Sneakers General

Sneaker News // Cop or Not? // Advice // Bantz // Post Collections

Has anyone done any restoration work on sneakers before? I bought these fairly beat Yeezy 1's at a discount. They were dirty, pretty creased, the midsoles were worn and had toe box separation on the one shoe. Here's what I did.

-Sealed the toe box separation

-Did a full cleaning with soft and hard bristle brush (for the soles)

-Stripped the old paint on the midsoles and gave them a full repaint

-Took out the creases on the toe box with a steam iron

This is what they looked like before.

And this is now. I guess It's a little hard to tell, but you can see the difference. Has anyone else done any restoration or custom work? I love DIY.

Pretty cool. Quality post.

nice job will save this tech

Thanks, I'll go into more detail just in case people are interested in doing cleaning or restoration.

To seal the toe box I just used some shoe glue. The trickiest thing here is that you have to hold the bond together for about an hour or more. Depending on where and how the separation is, you might be able to hold it up and forget about it using rubber bands. But I had to hold is manually. If you have any midsole separation that is quite small (like too small to put a nozzle into, try applying with a toothpick. Super glue would probably also work and dries way faster but of course it's less forgiving. I would not recommend liquid super glue, if you must use it get gel.

-To clean I just used Reshoevn8r's 4oz kit. Soft brush on the upper, hard brush on the soles.

-To repaint the midsoles, first I taped them up around the outline of the midsole and took the old paint off with acetone and cotton balls. Cotton balls soak up the acetone really fast so blot the cotton balls on a paper towel once or twice than rub on the midsoles. It doesn't take much. Then I retaped the midsoles and used Angelus paint. It works best if you do quick swipes with thin coats. I'd say between 5-7 coats to get a quality paintjob. You can use a hairdryer to dry each coat before starting a new one but it doesn't take much as the coats are thin. After around 6 coats everything will look even with no visible brushstrokes or anything.

-To take out the toebox creases I dampened a towel and simply put them over the shoe and applied a steam iron to the towel and rubbed. Don't press too hard.

Bump

How much did you pay?

Would I be able to do this to the yeezy 2's and get the same results?

Thoughts on y-3 pb?

how to take care of gazelles? not experienced with suede shoes.

Just don't let them get wet and you'll be good

cop or no?
i need white shoes

There's better looking shoes out there

How much do they cost?

$50

Cop

you can get the purple ones for pretty cheap but i heard the mesh on them is kind of rough

They last a long time from my friend and he skates hard

What do I cop if I only own black shoes? I have three pairs in my current rotation and they're all black.

hmm maybe something other than a black pair of shoes

I don't see why not. I imagine 2's would be a little more difficult to clean because of the surfaces, but beyond that.

Well, the toes of 2's aren't leather so there's probably no need to take out any creasing.

Here's my collection, missing a pair of wolf grey Jordan 1's that I just got today.
A years worth of "collecting" (or whatever you want to call it)

Cool, certainly brought them back to life.
The midsole looks a bit shiny, but other than that, a good restoration.

Not a fan of the upper on the 2017 versions.
The zg models look good but they are way overhyped and priced.

Spray them with a repellent, keep them dry and brush them with a suede brush from time to time.

>The midsole looks a bit shiny, but other than that, a good restoration.
I see what you mean but it could just be the lighting. I used Angelus paint and matte finish.

Yeah, it could just be the direct light making it appear shinier than it is.
Just curious, how much did you pay for them?

Mine have a little bit of creasing

Bumping with my latest cop
My first pair of Jordans. Nothing special, but I really like the monochrome grey look.

looks nice
what are they exactly?

WHY DID I MISS THIS DROP? :(
Damn these are amazing man

Jordan 1 retro high wolf grey

?

is josneaker legit or nah
also what colorway of NMD should I get, first time buyer here

Cop or not.
I'm from the uk and my sneaker collection is full of smaller brands like brooks, karhu and le coq. Most people don't know what they are and people assume that they're like some £30 polish trainers. Even in some sneaker head pages people don't appreciate stuff that aren't nigger nikes

Having the same problem with the toe box. Out of interest what did you use to seal it up again

Should of bought nubuck. But I spray mine with waterproof spray every 3 months, keep the midsole clean and you should be aight

Like the blue heaven/ lunar rock colourway more

I vote yay for the model, nay for the cw

Stop using "should of", it's "should have" or "should've". "Should of" literally makes no fucking sense.
Also, suede looks ten times better than the nubuck version.

dont get nmds

>"Should of" literally makes no fucking sense.
get the stick out of your ass, it's a totally understandable mistake figuring how when it's spoken it sounds like "should of" from a lot of people

Nice. Jordan 1s are my favorite. Kinda the only Jordans I like actually.

