Skating fashion

what do y'all think about wearing skateboarding shit if u dont skate

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FPx6X1pkWUg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just start skateboarding, it isnt hard.

Don't be a poser.

if the clothing is what got you into it to begin with, are you still a poser?

this. pretty fuckin simple. poser fag

if you skate you arent a poser
need me to explain more simply?

But I do skate, and I'm a poser.

this is the best sk8ing style

WACK

youtube.com/watch?v=FPx6X1pkWUg

Love to wear sk8 stuff and not sk8. Really assblasts all the right types

unless you mean you literally pose for photographs, you must be confused

also, remember rolling is skating. you dont have to do trick or skate transition or jump down stairs, you just have to be rolling. street plants and flatground freestyle rodney mullen shit is not skateboarding.

my dick

who gives a shit

you don't have to play basketball to wear basketball shoes or tennis shoes etc

wear whatever the fuck you wanna wear bitch

A lot of you dumb faggots say "kek" but don't play World of Warcraft, so what is the difference?

>Skateboarding 'clothes'
They arent made spefically for skateboarding most the time anyways so who gives a shit. The shoes rip too fast, skaters skate in all types of pants and shirts. The brands just center themselves around skateboard fashion. ITS FASHION ANYWAYS!

Do you gotta be a runner if you buy running shoes?

wheres that clip of Jeff Grosso saying "skateboarding is a fashion show" when I need it

Someone who is a skater has been doing it for a while, not just pushing a board down the sidewalk. Most true skaters find fashion after they have mastered a good amount of skill on the skateboard. With that being said, I would not go biting skateboarding if you can't at least flow a skatepark. Or else, prepare to be pure comedy entertainment from actual skateboarders as you awkwardly push your skateboard past them.

wHat Do yoU guys thunK aboUt beinNG a Poseur ?

awful & non conventional

I think you know what it means dunce

Who else here lies about being able to sk8? p nice life

stupid and i want off this fucking dumb wild ride i just want 2015 back, none of this corny la goth dickies shit just skaters wearing skinny dickies, old skools and a fucking awesome hoodie was the uniform now shits so gay

depends what you mean? I wore some skate shoes because they durable (nike sb dunks) but at the same time you could say it was the skaters that copped the style

>skateboarding shit
like what?

He's on the forefront of fashion

Clothes are clothes. All they are is a brand and if it looks good, there's really nothing wrong. I think people who think otherwise are dumb and gay and just want to find a reason to hate something.

How would you recommend getting into the activity? I'm 18 but I'd feel self conscious going to a skate park and being super uncoordinated. Do you just start doing routes around the neighborhood or?

Just go to a skate park, no one cares really. I was a fucking mess and still am, maybe slightly less of one. Sometimes people will give you tips on shit

Most of them will talk shit, behind your back or to your face

>hur durrr am i allowd to wear vans even tho im not a pro skateboarder
Skate shoes have been apart of streetcore for years now nobody gives a shit

>Work for a Vans store as a senior employee in one of their Europian store
>One morning a have to open up, but i always get some lunch from a shop down te street.
>Some kids with Supreme hats and Thrasher shirts walk pass me with they boards
>On of them says 'look at this fucking hipster wearing sk8-highs do you even skate bro?'
>I've never skated
>I tell him i dont, and ask him why it would matter
>Kid starts lecturing me (I'm 25, he was about 16) about how im a poser for wearing skatebrands while ive never done any 'time on the skateground'
>I tell him i'm too busy making money off of dumbasses like him.
>He has no idea what im talking about and walks away while laughing at me
>10 minutes later im heading back to the store to open up
>Same kid is waiting at the door, waiting for it to open and sees me coming at the door
>Tells me 'Nah bro you can go shop somewhere else, the people that work here probably think you're a poser as well'
>I pull out the keys to the front door and open it up
>His face immediately changes
>Dead silence
>He silently starts to walk in after me
>I tell him nah bro dont bother, i dont want your fucking attitude in my store while lauging at him
>This kid starts getting angry as hell
>I make him even more pissed off because i let his friend in while he has to wait outside
>He leaves
>Mfw i worry the rest of the day this kid is gonna come back with his parents and tells my boss about me declining his entrance to the store, could seriously get me in trouble
>The kid never returns
>Fucking worth it

At the end of the day, you can wear what ever skate clothing you like. Shoes, absolutely! Skate company shirt, go for it! But if you dress like you are experienced in skating but you are not, people will laugh at you. I could go purchase running shoes and look fine, but if I wore a full running kit I would look like a tool.

if you've got a kid nearly a decade younger than you lecturing you about anything you're just a loser

>25
>wagecuck
who really won here

just dont get in peoples way and learn the flow of the park. dont just stand at the bottom of a quarterpipe when ppl are dropping in. ask questions and just be sincere no one will care. everybody has been in your position too. if they talk shit dont worry bout it

Isn't the skate park a place where 22-23 year old stoners try to fuck high school junior chicks?

yeah

If anyone just comes up to me out of nowhere and starts talking shit to me because of some fucking shoes, im a loser? fuck off you sperg
>wagecuck
look guys i used the word 'cuck' on Veeky Forums so everyone knows i lurk on this board and make fun of people who work while i use daddy's creditcard
Be original you fucking trust fund clown

>tfw wearing etnies, dc, world industries mallcore
>nobody gives a fuck
>faggot me buys supras because why the fuck not
>kid asks me if I skate
>continues talking about shoes, ankle support and dirtbike riding
>try to tell him I have no idea what the hell hes talking about
>sees me heading to library like the faggot that I am and invites me to hang out with him
I was too much of a faggot to learn how to skate and I was 12, but he tried to teach me anyways
ended up hanging out at the skate park with my bike and failing miserably at that too
idk if it was the scene or what, but everyone was alway so welcome and chill, even if they were older kids or just visiting from another park
Even through high school, never felt like that in college though, weird

you shouldnt be wearing jordans if you dont play basketball,you shouldnt be wearing stan smiths if you dont play tennis,you shouldnt be wearing ultraboosts if you arent runner,...

>But if you dress like you are experienced in skating but you are not, people will laugh at you.
What does this look like?
Unless you're talking about like walking around in knee pads, elbow pads, and a helmet.

skating is so fucking lame and the most cliche "cool guy" hobby along with being a DJ that i'd consider reappropriating skatewear without being a skater superior

skaters know ...

The reason I ask is because if it's anything other than actual safety gear, "dressing like you skate" is completely subjective and to judge people off of shit that doesn't matter only makes you a giant faggot.

Skater fashion =/= Running Kit.

Clothes marketed towards skaters doesn't mean only skaters can/should wear it. They're not practical wear to help/improve your skating, just shit that looks cool. Fashion's about wearing shit that you think looks cool. Gatekeeping your hobby only reveals yourself as being an insecure numale who really only cares about how the hobby makes you look.

I skate I'm just shit at it so everyone thinks I wear thrasher shit to be trendy

we might be the same person