Monks

Monk strap thread.

>Lost a lot of weight
>Work in a full-autism field, so I know nothing about clothes
>Neither does anyone I know
>Need a brown pair of shoes so I'm not wearing black or gray all the time
>Look around online, decide I want a pair of double monks as something that isn't going to look out of place with chinos in a casual office setting, but could still be worn with a suit
>(Is this even reasonable? I'm serious, I know shit about fashion because autism)
>Go to local shoestore that stocks decent brands
>Ask if they've got anything with monk straps
>Four employees there, none of them have ever heard of monk straps

Wtf?

Red Wing 8111 Iron Ranger in Amber Harness, the best entry level boot, is what you need, pardner!

You can keep all that preppy fagboy bs, I'm into / W O R K W E A R / and classic 'cana, pardner!

BYE BYE

I bought a pair of tan monks for my formal this year for 40 aud. Their a fairly good pair too.
> feels good man

God I hate monk straps

Veeky Forums hates monkstraps.
But they are probably the most versatile shoe you can wear. Also super comfy.

Go for it I'd say. Make sure to buy some of decent quality. $300 minimum.

The Beckmans are more versatile, cheaper and come with a superior and easier to replace sole.

Only if they're single strap. Plus the pair you posted is complete garbage. Shit leather for starters.

But you can get any sole on any boot when you send them in to the Red Wing factory.............................................. and when is cheapness relevant when discussing FASHUN and how are they more versatile they're both casual boots you can't wear them with a suit you fucking retard

For 100 bucks yes. When a cobbler can replace the rubber under the Beckman's for 20.

Piece of shit fag fuck. Did I trigger you by not liking your literal reddit boots? Go kill yourself.

Meermin is supposedly good for the price.

roast me Veeky Forumsm

they are not cheaper.

quite alright, but I think that you should where a shirt with those shoes.

I just told this story in IRC so I'll repeat it:
>Hot summer day
>Be walking around in suicokes on the street
>See guy on a bench
>Cool Korean dude, notice he's wearing reddish double monkstraps, piqued my interest
>Later on standing outside of a grocery
>See a qt Korean in a nice dress
>She's looking around kind of lost looking
>Then the Korean dude I saw before comes up and meets her
>His fit is double reddish monkstraps, cropped trousers with a clean white button up tucked in
>Now I am convinced monks are kewl af

It doesn't really help, maybe ask the formal nerds over at styleforum. I guess my point was he was wearing them casually in the summer and he pulled them off strong. I don't see why they can't be worn both casually and formally. I'd go for a quality pair though. Maybe check out /r/goodyearwelt for that. With that said if you know nothing about clothes, a much safer bet would be a nice pair of derbys (or maybe some oxfords/bucks) that you can dress up or down.

thanks

i wanted to, but i dont own a good one... I need like a linen mandarin collar shirt that isnt navy or white.

>buy pic related
>comfy AF
>heads keep turning all day erryday

Totally worth it.

>they are probably the most versatile shoe you can wear
Not even close.

so, how long have you been having them? 2 months? Did you buy one every month as you said?

post fits

I am a fan of monkstraps but I'm not sure they can be worn with just Chinos (no blazer that is)

I think brown brogues would be more versatile depending how formal you need to wear them

I don't know why but Koreans can pull of all sorts of crazy cool shit

Maybe it's confirmation bias and I assign every poorly dressed Asian as Chinese and every well dressed Asian as Korean but clothes just seem to fit them so cleanly

Yes they can be worn with just chinos. I own a pair in black suede.

2 months, bought a pair of cordovan oxfords got a good deal for some MTO alligator loafers, but still waiting for them (pic related).
Making a small break this month and will probably get some burgundy wholecuts next month.
After that might save up for a few pairs for boots for the colder seasons.