Is X techwear?

>Is X techwear?
It can include but is not limited to a number of aesthetics and brands:
• Tech Ninja/Cyberpunk (ACRNM, ACG, Guerrilla Group, Y-3)
• Activewear (NikeLab, Adidas, Gyakusou)
• “Gray Man” (Unobtrusive) (Veilance, Outlier)
• Outdoors (The North Face, Patagonia, Arc’teryx)
• Military (Arc’teryx LEAF, Triple Aught Design, Surplus)
Post news, inspo, and fits. Start flame wars, berate each other anonymously and have fun.

>Techwear Discord link:
discord.gg/AyNg7Tw

>Techwear guide
tuxbell.com/index.php/Guide_to_Urban_Techwear

>Brand spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MgLVu61LQrd59jNlOgwYaqxR3Jo35XY1gwOsTfmT9U/edit#gid=0

Other urls found in this thread:

acrnm.com/?mode=img
whitemountaineering.com/item/?key=all
youtube.com/watch?v=Ts7ybeomaso
youtube.com/watch?v=BJHMsS7155Q
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Acronym drop today, for all you wannabe ninjas.

acrnm.com/?mode=img

second for penises

Ninja stuff is yucky

what was the jacket with a gravity pocket?

whitemountaineering.com/item/?key=all

White Mountaineering FW17 is looking comfy.
Emphasis on black, but almost all the pieces come in more than one color.

What are some good athleisure tech pants? I'm thinking gyakusou shell, ACG.07.kmtr shoes, patagonia atom sling, and an Arc'terynx neck gaiter

Any of the older season ACG pants, or just go full running-core with tights and shorts.

I have no idea how kmtr's will hold up as athletic shoes though.

damn everything juicy already sold out.
the dryskin sleeves would be rad with my waterproof shirt tho

Those look ridiculous

Nobody could find these boots in the last thread, let's try it again

what shoes would you suggest?

Gyakusou will usually drop one of the Nike running shoes in a colorway that goes with the latest season.
Trail runners are good all-purpose shoes, I've beaten mine to hell and back.
I don't think the kmtrs are bad, but they're below the line of function your fit is going for.

when does nike drop the gyakusou

Usually the end of October for the winter line.
Spring line this year is absolutely sold the fuck out.
I'll see if the spring line is going to restock or not.

Anyone got some recs for a barefoot/ minimalist shoe?

those boots are sick

Really like the fit except the pants.

This seems to be a restock of past season items. AW17 should drop around mid sep.

want to achieve both /out/core tech and athleisure urban tech please give me recommendations I'm new

Not surprising since those are the two cheapest entries into tech.

Step #1 is to read up on tuxbell on your fashion basics.
Step #2 is you can read the techwear guide.
Step #3 is to buy up basics. For you, Uniqlo, Adidas, Nike, The North Face, Patagonia, etc will all do. Stock up on T-shirts and pants. Find a pair of running shoes and then hiking boots.
Step #4 Research what kind of hardshell or softshell you're going to need for what you're doing. Be it running, hiking, etc.

And that'll be your entry into it from there. Aim for a more casual hiker look so you don't look too out of place at school, work, etc.

$48 black tapered pants from Asos
good techwear or no?

I like these, the dangling bit on the pocket is hideous but nothing's stopping you from removing it.

is there anywhere where I can find inspo for these?

All the albums i've seen are general street ninja inspo

I'm currently compiling a more diverse inspo gallery. But I'm still compiling as much as possible before making it.

As requested though, Inspo dump for the rest of the thread is going to be focused on this, and last threads, post about women tech.

not tech

maybe

Assume that I don't want to use the Discord; what's the next best place to talk about techwear?

>the discord unironically thinks this is a good fit

There's really never a good place and there doesn't need to be a place. It's just techwear, you'll have more fun and meaningful discussion if you join a group of people where that topic is secondary like urban exploring boards.

You've got sufu, reddit, and here.
Pick your poison.

it is. shit tier taste if you think otherwise

r/techwearclothing is slow and a cringe fest in how bad all the fits are and the general knowledge is basically a step up from r/streetwear

supertechwear on sufu is dead slow, has no fits but the cringe of how bad the posts are more than makes up for it. supertechwear is especially bad because unlike reddit and the discord where most people acknowledge they are still learning, the sufu retards actually think they look good and know what they are talking about (they don't)

Not a fan of joggers, they make any shoes look like clown shoes. If it was black and not trying to match I think it would be alright.

Those are Acronym P10's the best techwear pants you can buy. They are not joggers at all. baka

Sorry, they all look the same to me.
Really its anything with ankle taper I usually hate.

Sour grapes

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Acronym and Techwear in general makes you BALD!

Errolson Hugh, Acronym designer and infamous cuckold, is hellbent on making other males share his bald-headed fate by infusing his polyester rags with dangerous phyto-hormones and toxic chemicals that cause your hair to permanently fall out.

I will provide evidence of this in the following three posts. Three big influencers all who wore Acronym products, all who are bald or balding terribly. This is no joke everyone. Beware.

First up is reknowned scammer and beanie wearer (we now know why) Fernando Ruez. He started out as a hypebeast just like you or me, made it to Big 3 Instagrammer status, then was shamed out of the game as his hair fell out thanks to Errolson's trickery. He's since deleted his Instagram account and gone into hiding to live out the rest of his bald years in solitude.

