Japanese Magazines

Anyone know where to find scans of Japanese fashion mags online? Looking for a specific issue of Popeye, among others.

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0jc0NJQ4qefcXdpS3hoNjlySjg
www116.zippyshare.com/v/xCovzRnE/file.html
www95.zippyshare.com/v/4RMX1m7V/file.html
tokyo-jam.livejournal.com/5446.html
jmagazinescans.livejournal.com/
pastebin.com/EJ0gTH3k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if you are still here this link is great. has bunch of old popeye's in addition to a ton more.

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0jc0NJQ4qefcXdpS3hoNjlySjg

Does anyone have the first edition to Go Out?

First edition? Every issue is the same lol

Is it? Because that saves a lot, the only reason I wanted it in the first place is see their progression in content organization. If that's the case, then the buck stops here.

I like Go Out. I have a few issues and am the mag uploader
But that trend is falling to the wayside

Please, oh, please.
I'm a huge fan of outdoor magazines and style books and been studying through each and everyone for a project that I'm working on. If you can share what you can, you'll be a hero.

I've taken a sabbatical for the last few months, man. There's a lot there though, enjoy.

Is Magazine user still around? Haven't been to Veeky Forums for a while

I'm here, still buying shit but not uploading right now

You've done a lot, your work is appreciated. Thank you, can't wait for when you start scanning again.

Soon, brother. I'll be back with a sticky-worthy mag dump one of these days, been preparing for it for awhile

As someone that consumes a lot of eastern magazines what do you feel separates western fashion magazines like GQ from something like Popeye. Stylistically and content wise, if there is any difference.

If you're taking requests, I would love to see Mono uploaded in the late future

Why don't you buy the magazine yourself and scan it in?

Only if more people bought these magazines we can get more people to upload them

The bigger issue is not everyone has a decent scanner and wants to crack the spines of their mags. It's why I appreciate everything mag-kun uploads. I'm not generous enough to get a scanner and wreck what I have for the good of others.

Most of the Japanese magazines can be found on amazon.co.jp's kindle service. Ripping images is easier.
>Basically: chrome > devtools > click the network tab > click images tab > refresh page > go through the pages one by one to retrieve all the links.
>Trick is to use devtools in Chrome (f12, network, img tab, f5) to get a dump of all of the image URLs, then set your middle click button to double click (saves a lot of time), open ~40 pages at a time, and download them one by one to the same folder with gradually increasing page numbers. It's the efficiency that will make the monotonous task doable. I also have my back and forward buttons set as tab left and tab right, so that I can occasionally count page numbers and verify that I haven't missed a page

I haven't seen any decent non-Japanese fashion magazines on kindle, so you're stuck with scanning physical books. I want to add that these magazines are quite pricey. Some magazines look like books. Hardcover, big, lots of pages and nicely bound. Non-destructive scanning seems far too expensive, so you're stuck with destructive scanning. I suppose you or I have to swallow a hard pill and buy another copy.

This is about scanning comics, but it could apply to fashion magazines too: www116.zippyshare.com/v/xCovzRnE/file.html
Maganon, did you have Take Ivy yet and is it possible to host this too? www95.zippyshare.com/v/4RMX1m7V/file.html

wtf you actually kept my directions?

It's because we love you

A few years ago some user posted a google drive link with a shit ton of popeye

The archive made it easy.

I've got Popeye mags for the past couple of months. I'll scan them in a bit.

Thing is, lately there's been far more food editorials than fashion in Popeye.

Oh, and www.vvshu.com has a fuckton of Popeye and other magazines but they've only got shit from 2015 and backwards. Still a fuckton of inspo though.

Is there a way to download an entire magazine on here?

>vvshu.serazahr.com
Not anymore. There was a site for screen grabs, but that's off the air now and it didn't really work anyway.

tokyo-jam.livejournal.com/5446.html
jmagazinescans.livejournal.com/

What are titles of magazines and journals devoted to the business side of the fashion industry?

popeye is a lifestyle magazine not a fashion magazine

damn I want some Popeye's chicken now

Same...

Yeah, here's a script for you. Copy paste to notepad and save as .html

pastebin.com/EJ0gTH3k

You do have to paste in the directory, you can see that in the page source or open a page in new tab to peak it.

You can script it easily using a web scraper extension for your browser or get and parse in python or whatever. 'xyz.jpg' is a pretty easy pattern.

Yeah, I know. It's just that previous issues have had a more 50/50 ratio on fashion vs lifestyle. It's reaching 20/80 now - feels ridiculous when Popeye releases special editions exclusively on food guides anyway.

I'd try on Rutracker or IPT if you have an account. Got a lot of Men's Non-no in there.

Nice!

I like transworld business tbqh

bump