What does it mean when someone says you "dress like an autist"?

The usual answers seem a bit dated (fedora, trenchcoat, flame shirt, nike monarchs, etc.). What does autism look like in 2017?

Look in the mirror and tell us.

A lot of autists wear those shoes, but I don't think they're necessarily autistic.

>all NBs are the same

Autists don't wear 574s. That's like saying Nike is dadcore and posting a picture of white Air Monarchs

It's not those shoes, judging by the fratbros at my uni, those shoes give them power

I don't associate 574s with autism, but I have seen a lot of nerdy autistic types wearing them. They're pretty popular in general, though, so lots of other types of people wear them as well.

Do you ever see any under 40, autistic or not, wearing Monarchs or those white Steve Carell New Balances? IMO, most of the stuff people associate with autism is pretty dated. I rarely see anyone wearing that stuff regardless of how socially awkward they are. I mean, you have to be really, really out there on the autistic spectrum to think a fedora or something like that is still acceptable.

It's funny how all the nerd stereotypes are always outdated. You would see that Revenge of the Nerds look in movies and TV until like the early 2000s.

Depends on where you live I guess but I still see classic fedora neckbeards every once in a while. In my town the closest thing to autism shoes are Skechers probably

An autist will wear blue jeans like the one in pic related for daily use. Shoes normally are some type of sneakers like you already posted. Shirts can be anything revolving around some t-shirts with unattractive patterns, or some autistic graphic/meme/joke

Reminder that there is literally nothing wrong with pic related when worn properly

TFW you used to do that and now you've gone full prep to try and compensate but your shame will forever haunt you even if it was years ago

You should go back to your old style and wear it ironically. Now that would be Veeky Forums.

don't talk shit about the 574. The autism shoes are those white ones or the Nike Air Monarchs.

overly tight jesns with one size too big stan smiths

I'd love to see an example of those being worn properly.

Am i retarded for liking the black monarchs

i unironically want to wear monarchs ironically

skull patterned sweatshirt jacket and dirty gray sweatpants and cheap shoes

I had a roommate in college who used to wear the autistic style, and I would tell him that it makes him look autistic. He didn't believe me until a borderline real autist was in one of our classes, then he changed his whole wardrobe and hasn't gone back since

White monarchs = dadcore

Black monarchs = grandad core

Greys, beige, and earth tones w the grey NBs. Black is really nice too. Stay away from dad shit (blue jeans) or baggier pants which hide the shoe. They are very well designed but dull in color, so if they're hidden the aesthetic value of the shoe is tremendously lowered. They are so sensitive in that they are easily perceived as dad shoes, potentially terrible fit if you don't dress wisely.

those NB are too high end for an autistic, there are some at my work, one guy wears a hockey jersey every day, not sure what shoes/pants, I don't care enough. and others wear like video game shirts or shirt that would come from loot crate. but I feel like the shoes would be sketchers, or cheap ASICS, or walmart shit.