Cop?

Should I go for Pure Boost or the new Ultra Boosts? I have wide (E~EE) feet. Currently eyeing the Oreos.

Too simple.

What are the best black sneakers for a girl?

all-black super stars

It's literally what i need for work

This. All-black leather Vans or Converse would work too. I'd go for Converse if you're young

wich one should I cop?

Top left, center.

If you're on a budget - Pure Boosts
If you're not on a budget - Ultra Boosts

Also, are you talking about the 3.0 ultra boosts? Not many people are fans of the knitting pattern and the cage. But yeah the oreo on the 3.0s are pretty nice.

Most people like the 1.0s and the 2.0s cause the pattern and cage are more classic.

Big fan of the B&W gum sole, shame the short tongues weren't $40 like the long tongues during the prime sale.

Honestly, budget isn't a problem for me, though I don't want to waste money getting both. I just want something that can fit my wide ass feet. I did hear that the Pure > Ultra on wideness, but Pure < Ultra on comfort. What do you think?

>Also, are you talking about the 3.0 ultra boosts?
Nah, I was talking about the Pure Boost Oreo, see And by "new" I mean the Ultra Boosts that are gonna drop in October. If I don't go for those, I'd go for the Ultra Boost 2.0s.

I have wide feet as well (do not know my width sizing).

I like comfort and toe wiggle room so I bought the uncaged UBs half size up (my true size is 11 so 11.5). Wonderfully comfortable.

Tried the PBs and the were slightly less comfortable than the UBs in my opinion.

Interesting. Not a fan of the uncaged UBs desu, but thanks for confirming. I might just get the Pure Boost Oreos right now and just decide if I'll buy the all-white UB 4.0s in the next 2 months.

Are the tubulars unpopular for a reason? I like mine, but nobody on here talks about them or post fit with them.

dead meme

O U c h

I only bought them because I liked the silhouette

I'm feeling autistic, but I meant to say the Tubular Invaders.

I feel very d umb righ tnow.

Understandable, the uncaged look a bit funny but goddamn they're comfy.

I'm waiting for the 4.0s to drop before I make a choice for which UB to get. I'm planning for a core black since my uncaged are all white already. Plus I hate worrying about white shoes getting dirty.

They're unpopular because the sizing is fucked, but mostly cause it's not a boost model, and a little bit because people have labeled them as poor man's yeezys

Are Giuseppe's worth it ?
I want a nice pair of designers gimme suggestions

Thank you f or the knolwdege.e

c/n?

either of the gazelles, the others are fucking atrocious, sambas are ugly as sin and stans are played out

Cop those, nice and cheap, Im either getting other new balances or Until I get a response on the quality

Those look gaudy as fuck.

I like to dress loud

The tubular invader never really caught on and hit the sales rack pretty soon after the release.
I like the silhouette, but they're crazy uncomfortable. I rarely wear mine.

Tubulars were really hyped for a moment, but the hype died pretty fast.
Many tubular models are also dubbed as "poor mans y3" or "poor mans yeezy".

The tubular moc runners are one of my favorites though, they get plenty of wear.

I like them. I wear a lot for black

Will try to cop tomorrow

man I used to hate these now I think they're rad c/n

€75, am I doing it right?

Where are some decent storea in Vienna, i'm seeking some 95s or 97s

No.

copperknot?

they're a good basic shoe. cop.

thanks. should be easy to take care of them. want to keep them nice, they're fantastic shoes.

I like em a little bit

You're doing something right.

Need some recommendations for white sneakers.

guess i'll post in this thread too.

just bought on a whim cause they were 50% off. only thing i'm not crazy about is the tongue

they look like peter pan GATs

should i cut the tongue on my busenitz?

hey, i need some advice here. i work outside mostly walking around on pavement and my work beaters are in comically bad shape. they're starting to like actually fuck up my feet
i need something that doesn't look like shit, is mostly black, is reasonably comf and durable, and is under like 150 bucks. i prefer adidas brand but anything that meets most of those specifications is cool. thanks

What are these? wtc

do you have to wear a uniform? whats the rest of your outfit look like usually

the only uniform we have is a black polo. other than that i usually just wear skinny or slim tapered jeans

ID on asap rockys sneakers?

Cop?

Cop

b8? theyre stan smiths

could be stan smith raf simons considering we cant see the sides

definitely copping, what do you guys think?

How much did you pay for these, they still look ok to me.

Anything wrong with wearing something like pic related?

Just plain old simple white sneakers. Need them to pair with navy shorts.

I'm a guy.

what are these?

I bought $60 reps from Dhgate and cannot tell the difference between those and the real side by side

Fuck no, common projects are great if you have the $ tho

Clarks Calderon Speed.

which raf do i cop?

Hi top velcro