Thoughts on canada goose? Is it worth it? Does it look good? Etc

Thoughts on canada goose? Is it worth it? Does it look good? Etc

Ngl I love the brand i'm thinking of getting the faber bomber

What kind of temperatures are we talking about?

you mean where i'm at or what they can withstand?

How cold does it get where you live?

I didn't pay retail for my parka but I can vouch for the quality. It is kind of a meme in terms of college especially in the northeast. but you'll stay really comfortable/warm during the colder months of the year. If you live in a climate where the lowest it gets for the year is above 30 F then it's not worth the investment.

I'm in england so maybe around 5 degrees but i'm mostly getting it to have a coat that lasts a lifetime but that's also why i'm only getting the faber and not a parka

Ooh which parka? And when did you buy it?

The Chateau Parka. I've had it for about a year and it kept me warm during the winters in NY. I'm starting college in PA this fall where the winters are colder but I'd imagine it holds up there as well.

Lemme tell you I live where you will never see Canada Goose in your life. So maybe I'm not qualified to speak on it.
But the way I figure it CG is known for stuff you wear in really severe cold, even though they make stuff for comparatively warm climates.
So I'd feel a bit silly wearing it in 5 degrees.

Nice,mind if I ask how much for? And is it worth it in times of price? The lifetime warranty on the coats is a nice add as well desu

Yeah I get where you're coming from and that's the way I figured it too tbqh, but in terms of the quality (plus i'd love to start travelling) it makes sense in the long run to pick one up instead of buying a jacket for like 100 pound then having to buy a new one six months later

I bought mine for $500 off of grailed and I think it's worth the price but it really depends on where you're going to wear it. Last winter it was single digits (F) for a couple of days and it hang around

Are you a femanon?

Yeah i've been in consideration for about eight or so months now in terms of buying one and the one im looking to get is pretty much perfect for where I am so i'll probably end up getting it desu

Also fucking hell you got that for a steal lmao

Straight male here, why do you ask?

It's a factor to consider.
Is wearing Barbour uncool? You could cop 50 year old Barbour coat that'll probably last another 50 years or you could cop a new one.

I'll look at some of them now, thanks for tellling me about them

One brand to check out both new and used. (I've seen it come up on Brit eBay quite a lot) is Swanndri.
What they mostly make is waterproofed wool clothing. Some of it is too old school, some of it you wouldn't want to wear outside of camping, some of it is all right.
It's quite reasonably priced for 100% wool and ought to be good around five degrees.

I own a Chilliwack bomber I bought in 2014 and the quality is a bit disappointing. The zipper gets stuck very often, there are tiny holes between the wrist cuffs and the water repellent material on the arms, and the cuffs themselves are pilling. I bought it from an authorized retailer as well.
The jacket itself is very warm, though.

I only see CG on two types of people. Fobs who want to look "better" than other fobs, and literal arctic explorers (or anyone who works outdoors near the north/south pole).

I'm from minnesota and a CG jacket is pretty necessary there. But if it doesn't get below -5 you're never gonna use it desu.

-5celsius or -5freedom?

no

I'm probably going to short their stock in a couple years. I don't see them being a long-lasting thing. Any company who can trace is major success to a drake music video is questionable, to say the least.

C my man, but those are even the lighter jakets that they have. -5 freedom is the standard for them lol.

Sorry for late reply to all but here goes;

Had a look through some and they're deff not my style, especially with the price lol but thanks for recc

Can't you get it repaired though or swapped if you bought from an auth retailer or is that just some shit they say to get more sales? Any other things wrong with it? Do pros outweigh the cons in your opinion?

You got a point there lmfao

Would you recommend a britfag getting it? I travel to belfast from london a lot and back and want to go travelling (different countrys, taking boat tours etc)

Pretty sure you're thinking of stone island but could be wrong, its a shame how they went from being a classy brand to chavs wearing it in just a couple of years desu

No idea why it says desu at the end there lmfao I wrote "desu"

Ok now I know why i'm a retard ignore this lmao

>Can't you get it repaired though or swapped if you bought from an auth retailer
Probably. I don't really have the time to look into it, and I bought it almost four years ago anyway, so I don't know if they'd even accept to repair it.
It's not like the jacket is fucked, it's just minor stuff.
>Any other things wrong with it
Oh yeah, the velcro on the pockets is utter shit.
>Do pros outweigh the cons
I don't know, depends on how much money you consider to be a big investment. The Chilliwack is the cheapest heavy jacket from CG and I got it with 15% off. I hardly ever wear it but I'd say that if you need a really warm jacket, then it's a good option.
However, you should get one of their high-end models. The fit on the Chilliwack bomber isn't great, it looks too puffy. Their mid-length parkas seem nice.

It says on the website that from an auth retailer it should be able to be replaced for free or repaired for cheap for life p much, might wanna look into it if you ever wanna get it repaired

Also would you recommend spending £350 on this or saving up and buying a parka?

Yeah, I might look into it then.

>350 on this
Fuck no. If you want a bomber, get it from a brand that actually makes good bombers and isn't specialized in extreme weather clothing.
If you want a coat to keep you warm, save up and get a Chateau/Citadel/whatever slim fitting parka they make nowadays.

Didn't Canada Goose started out for researchers who worked in Antarctica and northern Canada? How they got associated with fashion?

If you live in the UK, you will absolutely look like a wealthy foreign uni student.
If you want to spend that sort of money on a jacket, find something a bit more interesting

they won't last a lifetime. more like 5 years unless you never wear it.

t. norwegian

Every normie in Toronto wears this shit. You're 5 years too late.

Drake is a faggot

M O N C L E R
O N C L E R M
N C L E R M O
C L E R M O N
L E R M O N C
E R M O N C L
R M O N C L E

they're warm, high quality, and look decent

but they're basic as fuck. like, uggs+sweats level basic
(i'm canadian. they're probably more of a novelty elsewhere)

Moncler's awful lol

In addition to some celebrities getting it hyped, Canada Goose took off with normies because it was expensive (but still realistically obtainable for normal middle class people) but also had immediately recognizable branding

Normies don't like buying expensive things unless other normies know they're expensive

Your head is awful you dumb fuck

Moncler > all

Okay i'll bite, what actually makes you think Moncler is good? The design looks generic as fuck and most of their coats look awful and are overpriced to shit

brokeboi detected

I can't tell if you're baiting or if you're an actual retard

>"Waaaaahhh I can't afford Moncler so it's shit waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

God I hate brokebois like you so much. Stick to your meme tier cheap winter brands

Moncler for staying warm? What meme shit is this?

Same way as fucking north face and patagonia. Id like to also point out goose use to be for rich people who like quality, now we have retards wearing fakes and the list goes on.

blame Toronto

Worth every penny.

are you climbing the fucking himalayas? no. you live in sheffield.
i live in chicago and philadelphia and in both those climates i am fine without one. take advantage of your climate and wear a light jacket

What about Parajumpers?