Post the gaudiest and tackiest watches you can think of

Post the gaudiest and tackiest watches you can think of.

Useless functions and unnecessary complicated designs are appreciated. We're looking for real expensive pieces of shit nouveau riche people like to buy.

Pic related is the Hublot LaFerrari watch. It sells for over $300k. I honestly have no fucking idea how you can read time on this ridiculous overdesigned crap.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3rgnN3uAJFQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Richard Mille is a strong competitor in the overdesigned watches genre.

If you enjoy platinium skulls or diamonds ornamented movements, then you might want to look for a Richard Mille watch.

By the way, Richard Mille is releasing a pen.
It has a movement in it for whatever the fuck reason.

$100k

It's redesigned, yes, but tacky and and gaudy are subjective. Just because a watch doesn't follow your love of minimalism doesn't mean it's terrible. As far as fashion as art goes, these absolutely fit the bill (even if you don't like it).
I actually like the floral and leaf art incorporated into the face of this, though I'm not a massive fan of the diamonds. I'd probably purchase something like this if it didn't have diamonds.
>It has a movement in it for whatever the fuck reason.
Why not?

I don't know if I hate ultra high-end tackiness or poorly made Chinese tackiness more. Is Richard Mille automatically more disgusting than MVMT just because the watch costs thousands of times more?

>Why not?
$100k?

it is terrible though, there is nothing they can do to make it worth ~300k + and the design is terrible from both a utilitarian perspective as well as a design perspective, it gives you no extra information whilst not displaying the basic information with clarity either, there's tons of wasted space (note the difference between wasted space and empty space) and on top of all that it's completely out of place on a wrist.

i'm all for ending the elitism that comes with watches for no fucking reason, buy what you like etc.

but if you like ugly tacky shit, just accept that you have no taste and wear it proudly instead of arguing that they're not terrible.

YO DAWG WE HEARD YOU LIKED WATCHES SO WE PUT A WATCH IN YOUR PEN'S WATCH AND A WATCH IN YOUR CLOCK

And? For some folks why not?
>it is terrible though,
This is a subjective opinion
>there is nothing they can do to make it worth ~300k + and the design is terrible
Justifying value to art is pointless and that's another subjective opinion
>from both a utilitarian perspective as well as a design perspective, it gives you no extra information whilst not displaying the basic information with clarity either,
It's a different layout, it does display a bit more information, it states how long its battery life has remaining.
>there's tons of wasted space (note the difference between wasted space and empty space) and on top of all that it's completely out of place on a wrist.
That's because the space is taken up by the barrels that they display rather than hide. I understand the difference between wasted space and empty space. But it isn't really either, it's open face displays the parts that allow it to have a world record and the fact that its the most complex watch that company has made.
>i'm all for ending the elitism that comes with watches for no fucking reason, buy what you like etc.
>but if you like ugly tacky shit, just accept that you have no taste and wear it proudly instead of arguing that they're not terrible.
I should have clarified, just because something doesn't follow someone's subjective taste doesn't mean it can be assigned objective assertions regarding quality or beauty.

>a watch is a fucking piece of art
fuckin kek, now I've really heard it all

back to /b/ little one, you aren't worth arguing with

B8 post. Fashion is art

go look up the difference between art and design then come back when you have a bit of a clue about the subject alright buddy

I've been collecting watches for 9 years, If you can look inside a complicated movement such as limited PP or VC pieces and not see art, then I can not help you

too bad 9 years of watch collecting can't teach you that a watch isn't art because it fulfills an external purpose outside of challenging the responders views and opinions, and as such can't merely exist as a form of self expression on its own
i think you are confusing beauty with art my friend

A le up vote for you, my good sir! You are a gentleman and a scholar. Can I repost this me-me on R slash advice animals????

Montegrappa anything. The best part are the celebrity endorsed pens. Make me laugh every time.
>6k

the internals are fucking awesome. Put them in a glossy medal case and it's straight out of bladerunner

I remember seeing a watch like that and thinking
>lol, there's no fucking way I'd pay $3450 for that
>wait, misread, it's $345,000

Lumir watches, so fucking cheap and cancerous

Bump. You my friend have a brain.

JLC Gyrotourbillon.
Any watch with minute repeater.

this makes my brain hurt

my favorite watch i own is a unisex michael kors. not for what its worth but for what it means to me. it was my sisters before she passed away.

do people really think buying an expensive watch makes them cooler? lol

What the fuck are those atrocities ITT holy shit.

Do people even buy these?

youtube.com/watch?v=3rgnN3uAJFQ

I'd unironically buy one if if i had the few hundred K

RICHARD MILLE'S A CLASSIC
SAPPHIRES NOT PLASTIC

What's with all the shit taste in this thread?

classic

Surprisingly humble considering the amount of rocks on that thing.

Neat pen.

These are some horrid shitters though.

Absolutely beautiful.

All hublots are shit, but my opinion means nothing because i watch formula one. Heuers only

I kinda fuck with this? Would wear around with a polo bath robe and a 357

The 357 better be equally blinged out.

>Why not?
Explain why you would need a fucking mechanical movement in a pen.

Pairs flawlessly with all models of black mannequin Assassins' Creed hoodies, brought to you by Touch of Modern :^)

Tag Heuer is a shitter brand. Vintage Heuers are fine.

Honestly this is the least worst thing in the thread so far

>What's with all the shit taste in this thread?
because it's a thread where you post shitty things?

anything rolex

>art
yeah an overpriced manufactured product created to let materialistic new money retards "flex on inferiors" totally qualifies as art

>it states how long its battery life has remaining
> the barrels that they display rather than hide

this proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that this individual is completley clueless when it comes to watches

t. I don't know anything about watches

Not respecting Rolex is how you spot a clueless poorfag pleb.

>manufactured product
Ultra high end watches are not mass produced, you should know this

this proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that this individual is "completley" clueless when it comes to watches

>compas

bavi