COLD WEATHER GENERAL

Winter will be here soon enough, what pieces have y'all found yourselves thankful for when the temperatures drop below freezing?

I'll be studying abroad in Russia this next year and am in dire need of recommendations for boots. My grandpa has offered to buy me some pic related but I need a pair that would go with:
-lightwash/black jeans
-khaki, black and white chinos/slacks

Please feel free to post inspo, I live in the southeast so I'm looking forward to the opportunity to actually layer

I'm wondering if the Austrian paratrooper boots from the kommando store would be good alternatives

You are on the right track OP, you for sure want water proof try to select the one with the thickest sole you want your feet as far away from the cold ground as possible. You may also like Hunter and Dubarry. And remember when selecting a jacket that it has a concealed or flap over zipper so that wind can't get through your zipper.

Do you mean that the duck boots or the black combats are better? I'm also considering doc martins

Anoraks are in style I'll definitely pick one up

if you plan on getting otside in Russian winter, you should really consider bying some woolen socks, because any leather pair of boots without any layer of wool, fur or whatever beneath the leather isn't going to help you much
although I noticed that buying such pair in Russia is much easier, as they're basically required around here
even in european part of Russia winter is pretty cold

My experience: Austrians are alright only down to -10C and that's with woolen insoles and thick woolen socks. -15C will be cold, but bearable for not really long walks. Also its soles are slippery in cold.
My Martens' sole cracked in about -5C, so dont recommend.
Best will be to get actually insulated boots, especially if you are going to northern/eastern parts of russia. You can live with unlined combats, but it can be uncomfortable (or really fucking cold) for a week or two

Something like these?

Wtc?
Drunk but couldn't find anything when reverse searching. I fucking love those.

Get a size or two larger boots and wear them with heavy wool socks, combat boots or whatever. Also get thick felt or insulated insoles. Fur and shearling lined and insulated boots are bullshit, because the lining deteriorates faster than a good pair of wool socks. Never had trouble wearing uninsulated boots in the finnish winter

Danner Recon.

What shoes are those?

Get Sorels for the winter

Anyone know of anywhere I can get a pair of Austrian paratrooper boots in a US men's 5 or 6 (am grill, not manlett)? I have checked and have been unsuccessful in the other boot thread.

The Ducks. Although looking at the combat boots they may also be acceptable if they are lined and waterproof? Doc Martins are good too just remember the thick sole and waterproof.

That seems to be the consensus. My only aversion to them was how outrageously normie core they are

Where can I find a reasonably-priced longish jacket with this marled texture?

1. A good fucking parka, seriously, get a heavy duty but compact parka that goes over your ass.
2. Thick fucking socks, they will save your feet from fucked up conditions.
3. Thick fucking sweater, try to get one that has some neck warmth, either turtleneck, of a quarter zip.
4. Some nice base layer, as much as I love going outside when it's 20f with my parka and a Tshirt, if you start around and do nothing, it will get fucking cold, so invest into a good base layer.

Shit Veeky Forumsm, I'll be studying abroad in Russia too next year. See you around maybe. I'm lucky (?) to live in a place where each winter and fall seem to have matching conditions to where I'll be going in Russia, so my general advice is similar to thread: boots which elevate you off the ground, thick wool socks, hats with ear flaps are good, long gloves you can layer your sleeves over (jacket) and under (shirt), long ass scarves I mean LONG and thick and heavy (kek) so they don't get blown around in your face. Bring an unscented silicone based lotion and slather than on everywhere, exposed parts especially before going outside, you'll thank me later. Don't wear metal jewelry outside, if your ears are pierced then wear wooden earrings. Honestly, if you wear cheap pants, consider sewing patches on the inside on the knees and ankles for the extra warmth and wind protection. Your first layer should be tight btw, loose clothes invite wind. Don't wear stiff materials, especially stiff pants, in the cold.

Consider doubling socks and gloves, btw, a thin layer and a thick layer. Take more socks and underwear than you need, cause you gotta change that shit the second it gets wet.

Wear sunscreen, because light reflects off snow and will fuck up your skin. Don't put gel in your hair before going outside, it will freeze and get sticky and fuck your do up.

Don't forget to be in awe of the Russian women walking around in the snow in stiletto heels lmao

Last tip I can think of right now: don't buy fur in Russia. Russians go to Greece for their furs for a reason.

>My grandpa has offered to buy me some pic related but I need a pair that would go with:
>-lightwash/black jeans
>-khaki, black and white chinos/slacks
You posted them.
Get the insulated version and then buy wool socks.

Y'all are right. I thought I had maybe a couple outfits with a bunch of layers but I may need a heavier coat and more windproof items. I'm from South Carolina so Vladivostok will be super cold, where will you be?

I'm from NYC and most likely still be here when winter comes. If you are trolling around with your boys after 10pm and it's 20f, outside temp will feel like in the negatives. I recommend you something that protects your neck, and make sure there is no gap or slit that the wind can find it's way, that little gap with ruin your day.

I'll be in Moscow. Happy studies, brah. I'm so excited, unironically I've wanted to visit Russia for many years but never had the chance. God help me with the rain.

>marled
it's lamb wool

what are some good options for black boots in the $100-200 range?

Timbos+T H I C K K K sucks

I almost bought some sorels last winter but I started reading that the quality was garbage. Still love the look tho