Is is douchey and try hard to wear white and/or light blue oxford shirts to university?

Is is douchey and try hard to wear white and/or light blue oxford shirts to university?

yes

it's fine. it' isn't Veeky Forums though. it's more a political statement than a fashion statement.

Depends on where you go to uni, which subject, who your friends are, etc. When in doubt, just scout things out, there's always the possiblity of wearing the ocbd open over a solid colored t-shirt, especially if the shirt is blue and the T is white.

That said, a white shirt is probably going to be overkill regardless of material unless you're going to harvard law

Holy shit you're in an institute of learning, those are the bare minimum you should be wearing. Unless you want to look like affirmative action scum and rant about wypepo, then try to dress somewhat respectably.

No, it is not douchey nor tryhard. Wear them with pride.

agree with this user

Light blue and white OCDBs are GOAT, they literally look good with everything.

But kinda like what said, it's about how you wear it and the vibe you give off. Don't be too overtly preppy and tryhard, keep it simple.

shut the fuck up

kek

it's tryhard as fuck unless you go to a highly respected, humanities-oriented institution like harvard. even MIT students will turn up in a t-shirt and jeans because their dress sense does not have to reflect their education.

agreed user

Is tucking them in better or not? Fashion pleb here.

>how you wear it and the vibe you give off
100% this. I've seen too many people that think a button-up shirt of any kind is going to "elevate" their look when in reality they look like kids dressed up by their mom for picture day or "first day on r/mfa/" type of shits.

right guy has the build of a slovakian mud wrestler

Just because others don't take pride in what they do doesn't mean they should drag down others. There's a reason that people used to wear suits to their jobs.

Tuck is professional, untucked is casual. Oxfords are incredibly versatile.

Middle guy could look great if he had gotten his pants one size lower & tailored, and a better haircut + glasses combo.

Ginger guy already looks best out of the five, but would be better if the pants with tailored pants another colour tie and a more confident stance/attitude.

The others are a lost cause.

This. I go to one of the top 50 unis in the world but it's no Harvard and I STILL see cunts dressing up in button ups and dress shoes
No one is impressed that your dad is a doctor and you're studying law
The most chill and also the most intelligent people at uni I've met all dressed casual but not like bums either

It depends on the school I guess

I wear oxfords and polos, but my school is stereotypicaly preppy.

I don't think it would make sense at a place like UCSD or anyplace like that

don't go overboard and wear a blazer, simple white oxford with the collar popped, blue or tan chinos, no dress pants

>There's a reason that people used to wear suits to their jobs.

lol USED to ? what are you underage or live in some flyover state. have you not been to NYC or Boston or any major city in the US?

I disagree. I'd love it if standards were higher too but if no one tries - trying at all becomes try-hard.

Your best bet at school if you want to fit in is to study what everyone wears and dress like they do. You can dress it up a bit more than what they're doing and wear higher quality fits but you can't be completely different unless you're find with being an outcast.

Get your head out of your arse, yuppie. Even Dilbert doesn't wear a tie anymore.
Where people still have Butlers they are more likely to make them wear a polo shirt than to dress formally.

If you have to ask....

>simple white oxford with the collar popped
>with the collar popped

What the fuck man

No, it is normal attire which adults wear.
Professors will have more respect for you.

But seeing as 90% are americans with shit-tier taste, they will call you a tryhard since most of the teens/young adults on Veeky Forums go for shit-tier non-STEM degrees.

Also:

>american education
>PAYING for said education

el oh el

you've never been to a university have you

You can wear an oxford shirt casually and not look like this fucking faggot. Looking like ti fucking faggot is fine if you're at a business school, or want to broadcast the Young Republican vibe, but you don't have to look like this in an ocbd.

Think Engineered Garments more than J Press.