Is this style of jacket exclusive to Saint Laurent?

Is this style of jacket exclusive to Saint Laurent?
I found one that looks exactly the same for a lot less made out of fake leather (I try to avoid using real leather it's a bit disgusting and disturbing to use another being skin to cover mine also I won't spend 5k dollars on a fucking jacket) I like the style of the jacket my only concern is that I don't want to look like someone who is wearing a fake. That's why I want to know if Saint Laurent is the only brand that makes jackets that look like this

It's a perfecto jacket, there are loads of 'em, or are you looking one with exactly the same pocket arrangement?

Good thing about leather is that it will outlast any fake leather jacket

may be wrong but didn't schott popularize the perfectos

a perfecto looks like this the one im talking about lloks exactly like the one I posted above

will fake leather save your skin if you fall off of a motorbike? if no, then a fake leather jacket is fucking stupid

you arent going to find something that fits as slim

Listen to the other anons, but fake leather looks like shit, if you have a ethical problem with leather jackets, so you buy fake leather, you shouldn't buy it, fake leather doesn't do the job.

pretty sure someone looking at a saint laurent leather jacket isn't a biker especially since they didn't know anything about brands like schott etc.

im just saying, at least a leather biker jacket has an ostensible purpose. a fake leather jacket is just a costume. if you want to play dress up, wear a suit.

are you saying that if you dont ride a bike you cant wear a biker jacket without it being a costume?
If so then the same can be said about regular vans sk8 hi

The whole "you can't wear x if you don't y" is overall idiotic, but there's a slight truth to it. Some people will definitely judge you if you're wearing sk8 his or a thrasher tee and clearly don't skate, or boat shoes when you look so poor you could be homeless, or heavy duty workwear when you look like a twink. Leather jackets aren't inherently bad or anything, but a double breasted rider will conjure an image of an actual motorcycle rider.

Also pretty sure blackmeans made a rider jacket with vertical chest pockets.

I'm vegan but if I were to buy a biker and buy real leather

If you get a good one it'll last you the rest of your life (getting better with age), it's more ethical than buying plastic you'll have to replace several times.
Thrifting leather is also dope and pretty ethical

idgaf about animals or ethics having the skin of an animal wrapping my body seems disturbing as hell plus i dont know whats the appeal in having a jacket for an entire lifetime id rather wear multiple jackets i dont really paln on using the same clothes 5 years from now

you already have the skin of an animal wrapping your body

have you ever owned leather shoes?

vans are just sneakers. but if youre wearing half cab pros and dont skate, some people are going to think youre whack. same as wearing full rhodie camo around town.

as to a faux-leather jacket specifically, would you wear a suit made out of polyester? or prime knit oxfords? or a denim tee shirt?

Faux leather is G A R B A G E. If you're not gonna buy it in real leather then don't buy it at all

I dont understand why everybody on fa hates faux leather so much when it looks the same as real leather while being a lot cheaper after all a fashion is primarily about how things look

>Looks the same as real leather
Kek

try to prove me otherwise

post whatever photos you want

Not only does it not last nearly as long as real leather does, Faux leather isn't gonna save you in any situation. And Faux definitely doesn't look the same. But like the other Anons said, if all you want it for is to play dress-up and not for any practical reason, then go for the Faux I guess. Just keep in mind that real leather is always an option once that Faux shite starts falling apart (if you even wear it for that long)

It doesn't, it looks like shitty plastic.

It's so fake it's funny

You have never seen faux leather upclose have you? because most faux leather looks like the one on the right only way of telling by looks is looking at the patterns real leather will have random patterns

>has never touched quality leather
My gf has a pleather jacket. You can tell the difference from good leather by sight, and from cheaper leather by touch.

hope this helps

It really doesn't, I have work faux leather jackets and they deteriorate within a year or two. I bought a Straight to Hell leather jacket, and it has a slim fit while being real leather. Also I'm a vegan but nothing really comes close to real leather as far as quality and durability.

it's the same just different pocket arrangement

then don't buy a double rider. they're meant to be worn in tough conditions and to last. a fast-fashion-tier faux leather double rider is going to fall apart in 3 weeks and make you look like you went to a halloween store to buy it.

lots of man made shit lasts literally forever, you buy nice leather for the look.

Are you guys sure youre buying clothes in the correct sizes? I've never in my life had an item of clothing fall apart, and I've bought a lot of H&M tier shite

i've just been in op's position
i bought a cheap faux leather double rider when i was 15, wore it for 3 months and the "leather" cracked and peeled away. i wore it hard, i can understand (i was a stupid kid and wore it on my motorcycle i had at the time). then i bought a real leather one that i still wear on my bike to this day. it's just the quality that concerns me. i don't want anyone to get burned like i did then.

Does anybody else smell leather to check if it's real? Or is it just me...

You guys realize a soft lambskin jacket like YSL will not protect you if you fall off a bike.

Also op don't buy a leather jacket if you don't appreciate leather as a material. Fake leather feels smells and looks bad.

>I'm a vegan

Not if you wear leather.

Nah I do too man