Techwear

>Is X techwear?
It can include but is not limited to a number of aesthetics and brands:
• Tech Ninja/Cyberpunk (ACRNM, ACG, Guerrilla Group, Y-3)
• Activewear (NikeLab, Adidas, Gyakusou)
• “Gray Man” (Unobtrusive) (Veilance, Outlier)
• Outdoors (The North Face, Patagonia, Arc’teryx)
• Military (Arc’teryx LEAF, Triple Aught Design, Surplus)
Post news, inspo, and fits. Start flame wars, berate each other anonymously and have fun.

>Techwear Discord link:
discord.gg/AyNg7Tw

>Techwear guide
tuxbell.com/index.php/Guide_to_Urban_Techwear

>Brand spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MgLVu61LQrd59jNlOgwYaqxR3Jo35XY1gwOsTfmT9U/edit#gid=0

Other urls found in this thread:

grailed.com/listings/1585955-Goretex---Nike-Nike-Goretex-Jacket
store.nike.com/ca/en_gb/pd/sportswear-bonded-woven-trousers/pid-11008271/pgid-11555053
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Discord link is dead.

Good, stay out

Trying to get ideas on how to make this style work on warmer/summer climates, I remember how the concept art for the first Mirror's Edge game had some sketches like pic related.

Now, the aesthetics for the runners were inspired by the bike couriers from early 2000s IIRC. But, given that the clothes are made with the right materials, could something like this work as techwear for the aforementioned needs?

It most probably can, but you'll have to give it a try and see what happens

>Trying to get ideas on how to make this style work on warmer/summer climates...
>... given that the clothes are made with the right materials, could something like this work as techwear for the aforementioned needs?

YES.

Cool dry materials all over, your underwear, socks, and shirt. Make sure those pants breath. maybe throw on a vest or a pack with little pockets on the strap(s)

Last thread I was talking about pairing some Superdomes with a flecktarn surplus parka some some tapered and/or cropped rothco cargos. A guy said they might be too sporty. Anyone have some alternative footwear I should try pairing with them? Any suggestions will be welcome, even those unrelated to footwear.

What's the consensus on outlier? Is it overpriced

Has the whole tech thread died, where is everyone?

Can anyone recommend me a North Face jacket for around -25 degrees?

Why wear one jacket when you can layer?

Everyone says it's amazing, but I can't say from experience.

i'm wearing their ultrafine merino right now and its amazingly comfy.

i took two of them on a two month trip to asia and i rotated them everyday and only had to wash them once a week. you can wear them for a week and they'll never stink unless you get shit on them. dont have any experience with their pants tho.

at -25 you want a hardshell and layer the fuck up, lined shell or just straight up puffer jacket or the like

Why is Veeky Forums so dead?

Jesus tech wear costs a lot. If I just get a UEG shell and wear some Uniqlo thermal shit under can I still be /techwear/?

I don't have a spare 8 grand for clothes.

Usual OP for the most recent threads here.
Things are definitely slow, not just for this thread alone.
I wanted to wait a bit for more F/W news and stuff before kicking off the winter jacket hype, but I have nice friends here who keep the threads up when I fail to do so.
I'll be back later in the month with more inspo and hopefully more news on stuff like the 11 x Salomon Alpines, etc.
Yeah man, work with your budget. Tyvek will not last long, but if you hunt around you can find cheap goretex like this nike for example grailed.com/listings/1585955-Goretex---Nike-Nike-Goretex-Jacket

> 11byBBS X Salomon

Stop the tease

As with all stuff, the clothes you wear can be as expensive as you want. There are expensive designer clothes that cost so much because they are produced in small batches and retards buy them, and there is mass-produced clothing that may or may not be particularly stylish.
Techwear doesn't mean "ninja cosplay", but "clothes that use technical materials and construction techniques that allow for better performance". Just find something that falls within your pricerange, but still has breathability/water resistance/full range of movement, etc. There are good sports and hiking brands that do that.

If you are purely for aesthetics, however, I think there are a few mainstream brands that have started to make shit with your regular cotton and nylon, that don't offer much in terms of tech, but will help you achieve that "I like books by Gibson" look without spending as much money as on a new car.

