youtu.be/1FqdKjFiRTQ
shop.swatch.com/en_us/watches/irony/big/noir-du-soir-yws424.html
tisellkr.com/web/product/medium/201504/30_shop2_254702.jpg
watchsleuth.com/seiko5finder/
instash.com/seagull-1963-chronograph/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What are you wearing today?

anything gold plated should be thrown in the trash
all these gold "filled" or plated fucking omegas need to be thrown in the damn trash.

absolutely worthless.

It's called gold cap, actually. It's a much thicker layer of gold, you can see in this photo how it's a visibly thick layer. But yeah, I guess I should throw my grandfather's watch in the trash because someone on the internet is angry about it. You seem upset.

AP royal oak offshore diver in stainless, black face and black rubber strap

perfect for daily wear

gold plate, cap, fill, anything.
it's not actual gold or stainless so it should in fact be thrown in the trash

F-91W. Represent.

What happend to wt on /g/, i can't find it

Are you retarded?

pics user I imagine that is a really nice look

post your watch then pov fuck

id on this please

youtu.be/1FqdKjFiRTQ

Hard to see but I guess it is fake as fuck.

There is not much square shaped case Rolex around. Assuming those vintage models would look smaller on the wrist than the one in the video.

Try Rolex Cellini Vintage womens or ladies but idk really what it is

>gold plate, cap, fill, anything.
>it's not actual gold

You sound like the kind of idiot who would trash rolled gold but praise 9ct.

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

I want something cheap.
Is this a good starting watch for a guy?

If he is

I'm 24, can you suggest something better in the $90 range?

you know what i mean
it's not the same fucking quality as solid gold

i have a 67 wideboy datejust, 1969 speedy, tissot visodate, hamilton khaki and an skx009 jdm version.

seiko 5 or vintage military aw11 but they can get pricy in good condition

I like it. What's the diameter?

YUGE

Thanks, I ended up going for the seiko 5.

37.4 mm

shop.swatch.com/en_us/watches/irony/big/noir-du-soir-yws424.html

I need a cheap 22mm lug dresswatch for a wristlet (cause I got a nice 22mm leather nato) around 70$, preferably Casio.
Already had a Mako, need a dressier one for a few occasions.

im kinda new when it comes to watches and i need a nice cheap bauhaus style watch

tisellkr.com/web/product/medium/201504/30_shop2_254702.jpg
around 200$

Pic related. Need a new crystal.

You're actually buying a watch because you already have a strap? Wew.

Get a Stowa Antea

It's 42.7mm you silly

I'm in love with this.

Congrats on the purchase! Make sure to post some pics of it once it arrives

Jesus Christ that's nice. Where'd you get it?

>Falling in love with the drunk uggo at the end of the bar

Looks like a poo-in-loo pajeet special

>He fell for the India Seiko
Veeky Forums come on I thought you guys knew better.

I want a watch, and i had a 22mm strap, so why shouldn't buy a watch with 22mm lug width ?

Kek

A168 in the house

I know pretty much nothing about watch pricing but have been thinking about getting one in the $100-$150 range. Can that get me anything effay?

What's your opinion on this

It's pretty plain for my taste and I hope it's no more than like 40mm diameter at the most because that watch design is going to wear like a dinner plate strapped to your wrist. But it looks pretty respectable and Timex is probably the best option at that price range and their chronos especially are a pretty good value. If you like it, go for it. I'm not usually a huge fan of meme straps, but there's a style of nylon straps called Perlon which I think would look pretty nice on that watch if you want to add a little color to it.

We just can't have nice things.

The assholes at Luch are now making cheap retro reproduction of the vintage Soviet Luch.

That shiny new bezel and face looking cheap af.

If you don't have $3,000 to buy an automatic version of what this is ripping off, then I agree with the user above me, get it. I'm also not a fan of the strap, but that's an easy fix.

Hi, female here any watches you would suggest for me?

Apple

Women look geeky with Rolex or other type mech watches

There is a reason why women's pateks are worth a fraction of a men's watch

>all of these citizens and seikos and casios

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH HOLY SHIT WHAT A JOKE!

there are nice digital Casio watches for ladies too. would consider if I was a grill.

i dont like tag but thta one looks very nice

Too big and the rose gold is a little questionable, but it's less tacky than most TAGs. There was that whole shitshow about TAG pretending the cal. 1887 was their own invention when it's really a Seiko movement, but at least it's a good movement.

