for a bunch of local ska bands)

Indians don't look good in anything.
Mexicans don't look good in prep, it perpetually looks like they're wearing a costume or are autistic.

What is /prep/'s opinion on Allen Edmonds?

I'm looking at this pair on Grailed

>no belt
You should pick up something comfy and preppy. Leather belt if you're thinking a professional prep or a fun fabric belt in a navy to key off the blue in the shirt.
>Pink polo
Probably not the strongest color for you, try a nice blue IMHO You kinda fade into that shade of pink and look like you just have sunburned skin at a distance
>Hair
You need some definition, you look like a bad Marco Rubio knock off.

Nice comfy shoes though. Not the best for the outfit but I'm a sucker for comfy AF shoes.

>Sweater
Sleeves look a little long and the shoulders are too large for you on that sweater.
>Shirt
Is that a TH shirt under there? It looks more stiff then a normal one and doesn't match the aesthetic of the look; you should aim for a more comfy shirt that matches the softness of the current prep theme rather then the sharpness of a business theme.
>Color
It washes you out and the entirely grey outfit seems pretty boring. Toss a belt on with some color and choose a better combination.

Also unless you're working at a gay bar you might wanna do up that fly. Clean your room too. Get some posters or something to toss on the walls so it seems less like a jail cell and more like a home.

Didn't know Anders Brevik did modeling?

>mfw seeing people who aren't part of a very small, specific subculture in the northeast wearing this

Im looking at you, flyover state kids trying desperately to create a personality

you're retarded

I think it could be entirely possible to find good brown prep. Possibly when India was a British colony early forms of what would evolve to become a prep style could be found. Not the distinct brands or prices you'll find primarily in the evolved American prep. But there must surely be a good cross over of cuts and fits that could be interpreted as preppy.

Pieces*

I went to prep school

Prep is all over the country brah. Obviously has a very rich tradition in the South as well.

Prep schools are in every state. Prep clothes is timeless.

not since they moved their HQ to Sweden

You actually have a good point, if you looked hard enough, you could probably find some stuff quick Google search produces pic related

none

>tfw went to expensive private school my entire life

Prep is literally ingrained in me. It's not even the clothes, it's a mindset. Otherwise, you won't be prep. You'll just be a guy wearing nice clothes.

No wonder they have been blacked

kek

The mindset of
>fuck every single thing i do or say will be used against me in college admissions
>fuck i need to suck this teachers dick for a great recommendation
>fuck i boned my roommates girlfriend and then he found out
>he didnt even break up with her
>fuck if i dont go ivy im going dead.
>fuck i got a B+ in a class no school will take me now, princeton is a trade school
>fuck since im black im approached by students for drugs almost daily (not me but i saw my friend)
>fuck if i fall asleep literally right now ill get 5.486 hours of sleep.
>fuck i cant fall asleep.

I went to prep boarding school for 3 years, repeating my sophomore year.

To all you fucks, thats relatively normal to do if youre transferring in from public school, I still kept credits too.

cringe thread

Post a picture of what you think looks good and I will tell you why you are a failure at life.

I didn't mean to imply that you posted those pictures. I want to emphasize, however; this is not prep. It lacks the lived-in and worn quality that prep needs. Prep should reflect bearing and prep bearing prohibits gross displays of wealth. Trimmer clothes look better to my eye than baggy clothing does. Still, there are many brands, both expensive and cheap, that look good without crassly marketing themselves.

>tfw black and from Connecticut

Not about that prep lifestyle but I incorporate certain preppy pieces into my wardrobe

for example, comfy fitting corduroy pants.

Don't forget that you need a watch, I suggest:

Rolex (vintage or new)
Patek Philippe

But it should be understated

cringe thread

seconded.

prep is cancer

jesus christ

no

>Buttons bottoned on 2 button polo
>Sandals
>That specific type of Sandal
>With Socks on

Dude, having a fucking little logo isn't against prep at all.

Brooks Brother is quintessential prep and they fucking put that shit on their shirts.

Lacoste is quintessential prep and it wouldn't be without the fucking crocodile.

My whole closet is /prep/ basked in the employee discounts of BB and J.Crew while worked during my college years, still have contacts at BB who hook me up with that sweet 60% off anything.

The one on the right is better

The cheapest BB shirts ($92) tend to have the logo on the sport shirts, go anything above entry level and they won't have the logo on them.

>friendzoned/10

h8 r8 masturb8

Why are all preps manlets? Jesus christ

nice skin tight pants faggot

Why do these faggy threads have a lot of people replying

Also

> vinyard vines
> southern tide

STop this fucking high school prep bullshit.

Vineyard Vines has some good ties and belts.

>prep
>buying mass-market, mass-produced Made in China™ clothes that LOOK prep

pick one

But their shirts are fucking stupid and worn by every upper middle class white kid

Who gives a fuck you faggot?

Prep ISN'T about the brand, it's about the look and the fit. If it's a good brand, like lacoste, then a little alligator is fine. But for the most part, people shouldn't be able to tell where you bought your clothes

>Prep ISN'T about the brand, it's about the look and the fit. If it's a good brand, like lacoste, then a little alligator is fine.
>But for the most part, people shouldn't be able to tell where you bought your clothes

please, please stop, I'm going to crack a rib laughing

stop posting

>alligator
It's a crocodile.

I said ties and belts faggot, can't you read?

>I said ties and belts faggot
ties and belts are excluded from mass-marketing and selling an image