Absolute no-no's

Newfag here,

What are some of the worst tips you fags can give me. Asking in a sort of reverse sense, give me the worst advice you can as a basis to learn what NOT to do

thanks

don't copy what you see in inspo threads point blank. you should know who you are and figure out what will look good on you and what you like.

Op here,

Just clarifying, if you're posting purposely terrible advice to have it be revived for the opposite affect, then label it or make it obvious that you're being sarcastic, wouldn't want those to get mixed up with real advice on what not to do

The cringe threads are pretty good for what youre talking about OP
Theyre basically a guide to the donts and donts of fashion

>Fedoras

This

letting yourself be dressed by the internet

yeah just listen to this one. let's say you like video games or movies, you usually read up on some reviews or get a feel for if they're gonna be good or not before you buy right? look at some inspo before buying new clothes and creating a new wardrboe for yourself

I have some questions:

Is it bad to wear white socks with chinos/jeans?
Is it bad to wear running shoes with chinos?
Is it bad to wear running shoes and gym shorts when not working out?

listening to Veeky Forums

matching colors

This

>high waters
>no socks
>low socks with high tops
>jean shorts
>FUCKING FAKE CLOTHES
>not buying at least one pair of vans
>not matching
>socks with sandals
>copping designer just because a rapper wore it
>being a sneaker head
>being a sneaker head that doesn't buy shoes just to resell
>not washing clothes you just got from the thrift shop

If you're trying to lose weight, buy clothes for the size you wish you were, and wear them until you are that size.

>socks with sandals
get taste

You can actually wear a fedora if you aren't ugly and know how to dress

that isn't a fedora

Crige threads are mostly embarrassing for the Veeky Forumsggots who randomly bash fits that look alright.

>Is it bad to wear white socks with chinos/jeans?
It depends.

>Is it bad to wear running shoes with chinos?
It depends.

>Is it bad to wear running shoes and gym shorts when not working out?
It depends.

Simply get genuinely interested in fashion. Read about it, look at inspo on Veeky Forums threads as well as elsewhere, go to nice stores just for the sake of trying clothes on and of discussing with the sellers. Find other non-anonymous boards with more mature communities, that's where you'll get reliable advice (remember that on Veeky Forums the 15 yo spergs who get laughed at on WAYWT are the same people who try to advise you).

Also don't be scared to do mistakes. You will buy pieces that will not fit you, or that you will get bored of within weeks, and you'll regret those purchases. Maybe you'll even do so with something absurdly expensive. You will also put ridiculous fits together, that will not fit you, lack coherence, of be tryhard as fuck. But those mistakes are what will make you progress, so don't be afraid of them but also don't be afraid to acknowledge them as such. When after 10 different fitpics the whole internet still tells you that the fit of your €1000 jacket is shit on you, it's time to accept it and try to understand why it is so, so that you won't make the same mistake in the future.

In general, the key to progress is persistence and continuous self-questioning. Always ask yourself how to improve, always try to find what's wrong with your outfits, never become an arrogant piece of shit who believes he's the new fashion god because he tucks his vintage tee shirts into expensive cropped woolen pants, but don't let yourself get discouraged as well.

Or you know, you can also simply not give a fuck and dress however you want. It's up to you.

Wow actually good advice. Shame people never listen to this and try to defend their shit fits with "I just wear what I like"

This is the first genuinely good comment i have seen in years on effay, great advice user :) !

Nigga that shit is uncomfortable
I'd wear socks with slides, not sandals

This. You can't be trained to tell what looks good. You need to develop your own aesthetic sensibility

Also, I would add, always remember you can't please everyone. There are always going to be people who think you don't look good

don't be ugly or fat

>>socks with sandals
i feel that its so demonized that its actually become respectable.

i wear hiking shoes with my chinos and long sleeve button up dress shirt everyday, roast my autism shoes until i get some white low top converse2's

slicked back undercuts. undercuts in general.

Never wear these unless you enjoy being ridiculed.

Browse r/malefashionadvice

You could be more specific
>do not be fat
>do not mix formalities in a single outfit
>clothes should fit you properly
>glasses too
>nobody wears ties unless they have to, and that would mean at least an office-tier outfit
>and nobody wears sandals unless it's so hot they have to, that means your outfit will be good for incredibly hot weather

>Is it bad to wear white socks with chinos/jeans?
Not really, if you're in America it's normal, but you can do better.
>Is it bad to wear running shoes with chinos?
No, it's pretty normal, again you can do better but don't worry too much. If the shoes are particularly garish, it gets bad.
>Is it bad to wear running shoes and gym shorts when not working out?
It is pretty bad, but a lot of people does anyway. You won't be judged, but... you can easily do better than that.

>and wear them until they become your size
ftfy

Don't wear running shoes unless you are running. Don't wear workout shorts unless you are working out. But more importantly fashion is communication so you need to target your look to who you want to be seen as to who you will be seen by. You don't want to look like a mark around thugs. You don't want to look like a creep around girls. You don't want to look like a slacker at work. It is time to look at what others are wearing and start observing what they want you to think and what you do think and what you want to say and how you think you should say it. Just parroting opinions you see here is juvenile and will only make Veeky Forums like you, if that