Are suspenders Veeky Forums?

are suspenders Veeky Forums?

unless your name is Jimmy Darmody and you live in the 1920s then no its fedora tier in real life.

They can work but just don't wear a bow tie with it

they're much more comfortable than belts at keeping your pant's up

piss off

I wore this the other night, gf loved it and I got a few compliments

>blue shirt
>white suspenders
>black bow tie
Nigger, what the fuck are you doing?

Suspenders are underwear, not supposed to be seen

>matching suspenders with tie color
>ishygddt

I don't think that's the problem here.

Did you wear it to prom desu?

Nah bro, just night out

Put yo suggestions in and I'll think about them

I was uninvited to a wedding because I told the groom he shouldn't wear suspenders and a belt at the same time.

shirts were once considered underwear, reason why waistcoats and vests were worn.

welcome to the future buddy

>black bow tie
>navy shirt
that is worse imo than those garish white braces. also learn how to roll up your sleeves

>thinking that's navy
You are a literal nigger

I disagree. Suspenders keep your pants up and hold tight only at three or four points, whereas a belt holds you uniformly all around your torso; like your pants are giving you a hug.

Not the other guy but I have some suggestions.
1. More discrete colour on the suspenders, they are underwear, should not attract too much attention. White suspenders are to be paired with a white shirt, as in a smoking/tuxedo.
2. Since suspenders are underwear they should be covered in some way. If a blazer or suit jacket would be to formal, put on a cardigan. If you insist on wearing nothing above the shirt, use a bealt in stead of suspenders.
3. Black bow-tie is only to be use with a smoking/tuxedo.
4. The shirt is okay, but should be worn with something else.

In sum, the combination of a dark blue shirt with those suspenders and that bow-tie makes no sense. You seem to be wearing black suiit trousers as well, so I guess the people you were with were dressing rather formally so a jacket should be fine.

Yes, they can definitely be /effay/. The dilemma is more of one of whether or not they actually look good for what you're doing.

For instance, I don't really like what the guy on the right is doing; the thinner the suspender, typically the less practical the suspender is. Combining something that looks "rugged" with really impractical suspenders looks shitty.

For instance, I would recommend not doing this.

Clasp suspenders are eh. There really isn't a reason I would recommend them over button unless you simply lack suspender buttons on your pants.

With this in mind, you should make an effort to coordinate the fabric of your suspenders to your pants, and the leather to your shoes. For example, I would wear black suspenders with grey or black dress pants and black shoes. Olive for khaki/navy, navy for navy or grey, etc.

I also wouldn't recommend simply wearing them by themselves, so under a sweater/jacket, or if you have one on a hook. Keep in mind, you can also look like a cop, detective, or engineer from the 30's.

>Bowties and suspenders
You can, but make sure the occasion is actually requiring a tie and the bowtie is actually somewhat proper.

>Shirts and suspenders
Contrast is typically better. Avoid matching suspenders with shirts e.g., don't wear a dark black pair of suspenders with a black shirt, or white suspenders with white shirts.

you were so right. god bless you

can women wear suspenders and be Veeky Forums

Women can wear the most stupidest shit and get away with it.

To men? Yeah.

To women? No, but women hate women.

I sometimes wear my Levi's with black suspenders, with a red-black-flannel underneath, and some black boots. People either ask me to chuck their wood or if I run a home-brewery. That's all about it-

i thought i looked like an ugly potato sack in a suit.
thank you for making me like myself a bit more user

go back to mfa

that leather one is fucking abhorrent cringe

'the fuck? Was this a gay wedding?

Is this bait?

Hopeless fucks this guy and you ruined suspenders
Wear them properly or not at all, if they don't match your aesthetic or casual wear then don't fucking wear them for fucks sake

post suspenders inspo

i want suspenders so bad