What does Veeky Forums thinking about getting a car they can only afford with a loan?

What does Veeky Forums thinking about getting a car they can only afford with a loan?

The thing is, I am a 23 year old student with a small business. I repair mobile phones. However, I don't have a car myself and I feel like it slows my business down because I want to focus more on businesses. I also don't have the money available to buy one without a loan.

By getting a (as) new car I think I would make myself more available for customers and I think it would give the impression that I am successful and thus more reliable.

What does Veeky Forums think about this situation? Would you consider it a good investment or would you think it would drown me?

Picture related, it's a Mercedes A Class, 27.000 new price.

>I can't afford to buy a car
>so I'm gonna buy a $27,000 car

Literally OP what?

If your business is your only source of income, that clearly means that you're making enough to get by. So, why not just save up a couple thousand and get an older, reliable car? Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Mazda 3... You should be able to get a good used car for less than $5,000.

Don't buy a fucking 27 grand piece of shit mercedes that'll cost you $1200 a year just to get the oil changed

$1200 for an oil change? Try more like $40

Just steal one. Its way too fucking easy since everything is digital now. Especially if you're buddies with a mechanic. Just make sure you get rid of the NAV system in them considering they're all being actively tracked by the makers of the car.

106 Nigga do you even German car

If you can get a loan for nearly zero interest payment, why not?

You are just tying up cash for the car otherwise, the same cash you could have tied in stocks or whatever.

But usually car loans are ridiculously expensive and stupid, especially for used cars. Yes, you can get prolly better offers for new cars but then again they drop price instantly you sit in them first time.

Get a scooter, motorcycle or bicycle

There are several instances a fairly new, premium car can be a good purchase. If one drives longer distance commuting or other longer highway drives required by job etc.

Second group are sports cars hobbyists. Those people who enjoy driving backroads etc. Then some 20-35k porsche that does not drop price too much is absolutely fine purchase if it makes you happier and you simply enjoy the ride.

I don't see any advantage in buying a 5,000 car and a 2,000 car. However I think showing off with a fairly new Mercedes or Audi would sure impress people.

My question is related to giving people the impression of success and if Veeky Forums would consider it an advantage to make such an investment.

I also live at my parents (yuropoor), I have no costs at all.

>1,200 oil change
I think the annual cost of maintenance would be that price. I don't know which lunatic told you that price.

Most loans for cars are close to 2-5% around here.

>I don't see any advantage in buying a 5,000 car and a 2,000 car.
The advantage is that you don't spend 27,000 euros (or whatever currency) that you don't have. How stupid are you OP? If I see someone who drives a car that appears to be quite expensive relative to their profession (i.e. the former receptionist at my office drove a new Lexus), I just think that is a person who makes poor financial decisions. No one is going to think you're such a successful mobile phone repairman that you can reasonably afford a nice new car. They're either going to know you financed it (stupidly) or assume you're a spoiled kid and your parents bought it for you.

Fucking another europoorfaggot who thinks that people care about car. It's fucking plague here, in europe, that people prefer to live in fucking 40 year old city bloc in 2 room flat but they have to drive fucking new BMW vrooom vrooom just to show off. Fucking mental morons.

And clearly millenials are the same in europe.

Oh boy Oh boy. You haven seen nothing if you think in europe there is a premium car plague. In Asia it's 10x worse. The car you drive is how much you are worth. Even in USA it's prolly worse than in europe. In russia it's pretty much the same as in Asia, car is everything =)

10/10 thank you

also back to this Fucking retards with idiotic decisions.

What mental illness is this? Some new fucking worlwide mental disease?

Would Veeky Forums consider leasing a better option?

this fucking idiot

kek'd

must be stupid pollock or somewhere around

No it has got really wild in china after their quick rise in wealth. Same goes for most big asian cities you rarely see anything else than german premium cars on the streets

I am from Belgium. A lot of companies drive with new cars here.

>However I think showing off with a fairly new Mercedes or Audi would sure impress people.
Alright so this is a troll thread or you're a complete consumerist whore. Really? You're gonna put yourself in debt to buy a depreciating asset to "impress people".

You're an idiot OP. Good luck.

Learn your tax law.
Here in burgerland a company gets depreciation and other incentives to purchase cars. basically a 15% -35% discount for leasing the company fleet.

>ohh look man they took a loan to buy a new car
>now they look fancy as shit
>but man they got 30k debt
>shiiit YOLO let's go for loan
>now I am in debt but do not care

Fucking no education morons. must be a pollock

>student with a small business
>LET ME BUY THIS MERCEDES

fucking stop

I repair mobile phones. I damn sure know what a consumerist looks like. Welfare families who don't have money to buy decent food and who visit ALDI stores daily but all family members having 700 EUR phones, kids and dogs included.

I don't care about status. I really don't. If it were for me I would drive around with a 2,000 EUR car but that's not how it works. Who the hell buys a 2,000 EUR car and puts company logos worth 500 EUR on it. Nobody does. OK, arabs do that. And that's why nobody trusts them in my business and that's why I have an advantage.

This topic is related to giving a good, first impression. Good car = good company.

But you are right, you might be a rude dick but it would be better to look for decent but lower priced cars who don't choke me to death for the next 5 years.

If I want my mobile phone repaired I'm not going to give a shit what the repairman's car looks like. Grow up.

It will also give the impression you are charging too much aside from being a retarded financial decision as previously noted.

Go with this

a company car is different that's advertising and branding. which is quite expensive. Start small put a BIG magnet/sticker/wrap on the car, old people need to see you from 5 lanes accross. But I'm not sure its your most bang for buck advertising.
Most of the time it simply is a validity marker and possibly an indicator of professionalism

he's a fish?

That car makes you look like a total cuck.

This so much. I own a small business and am always on the road meeting with clients. Have a 11' Lexus LS460 for 3 years now. Will burn this car out to 120K miles or so.

Why not just get a $2000 used Toyota/Subaru and deal with it until you get big bucks.

New cars, Luxury cars and computer cars are literally the biggest meme on the planet. they're for rich people or suckers. Don't be a sucker

yeah i just changed the oil and shit on mine last week, it was fucking cheap and easy

There's a difference between a $1000 junker and a sensible 5-10 year used japanese sedan.