If you have acne on your forehead, jawline, chest, or back that looks like pic related...

If you have acne on your forehead, jawline, chest, or back that looks like pic related, you might not have the type of acne you think you do. This is called pityrosporum folliculitis, which is basically a fungus you can get on your face which mimics acne. If your acne looks like this, gets itchy, or breaks out when you sweat a lot, there's a good chance you have this.

I've had acne for AGES and I could never figure out why the things my dermatologist was giving me was never working. Highly fucking recommend bringing this up with your dermatologist. You can take an oral or topical treatment for this, which clears this shit up in a very short amount of time.

Just thought I'd give you Veeky Forumsggots some skin advice

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3970831/)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thanks for sharing OP.
I'd advice you guys to shower with pic related. Anti fungal oral treatments can give you temporary hair loss and liver damage, so I'd watch out.

oh shit OP, I got this on my shoulders, chest and back. I shower, it softens, but I wear anything out and about or to bed, and it flares up again the next day. Especially right after gym. It's insane, thank you so much for this post.

My doc had me on Clindets for a long time for (real) face acne, it's only suppose to be like a few month treatment, but she had me on it for 2 whole years. Entirely thinned out my skin, caused wrinkles esp. on my forehead (I'm 20). So that's why I've since been afraid of acne treatments, and I've been just living with this problem.

Thanks again OP, will def checkout.

thanks op, great post.

What do you recommend for this shit? I have it on my forehead, temples, and scalp, but nothing has helped so far. I have been to the derm many, many times, but they're useless and don't know anything. Halp.

GO VEGAN, AND WASH FACE A MINIMUM OF TWICE PER DAY.

>this retard again
>wash face a minimum of twice a day
How stupid are you? Do you know how damaging that to your skin is to wash it more than twice a day? Stop giving people advice, you generally don't know what you are talking about.

I use to think you were alright but giving people purposely misleading advice is cuntish. Kill yourself unironically.

Every time you wash your face use products that contain benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. When I just use one of those I get acne but when I use both of those everyday it makes a big difference.

PIMPLES ARE A SIGN OF EXCESS LIQUID IN THE BODY; WASHING ONE'S FACE HAS A DEHYDRATING EFFECT ON THE SKIN; THE VEGAN DIET IS FOR THE PURPOSE OF ADDRESSING THE CAUSES OF HIS EXCESS "WETNESS"; THE FACEWASHING IS FOR THE PURPOSE OF REMEDYING THE SYMPTOMS OF HIS EXCESS "WETNESS".

Breh, drinking a lot of water and staying hydrated is important for having good skin

enjoy early wrinkles

AND?

It's not called 'wetness' you autist, it's called oily skin. If you excessively wash your face, your skin is going to respond by producing more sebum, which is counter productive.
And I don't give a shit about what you said about veganism, so it was redundant to mention that.

>It's not called 'wetness' you autist, it's called oily skin.

"OILY SKIN" IS A SYMPTOM OF EXCESSIVE BODILY "WETNESS"...

>If you excessively wash your face, your skin is going to respond by producing more sebum...

YES, IF YOUR DIET CONTINUES TO BE AS UNHEALTHY AS IT CURRENTLY IS.

>And I don't give a shit about what you said about veganism, so it was redundant to mention that.

IF YOU DO NOT CARE FOR A SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM, WHY DO YOU COMPLAIN?

GO AWAY, IMBECILE.

you're a living meme

>"WETNESS"
Stop it with your autistic alternative phrasing. Nobody refers to it that way. You probably also call a glass of water a glass of H2O.

>YES, IF YOUR DIET CONTINUES TO BE AS UNHEALTHY AS IT CURRENTLY IS
Overwashing your face is unhealthy and will cause sebum over production no matter what your diet is, you idiot.

>IF YOU DO NOT CARE FOR A SOLUTION
First of all, veganism isn't the solution, second my problem is that you unnecessarily mentioned veganism again when I didn't even address it and everyone read it the first time you said it.

Get the fuck out and stop giving people your horrible advice.

