Alright you dumb fucks, I have 5k€ to throw at a leather winter jacket

Alright you dumb fucks, I have 5k€ to throw at a leather winter jacket.
Which one should I pick?

Left is Berluti (5200€), right is Loewe (3500€).

Other urls found in this thread:

eastmanleather.com/ostmann-wwii-german-flying-jacket-black-horsehide-p-154.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Figure it out yourself dumb fuck

Go suck a dick.

wtf why so expensive they look like shit as well just get a normal jacket for like 100 dollars

why are you spending so much money on jackets FYI if you are ugly it wont matter how much you spend on shit your still ugly

please go back to /pol/ or /v/ or /r9k/ or whatever cesspool you came from

Why is it that the stupidest motherfuckers are so often the one's with all the money?

t. "enlightened" cuck
it's just clothes FAGGOT

why not black leather?

agreed post face or no help

just get rick exploder jacket.

>leather
>winter
you're either dumb or have no idea what a winter is
i assume both

>people making fun of me for being a bougie child with no taste are from pol

Retarded and probably has never worn a jacket from real leather.
Left one looks amazing. Loewe is a very good brand but I don't like that particular design. Nothing special about it.

Not everything has to be black.

Point of severely diminishing returns for leather jackets is probably around 1000€ unless we're talking exotic leathers.
Those jackets in the picture also look very plain. So what you'd effectively be doing is paying a lot of money for something that people will assume is a very cheap jacket.
With that same amount of money you could buy multiple coats that would be good and also would look impressive.

word

ITT: how to look like an overdressed tool
spend your parents' money elsewhere op
buy drugs or something

They both look like utter shit.

dont spend so much money on a fucking jacket unless you're pretty rich

Jesus dude. I know the jackets are nice but do you really want to spend FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS on a jacket? You can buy a car or a handful of computers with that cash. Buy a fuckin plane ticket and travel the world for a couple months. You can pick up a similar looking jacket for like 60 quid. Yeah real leather is nice but what will you do if you rip or or some other shit happens to it?

Unless 5000 is literally pocket change for you and you could care less about blowing it on dumb shit then go ahead and buy one. You'll probably look like a tool in one though...

just bee yourself dude

lol throwing down 5k on a Loewe flight jacket is pretty funny. use a shopping aggregate tool to at least find something on sale.

why dont you give me 5k so i can get a good 2 months ahead on my rent?

I love how both of these brands are owned by LVMH, giving you the illusion of """"choice"""" in where to overspend on a jacket

Tip: buy from a small independent brand such as Brunello Cucinelli, and do not pay retail.

each house is largely independent though

what does the fact they are both owned by lvmh have to do with anything
they are still different brands, with different designers and most likely different manufacturing processes, suppliers, etc, esp when considering these are heritage brands with a long history, doubt lvmh is going to throw all that out the window
maybe op cares about the jacket itself and not who his money is going to

you're shit

LVMH are notorious for charging obscene amounts for brands owned by them.
Take Hublot as an example: "Independent", sure, but the movements are the same ones you find in a 400 dollar watch. Their methods are almost universal in their brands.

They're also gonna charge more because LVMH is gonna want a cut, right?

yes they are probably overpriced, but when one brand has something desirable to the buyer they can't get from any other, sometimes that price is justified for the consumer
not saying it's the smartest thing to do to go spend 5k on a leather jacket, nor defending lvmh, but that's the reasoning for some people, esp when they have money to throw away apparently in ops case
but to just generalise anything owned by lvmh as being all the same shit, that's a bit stupid, maybe not so much for a relatively young brand like hublot, but we're talking about some of the oldest brands in the industry, especially in loewe's case, a brand whose selling point is that heritage in craftsmanship, they seriously aren't going to piss all of that away

wow it would be great to rob your hipster ass and sell your jacket to some other hipster. easy money

the hilarious thing is that the average person would look at OP on the street and think that he's wearing a regular cheap jacket. theyd notice no difference lmao

You could buy the finest crafted fedora in the world and even get a good deal on it: the fact remains you the consumer should want better things. And what you want is extremely flexible. There's no time where these jackets are the only options.

Get a rick leather winter jacket

>Faggot defending his faggy opinion buying his shit overpriced jacket
>I-I'm not the fag! You must be a c-cuck!

Kek what an idiot you must be

get a ccp fencing jacket you dumb fuck

find a used one on ebay. it will make you look less like a piece of shit faggot kid who wastes money on clothes by appearing well weathered and experienced with life. it will also cost a lot less, so you can spend the rest of your money on the fashion for dummies book set

you people and your Rick shit are exhausting

not everyone wants to dress like a retarded manchild cosplaying as a ninja

I like the left one but honestly that's just way too much.

It's not just generalized rick-posting with this, though. Rick is credited (at least on Veeky Forums) as making some of the best non-dadcore fatty fit leather jackets on the market today.

I'll go to this website and buy this one.
Retard !

eastmanleather.com/ostmann-wwii-german-flying-jacket-black-horsehide-p-154.html

right 100%

Rick leathers are shit.
Not questionning the fit, but the quality of the skins and the construction of the jackets.

See, he's designing slim fit leather jackets, which means there are a lot of tension points around the elbows, armpits, shoulders, etc. It's fine if you like it that way but Rick often uses these very thin and flimsy distressed skins (especially lamb) that will loosen up and sometimes tear at the tension points.

His jackets don't hold their initial form very long, and they age like bad milk. Have you ever seen a 5 years old Rick jacket with a lot of wear? Looks like a dried used mop.

I avoid lamb cause I prefer calf for its thickness and smooth feeling. But some lamb skins are alright. The fact is, I've never seen a good Rick lamb leather jacket. And his calf leather jackets aren't that good either to be honest (if you compare them to a brand with similar price point, let's say Margiela, you can clearly see there's a huge gap in quality - and I consider Margiela leathers to be okay at best).

Best skins are bought by top luxuary french and italian houses like Hermès, Vuitton, Berluti, Zegna, and some others. You may not like the style but these skins are INCREDIBLE. I can tell just by the photo that the Berluti jacket in OP's pic is of amazing quality. Looks thick and smooth as fuck. Not sure about the Loewe though.

Do you always lash out like a child and label critics as boogiemen?

Left for sure, much more versatile.

Loewe

buy a book on how to handle money instead

People are literally mad that OP has the means to and has no problem with throwing 5k at a jacket.

This board truly has gone to shit, clearly if he couldn't handle his money he wouldn't have said he has 5k for a jacket, your assume that it's money he can spend casually.

Fuck this board is in the shitter

This.

Why the fuck are y'all mad at some dude who wants to buy a 5k jacket? We all damn well know every person on this board would do the same if we had the money.
That said, I prefer Loewe's design and their construction has always been incredible but Berluti's leather looks softer and better overall. Don't love none of them tho, I'd keep looking.

Loewe leather is miles ahead of berluti

Loewe is one of my favorite houses and I know their leather is always top quality but I've never seen Berluti leather products irl so I'm just judging by the pictures.

Check out the dude that plays in Chrome's collection, you can get a great one for half that

Get a bespoke shearling jacket.