Anyone else still using these

My dream

Hey looking for my first watch. I kind of know the difference between Automatic, Kinetic, and Quartz. I'm tempted by the automatic Seiko's you guys recommended. I'm looking at some on ebay (only approved buyers with more than 1000 reviews)

>how much would it cost to repair a automatic seiko? how much to repair a kinetic? how durable are these watches?

What kind of automatic Seiko, if you're looking at the cheapest Seiko 5 models then you should just buy new because they're basically disposable. Servicing would easily cost way more than the watch is worth, you could even just throw out the old movement and drop in a new one when the time comes if for some reason you really want to keep the watch. Those 7S movements are dirt cheap.

As for kinetic and solar quartz, the solar ones are generally considered more durable and I think Seiko is phasing out kinetic slowly because it really has no advantages over solar. Regular battery-powered quartz is fine too though. Personally I don't see much advantage in solar over battery power, you only need to replace the battery every couple of years and it's not a big hassle.

I don't know the full name of the watch but it says the model # is SNKM83K1S. The one im looking at is like half off on e-bay preowned. But I can return it in 14 days if I don't want it.

I like this one without the metal links. Can I change that to leather or some other material straps whenever I want on most Seiko watches? because I see the brand new version of this watch is metal links.

I basically want a
>Seiko Automatic Daydate
>with a colored face (other than gold and black), that doesn't have big ugly numbers crowding the face
>isn't a oversized hunk of metal
>isn't over 110$

watchsleuth.com/seiko5finder/

Seriously there is no reason why you should buy a watch this cheap used. The previous owner will not have taken care of it, they're okay watches but they're not exactly heirloom pieces to pass down or buy and sell.

You can change bracelets with a springbar tool, they're really cheap and it's easy to do. Look up the width of the lugs and any strap of that width that you like will fit.

What i wear most

take a look at J Springs which basically is a seiko. see mine above

I got this as a present and I like it.

>that watch
>that ring

>ripped black jeans
>signet ring
>cheap fashion watch
kys

Oh, looking at your watch I see it's time to kys

lmao

Citizen Nighthawk w/leather band

the timepiece of peace

wear cancer, get cancer

>m-muh 6k mountain jew chinese part horological masterpiece

loving every laugh

You forgot to mention fedora too ....

That watch with that strap is super disgusting, total abomination

Fedora? I simply said that you probably prefer overpriced Swiss non in house movement over a watch that is practical and affordable.

Regarding the strap, maybe not the best choice, but I don't think its that bad. What would you put on this watch?

For this there is no better strap than original one.

but it's uncomfortable.

Casio Duro on a cheap NATO. One of a few watches in my collection that are both tough enough and inexpensive enough that I am comfortable wearing it to work out in the field doing oil and gas well servicing.

Damn user eat a sandwich or something, you look like you're playing dress-up with your dad's watch. And this trend of wearing anal beads with your watch is awful, don't those things scratch up your nice watch anyway?

Got a dog do ya?

Oops i meant to reply to

Calculator watches are the best.

so I think im going to get this one for my first watch. What do you all think about it? Also what straps should I get? (not a big fan of metal links)

see
I find it hard to believe anyone thought that dial font was a good idea.

looks like the type of watch you'd pair with google glasses

A smart watches a meme? I want something techwear related. Something cyberpunky. Got any advice?

Got this in the mail the other day. Did I do good lads?

Are Swatch watches Veeky Forums approved?

I have these two

Swatch is Curaprox of watches

What does that even mean

Thoughts on this Hamilton?

Just found out about their stuff today and I think they look nice. Too big for me, but nice nonetheless. Good job.

Yes, despite what Veeky Forums would have you believe.
It's a cheap watch that you can change in a year for something else you like and/or fits your style.

Eeeh

It looks big on photos. Not so big IRL. Also I'm a wristlet.

The thing with the movement - yeah, they bought it from Seiko but it was almost completly rebuilt. The original Seiko movement was based on many TAG patents tho. Piston wheel for example.

Too bad TAGs first real inhouse H01 watch looks like shit.

My grail is this: instash.com/seagull-1963-chronograph/