Dear Veeky Forums

Dear Veeky Forums

I've just inherited a vast sum of money. I'm in the market for a watch. I'm thinking of purchasing this watch.

watches-of-switzerland.co.uk/Vacheron-Constantin-Patrimony/p/17510019/

Opinions?

Other urls found in this thread:

vacheron-constantin.com/en/watches/traditionnelle/traditionnelle-43076-000p-9875.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just get a Casio.

>inheriting loads of money
>immediately spending it on expensive shit you don't need
>not buying things that actually hold value

Cheaper watch that kinda looks similar that I bought.

>Hey fa
>my parents just died and i got their money
>looking for something to spend their cash on
>i was thinking about this watch thats really expensive
>i only care for the aesthetic and monetary value

Just buy something else you fucking tard. Citizien or Seiko will have what you need.

>Armani
haahah

Buying a timepiece of prestige actually holds it value and increases.

Watches are an incredibly good investment if you buy from brands other than shitcore Rolex, thinking vach, patek, ap, paneri.

cont. the watch looks great is definitely an understated piece, I would personally go for black and silver just because it's easier to match.

Great taste, healthy 9/10 watch.

Also the experience of buying an expensive watch is definitely not one that is easly forgotten

Nope even holy Trinity watches lose value over time

haha.

>not a snoopy speedmaster
pathetic.

At least buy a vintage one, if you care at all about it holding value don't buy new.

Good choice, special edition speedys are a pretty solid investment. Considering trading my regular one and buying the Tintin watch.

>tfw will never inherit a vast sum of money

VC is a god tier brand that retains its value. PP, VC, JLC and AP are the only luxury brands worth investing in, but I wouldn't expect someone on Veeky Forums to understand that.

>special edition speedys are a pretty solid investment
this is a joke right?

this is the most retarded thing i have ever heard. special edition speedmasters are shit investments and usually only trade at a slight premium to regular speedys. not worth the money

>inheriting a ton of money
>only getting a 5 figure watch
Get a Patek Minute Repeater instead.

This.
A Minute Repeater is one of those subtle options that says you have wealth and class.

I recommend this or a Jaquet Droz 'Grande Seconde Moon.'

>inherit a vast sum of money
>buy an overrated watch and a Veeky Forums pass

Just as I'd imagine any other autist from this site to do

>Watches are an incredibly good investment if you buy from brands other than shitcore Rolex, thinking vach, patek, ap, paneri.
t. moron who doesn't know anything about watches :D

Rolex holds its value very well. A used steel Daytona costs more used than new. No brand retains its value as well as Rolex except Patek.

>VC is a god tier brand that retains its value. PP, VC, JLC and AP are the only luxury brands worth investing in, but I wouldn't expect someone on Veeky Forums to understand that.
Nope, you're going to lose money if you buy a new VC, JLC, or AP. AP Royal Oak and ROO retain their value pretty well but still not as well as Rolex and PP and the servicing cost are very high.

Stop posting.

You should get a Vacheron Constantin Traditionelle
vacheron-constantin.com/en/watches/traditionnelle/traditionnelle-43076-000p-9875.html
Has better looking watch hands imo

>Spending $40,000 on a watch that looks like it's $20
What the fuck is wrong with you?
It doesn't even have a metal band.
If you want to spend a lot of money buy a goddamn Rolex.
Pic related

Nobody has ever heard of your hipster luxury brands.
Nobody will be impressed, they'll assume it's just $50 watch because it looks like one.
The leather will wear out in 2 years and you'll be fucked.
There is literally no reason to buy an expensive watch that doesn't have good brand recognition

>doesn't know anything about watches but still want to shitpost the posts

All I know is nobody will recognize your wanker brand and they'll just assume it's an everyman watch.
If what you want is to spend 1000x the price for a Seiko for no reason other than it keeps slightly better time you just may be retarded.
It's made of god damn gold.
You're paying $40,000 for fucking gold.
It's not even platinum.

get something at a lower range ~2-5k so you can cop a second one when you feel like it.

I recommended a platinum one, tbqh, I'm . If you can find a cheap version of that with as clean a watch face and as nice watch hands I'll give it to ya. I've yet to find one. But your argument is pretty shitty desu, you could argue that for anything and arrive at the conclusion of money isn't that useful.

Do you have other luxury watches? Do you wear a suit to work everyday? Don't get a 20k VC dress watch as your everyday watch or first decent watch. They are delicate pieces. Your first luxury watch and everyday watch should be a sport Rolex because they are versatile, almost indestructible, and hold their value well.

In other hand everybody and his dog has a Rolex.

"Is it real, user?" question will come up if he does not have the matching lifestyle.

VC is a great brand but at this price range I would go with Patek. The second hand market is not as soft as VC, might be helpful if you burn all your inheritance cash.

Kek I didn't notice the pass
OP, what else have you been spending your money on?

Is this daily reminder to me that all I will ever inherit will be valued less than 2000 dollars in total? Thanks

Get the satisfaction to earn good money yourself

>not buying a vintage Omega
>not inheriting a vintage Omega

Fucking nouveau riche scum

Yes. VC has incredible pedigree, is horologically fabulous, and makes gorgeously tasteful pieces.

Not even commenting on the accuracy of your claim about watches as an investment, lumping VC, Patek, and AP in with fucking Panerai is ridiculous.

>hipster luxury brands
>no one will be impressed

Not like anyone's passionate about horology, and enjoys collecting and owning watches for personal gratification, right?

Omega only recently became a "luxury or semi luxury brand"

It used to be a cheap Swiss watch like tissot

Then they raised prices like 1000% in the 90's

Same for other brands like Rolex.
The first submariner used to cost around one USD grand (inflation taken in account)

>A used steel Daytona costs more used than new

Rolex is creating a "premium" effect with long waiting list.

If you're gonna spend that much money on a watch and don't already have a vast collection of expensive watches I would recommend getting something with a little more character. It's a nice watch and all, but in the end your getting something that will be confused for a DW by people who has absolutely no knowledge about watches.

Yes, Omega has recently been trying to move upmarket mainly by just charging more money and not actually making their watches any higher quality. It was never cheap like Tissot, though. Tissot and Omega have been in a partnership since long before Swatch where Tissot was always the cheaper brand.

Who gives a shit what poor and stupid people think about your watch?

Meant
>a steel Daytona costs more used than new
That's because it has a two-year wait list.