Next we have jah_eel aka real_russian_spy from Reddit. The innovator behind StreeTech who changed the game when he through a Nemen x ACR shell on over his Supreme Bogo tee. Now sadly, his hairline in shambles, he drifts off into obscurity, dying and then rebleaching his hair over and over, trying to will the baldness away. Sadly, that's just making it worse.

And now for the latest of the "Big Three" influencers to fall victim to the Acronym baldness plague: Karl Nikolai. This swagapino won our hearts with his charming smile and elf-like physique. That look doesn't quite work with a side comb over to hide the heavily receding temples. It remains to be seen if he can hold on, but with another ACR drop just around the corner in 6 weeks, it is not looking good for our spritely young friend.

Don't buy Acronym, don't wear Acronym, don't even talk about Acronym. Not if you value your hairline.

This has been a public service announcement.

Stay noided

Stop using this image it's a bad meme and stop putting everything into boxes like *core and *wave it gets you nowhere

This
Wear what you want stop trying to put everything in a box

L-l-l-life is like a box of chocolates

can someone post the original pic. I need it to do some research

It's not bad. I think what's wrong here is that it's a bad photo, not flattering to the clothes and taken at a weird angle. Also everything is new and crisp, I think this fit looks better after a bit of wear, which helps give it some comfort and character.

what's wrong with this
also w2c that bag?

You don't need the image, you can always ask you're questions here

techwear doesn't have many people who want to discuss and talk about it, that's why all the places are slow, bar this thread

this is And Wander

They really only have their online shop and a few boutiques in Asia (Tokyo, HK, etc.), pretty garments that do well for weekend hiking. Not a high-performance outdoor brand but certainly not a waste of money.

the hood doesn't even look waterproof?

pretty sure thats an older stone island jacket, still cringe

no, it's mesh
there's another pic of it where the model's hair sticks through the holes in the mesh lol

that's hilarious

I like his jacket quite a lot; I would easily wear that

it's a Veilance piece, easily >1.5k$

but yes, it's gorgeous

I think there were new adidas city sock shoes. With gore-tex and all that shit.

not awful, just need some things replacing mainly the standard main thing being the stone Ireland jacket and the shoes

if you wear them like that. I think the intention is that it's part of your base layer, these would be perfect for winter time.

some jackets already have these built in but my current one isn't as comfortable so i'll probably cop some of those

i hate stone island. only fucking skinhead racist trash where this shit

im new to /fa, wanna start switching my style over to pic related. where do i start? give me a makeover Veeky Forumsgs

start by cutting of your limbs to get robot arms

ecks dee
i meant the jacket style and type of pants along with the shoes, what are they called?

i hate this shit. take some 19 year old college kid in the burbs and then shop him on some ghost in the shell set with a robot head and cyber arm
cringe af

Nobody will be able to tell you anything about this heavily edited doodoo

can someone give me advice about starting with techwear?

be more specific

i want to start with techwear and dont know how to start with it.I mean what pieces should i buy first.

If you're asking to be dressed you'll get nowhere

im just asking for tips

Build basics.

find out what you like (look at inspo) learn your brands, figure out what you actually want from techwear and decide what you want to buy

It was a different take on this meme.
Yeah, boxing yourself in is no good, but pattern recognition is human nature.

>basics
>basics
>basics
Start out with stuff on the cheaper end like Uniqlo if your budget isn't very big.
Read Tuxbell and the Techwear guide.
Learn about fabrics and what their purposes/properties are.

not sure if this is the right place to ask but i'll be going from country to country and I need a backpack that will be good for travel while also not being bright and ugly.

You are not in the wrong place for an urban or edgy hiking backpack.
Other brands I can recommend are
>Acronym
>Bagjack (which makes the acronym bags)
>Head Porter
>And Wander
etc, etc.

any of these large enough to fit clothes and everything or should i look for something more milsurp if i want it to be my only bag

Not him, but I have a MW Sanction backpack. Spent an entire week in New York and another in Pennsylvania with all my stuff in that bag. Get the Fitzroy if you really need more.

You're basically looking for a rucksack.
The bigger the liters, the more it can hold.
So 40+ liters is good, preferably 50+ if you're carrying a ton.
So, yeah that begs the question of how long he's staying, can he get access to laundry, etc etc

thanks guys, ill be going for either a few weeks or a month, mostly around Europe, im guessing theres laundromats there when im not staying at a friends or family too so i wont be taking more than a week and a half 2 weeks worth of clothes. The rucksack seems to be the best option for me thanks a lot for the help

is simple techwear too boring?

It can be, mix up a simple fit with colors.
An all black fit needs an interesting silhouette or details.

having pockets doesnt make it techwear

>>some jackets already have these built in
they're called sleeves

suicoke except they're basically dollar store flip flops with a strap that looks like it came off a reusable grocery bag that cost ~300USD

youtube.com/watch?v=Ts7ybeomaso

that stoney jacket is from aw2003 lmao

and snek knows he doesn't dress well it's ok let the lad be

You know, I wanted to hate this video, but it honestly wasn't that bad.

Now here's some fuckin' cringe
youtube.com/watch?v=BJHMsS7155Q

Damn, Errolson has done it again

Looks like a happy meal toy

def cop to just sit on them for a year and sell for like a bajillion dollars