So what did your derm give you to treat it?

uneven collarbones kys ugly ew

>not calling water by its real name, DHMO

I have something very similar to dandruff on my face, dry skin looks "cracked" in a way. It's taken care of if I was my face but then it just dries up worse. Any recommendations on skincare for this issue? I also have head dandruff so any recs for that will be welcome.

RYQVSS not knowing what is he talking about episode 9992929

And you have an excess of black bile

I think you should go see a doctor. It may be juat really dry skin that you can fix with a good moisturiser, but what you are describing is more similar to dermatitis or even psoriasis, both are better to be treated by a doctor.

fucking kek, Ive had bad eczema my whole life and ive have to deal with a super dry skin on my face that peels off every time i shower. leaving red raw skin behind, Fucking love it, no dermatologist has helped at all. and i cant find a docter who knows jack shit about it. Tried shit tons of different lotions and moisturisers. NOTHING WORKS,
kms...

I've got some cummies you could benefit from

This. Modern medicine is a meme

All i can say is be careful with oral treatments. Antibiotics for acne are an absolute no-no, don't fall for them. Accutane is acceptable but only for a moderate amount of time and with strict monitoring.

All in all in my opinion the best option when it comes to acne is drastic lifestyle changes (diet, sleep, etc) and hoping for the best. I wish i had this common sense before taking Accutane. This shit fucked me up.

god you're such a fucking fedoralord

Thanks for the useful info, OP, don't have this, but I'll keep an eye out.

>phlegmatics
holy shit my keks
You are my favorite faggot on Veeky Forums.

love your features. goddess - tier.

those eyebrows are divine.

Are you serious? That not the poster. The girl is Ali Michael, idiot.

bump

cant tell if boy or gril, if gril absolutely stunning date me pls (am also girl ;> hmu), if boy, model status and nonconventional but still quite attractive
also ur acne is v v minimal dude, can barely see in this pic

>My fee-fees are more important than medical science

Fuck off you retard. ABs for acne work and aren't prescribed unless the pt is suffering from severe acne to begin with.

>ABs for acne work
No.
>unless the pt is suffering from severe acne to begin with.
No. In this case Accutane is usually prescribed because Accutane actually works.

I see lots of celeb bitches with that shit on their face Why won't anyone let them know then?

>I see lots of celeb bitches with that shit on their face
Like who, give an example?

Yo lets fuck lmao

You are way to beautiful to be on this board around these degenerates. Please leave before they corrupt you. You deserve the best

It's Ali Michael, retards.

Just to clarify this treatment you're recommending won't cause hair loss will it?

What makes you think salicylic acid causes early wrinkles?

OP, I want to solemnly thank you for this. I have searched, erred for a long time on skincare threads, never understanding how to erase the imperfections on my skin. While I know that comedos blocking the release of sebum is causing acne, in my case I didn't get to see any on my forehead for instance. I had silently resigned to live with it, and per chance I clicked on this thread, you shared this marvelous insight, and now things are clearer. Christ, I SAW a dermatologist, he simply brushed my case as mild acne.

>''Associations indicated in patients with Malassezia folliculitis include seborrheic dermatitis and tinea versicolor in 40 and six percent, respectively5,16 This is intuitive as both associated diseases also result from the Malassezia species.''
(ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3970831/)

If you have a good dandruff problem, there is quite a good chance you have this. The total prevalence in people seeking help in derm clinic is about 4%. This is a providential help you've brought us all, and anons have a lot to gain from this. Mention of this pityrosporum folliculitis should end up on the /skincare/ sticky, that much is obvious.

But what should you use to treat it?

an oral or a topical antifungal

so for example, if you have a cream or some shampoo with ketocozanole, you should apply it to the affected area. I must say that I am partial to topical agents because when taken orally, antigfungals can have nasty effects that are absent otherwise, as fungal cells really resemble ours and that any attempt to kill one does well in harming the other too.

What do you mean? The body wash won't cause hair loss and the oral treatment might give you hair loss for the period you are using it. It's not permanent though. Your hair would grow back normally once you stop using the medication.