Spears shit all over other melee weapons (aside from pikes aka even longer spears)

Spears shit all over other melee weapons (aside from pikes aka even longer spears)
>b-but what if you run past the pointy end like in my anime :(

shortening the grip is not rocket science and spear was long to prevent people from closing the distance to begin with also when used with both hands it's fast as fuck so good luck with it and if the guy used it with a shield it meant he was standing right next to other guys with shields and spears so that would be some Nightcrawler tier bypass

fuck swords

fuck maces

fuck axes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zhRCNLMzUMY?t=7m29s
youtube.com/watch?v=l2YgGY_OBx8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There is a weapons board

>not halberds
OP is fag

t. Peasant

Halberds were made by homosexuals for faggots and that's a historical fact look who used spears
>samurai
>spartans
>knights before the lance was invented
>vikings altough that's not saying much
>greek hoplites
>romans
>pretty much everyone else

now look who used halberds
>some swiss faggots in between their gay orgies
>some literally whos no one gives a shit about

yeah, people just carried around all those other weapons to roleplay

Such peasants.

Just give up OP.
Your spear aint as long as my range.

They were sidearms. So are handguns yet you don't see soldiers talking about them - that's because they are unimportant fucking shit.

sidearms aren't unimportant you mong, otherwise people wouldn't have bothered developing so many different weapons

Oh yeah I heard so many stories about soldiers being saved because of their sidearms.

Oh wait I didn't.

>swiss army
>not the best in the world
oslo samurais used katana spears to cut through carbon steel

go to sleep old man, we shield and sword now

No weapon is good against everything. Spears get shit on by armor, axes, and cavalry when geting flanked. Which was often because spears are not very mobile. Spears, in order to be effective, need units to be bunched up, which makes them easy targets for arrows

>axes

I need some source for this

>cavalry when getting flanked

if you're flanked by cavalry your sword won't fucking help you either
>spears are not very mobile

that applied to pikes you downie not spears

vikings successfully raided German coasts, therefore axe>spear

not him, but spears were the most popular viking weapon

Wow the axe was good against unarmed people that's so convincing. Also they had spears idiot.

youtu.be/zhRCNLMzUMY?t=7m29s
Get shit on, nerd. Spears are long wooden shafts. Axes are tools used to cut wood. This shouldn't have to be spelled out for you...

the poor ones had spears

And the rich ones had a spear,sword and an axe yeah.

So the elite still had fucking spears.

youtube.com/watch?v=l2YgGY_OBx8

go back to playing Dark Souls and other shit meme games nigger axes were fucking dog shit used by some snow niggers who couldn't even deal with a bunch of half naked celtic fuckwts

cutting through a spear shaft is super hard. It probably happened but was not common.

And while spears did break, people carried shorter side arms

>literally knock spear aside with a sword swipe

>kill spearman

Sorry but rock beats sissor faggot.

>he didn't hear about all the paratroopers bayoneted and shot before they could squirm out of their chutes in WWII

sidearms save lives

>Some video of a gay dude doing twirls he saw in an anime
Pathetic. Any non-manlet would be able to cleave that spear right in two with a one handed axe

see