Why do normies hate prep?

Why do normies hate prep?

twitter.com/Prep_Life_USA/status/847933239910182912

Look at the comments

cos it's shit bruh

This.
chinos are decent.
Polos (depending on make/style) are decent.
But they always have shite shoes and worse jackets.

Trainers go best with the polo/chino combi.

because you look like a golf dad

>thread

I hate it because it's shit and half of you wear it just to trigger "normies" anyways.

Loafers are the best for prep, while boat shoes are garbage

everything in the left pic is shit

Vinyard Vines is faux-prep

same with those chinese made sperrys

cop some taste and support your country

Prep is only effay if you can make it a little edgy. Vineyard Vines is retarded, boat shoes are ugly, and khaki shorts can look very bad if worn incorrectly. Go vintage

only whites can pull it off

>prep
I used mommy and daddies money to look like a conformist frat collegiate retard, look I'm even wearing boat shoes and I've never been on a yacht.

Prep isnt just clothes, it's a mindset. People who are actually prep can spot people who are fronting really easy. There's nothing wrong with prep, but you have to have the backing for it - like money and a good education.

Also, all the frats know that Vineyard vines is super 2016 and would laugh at anyone wearing that shit. Who the fuck wears Vineyard Vines still? lol

Geed spotted

Wearing a tshirt with a whale isnt prep its embarrassing. Might as well wear a bike nike swoosh and call it prep

Spending 1,000+ dollars on ~30 cotton t-shirts is pretty gay.

who the fuck wore it originally?

not anyone whose ever actually been to marthas vineyard. keep pretending, you southern flyover wannabe piece of shit.

true prep for the uninformed

Because it makes them feel guilty for dressing like shit.

yes go for red wing some gitmen brothers and if not that Ralf larun purple label the pasta niggers need your help

all those t shirts are such cringe
"please, please notice the huge brand I'm wearing, I paid a company to advertise for them"

mad?

no, he's correct

why the fuck do people have to pretend they're from the northeast, from a very small and specific subculture

I go to Dartmouth College in America (I'm from Sweden) and 70% of the dudes here rock Vineyard Vines as much as they possibly can. I don't understand it at all, it looks like fucking shit, but I guess it's cause ~80% of people here are in a frat. Also they're all legacy students that went to prep school on the east coast lol

I'm low class. How did you get into uni in USA? International boarding school?

Vineyard vines is hyper-conformist. Prep is one of those enduring fashion-lifestyle fusions like punk and goth. It stands for the status quo. Usually because those who wear it sit somewhere comfortably in the upper echelons of the status quo.

Just thinking about it conjures images of horsetoothed blondes getting their nursing degree and browsing etsy for a "live, laugh love" sign in the perfect font made from reclaimed barn wood for their first apartment off campus.

This is the reason why streetwear is cringe.

I like the looks and find a lot of inspiration from prep threads but there is too much brand whores.

Bronze chinos are the worst thing that ever happened to fashion

Honestly why?

cus prep is fucking ugly

cus they're fucking ugly and tryhard

thank fast fashion for that cheap ugly shit not prep

Niqqa on the left looks like Gilligan.

Actually polos are quite a trend for normies aged 15-25. And I mean the "coolest" kids. Even stacies use them. Source: Have teenage brother

Prep has and always will be for normies.

I honestly think they look ok, are you referring to bronze jogger pants? Because those look like absolute shit

Looks like it's mostly niggers complaining about how the picture is "so white"

It's they main reason it's hated

What, because everyone is too poor and not white? Explains why Veeky Forums hates it too I guess.

Nah. When I see people prepped out I think one of two things.

>Daddy is a millionaire and i'm an entitled cunt
or alternatively
>I try really hard to make people think i'm wealthy.

Fashion is supposed to say something about you, and it's rare that prep style doesn't give one of the two impressions above. Inb4 poorfag, I grew up in one of the richest neighborhoods in long island NY. The only time legitimately rich young people dressed like this is when their old money family forced them to. It's tryhard as fuck unless you're 40+, and looks universally bad unless you're a male model. At it's best it tells me you're not very creative when it comes to your personal style. A more well off version of a basic bitch.

/thread

Why did someone drop clothes on the floor of that Kids Gap

if you actually think anything by vineyard vines is worth wearing neck yourself lmao

>Inb4 poorfag, I grew up in one of the richest neighborhoods in long island NY. The only time legitimately rich young people dressed like this is when their old money family forced them to.

I'm also from a rich neighborhood in Long Island and you're wrong. Most people I know who wear Vineyard Vines like wearing it

I prefer preppy rich kids to hypebeast "streetwear" rich kids, those guys are fucking insufferable.

I think it has something to do with aspect that they can afford anything and yet they dress like its paint by numbers or wear the most expensive most hyped up drops because they don't have any taste.

I noticed when I was in high school and wore vineyard vines (grew up in an extremely wealthy town and I did spend summers on the vineyard) that the girls I attracted all wore Lilly Pulitzer dresses and Jack Rodgers shoes. When I grew up and developed a personality and some taste. I noticed that I could still fuck those girls but I was also able to dip into the art school girls the hippy chicks, the punk girls, etc and it was because when they first saw me they didn't think oh here's a cookie cutter frat boy that might date rape me. The preppy girls would fuck me because I was still wealthy but I was alternative or whatever they said to their friends about me.

this. being Veeky Forums and socially conscious but also having gone to prep school and being a college athlete is like CRACK to artsy girls, and normies are easy anyway

This. Are you from Garden City too? Wanna fuck?

where'd you find this picture? I think the kid on the right was my roommate in college.

ole gilligan looking ass nigga

>he's got a blonde qt gf, they're probably enjoying life together as we speak

Can't really hate on him

my girlfriend wears that shit because she thinks its cute (now that I think about it, ive never been in a VV store and seen another male shopping there unless being dragged by a gf/wife,

im trying to at least get her more into Hilfiger and Nautica wear and oxfords.

she got me a VV button down shirt, absolutely dogshit fit and did not last long thanks to the burly shoulders. at least PRL classic buttondowns last long

still beats her being into instagram THOT culture and wear or whatever normies wear these days

because white people

its boring and uninspired
its just middle class fashion of numskulls who smell like musky shit

better than boring and uninspired streetwear, the fashion of nitty working class troglodytes who reek of BO and sweat

>looks bad unless you're a model

well if you're ugly just don't wear it and leave it to us attractive people, problem solved

>muh streetwear
honestly you deserve to be gassed

Buddy, prep is so normie that even normies consider it normie
You contrarianism doesn't change that

Because it represents white people with money, which normies hate

Tons of frat guys still wear it

Those boat shoes look disgusting.

I know you're supposed to wear them without socks, but they look like they fucking reek.

well if prep is the fashion of the middle class then streetwear is the fashion of the working class, no? it is just nigger fashion really

>I know you're supposed to wear them without socks
You can wear them with no-show socks.I never wear any kind of shoe without socks.

>it is just nigger fashion really
then how could it be the fashion of the working class when they don't work