So I got a black rain parka. Looks like an m51. In hindsight I should have gotten olive but it's too late now. What can I wear with it so that it doesn't look like a school shooter coat but instead /techwear/. I wore it once with tapered cargos and a turtleneck.

You could go for more color in other places like the pants being olive instead.
Wear sportier shoes and avoid boots.
You can DIY a jacket sling so you can just wear it casually around when it's not raining and not look like you might have a sawn off in your coat.

live

I am looking for some sort of pants that can be used as both everyday clothing, and are suitable for riding a bicycle in the colder weather. So preferably something that allows for a wide range of movement, but doesn't look like something that construction workers wear.
Bonus points for breathability and some sort of water resistance.

Must be available in EU with delivery to eastern Europe. Because some stores like Uniqlo just don't deliver here.

This shit is autistic.I have never seen this style being worn in public. If I ever saw one of you ninja autists at college in this I'd laugh and then call campus security and then laugh some more. It looks like it should cost 50 dollars but instead is 5000 dollars. That is a car.

There is techwear and there is techwear. Autists will pay huge amount of money for expensive designer clothes that they like. It's their money, let them do what they want.

Then there are clothes that use technical materials because they are used in harsh conditions - mostly sports, outdoors, mountaineering brands. Good quality stuff that is supposed to help you out when you are out there. Yes, they don't look like urban ninja cosplay, but they do their job.

What pisses me off is the people who think that shit like Acronym or ACG is functionally better than Patagonia or Black Yak. Opinion disregarded immediately.

Actually ACRNM uses bleeding edge materials better than TNF or Patagonia by far and the design is actually far beyond anything from those outdoor brands. There is no brand more avant garde than ACRNM. So yea, they kind of are "functionally better". That is the whole point.

Could you please provide some examples? Because what I saw was mainly cotton, nylon and sometimes membranes like gore-tex, with some water-repellent coating sometimes. Maybe I missed something, because admittedly, I didn't look into it too much.

Hard shells are all goretex pro, in summer they change that ventile, they've done packable jackets in windstopper and they use a lot of schoeller materials too for things like trousers

Goretex Pro and Ventile are not "bleeding edge materials". Goretex Pro is the standard high-end for jackets, and Ventile was invented during WW2. Neither of them are magic materials, and nobody uses Ventile in serious conditions. Goretex Pro also lags on breathability compared to some other newer materials.

I was only arguing the point of "what I saw was mainly cotton, nylon and sometimes membranes", chill

Sorry, that wasn't me, I just asked the question. Thanks for providing with info.
But I do agree with the other guy that these materials are not anything new. All of that stuff can be found in sports, outdoors and mountaineering clothing.

It's true they're not anything new, but still nice to know they at least use the right materials, that said still not my thing

>Actually ACRNM uses bleeding edge materials better than TNF or Patagonia by far and the design is actually far beyond anything from those outdoor brands. There is no brand more avant garde than ACRNM. So yea, they kind of are "functionally better". That is the whole point.
you are mentally ill

is military surplus a good place to get techwear? too poor to afford some of the name brand stuff. also can someone post military inspo for a civilian?

Flecktarn is stylish, check out bundeswehr parkas and shit.

Surplus gear is on the lower end of tech since it's mass produced and made as cheaply as possible to be supplied to a large number of troops.
A lot of it is still good stuff though, and with a little DIY or styling you can definitely pull it off.

You are on an aboriginal boomerang carving board like the rest of us. You are just as autistic, if not more, than everyone else here. Congratulations.

flecktarn is autistic as fuck my dudes

Also asking about Outlier. Really looking for tech/out pants that look like low profile slim/straight pants, preferably in black. I see alot about Outlier pants being prone to snagging or anything sharp. The futureworks implies it's the more durable outlier pant but I can't find a definite about snagging. Im looking for a pant woth similar look and function, that is either sharp stuff proof, or maybe just cheaper.

OG climbers would be the way to go then. 4-way stretch and very durable. There's also Mission Workshop that you can look at.

I thought I remember those ones specifically being susceptible to sharp stuff? Like even outlier themselves say it. Anyway, thank you, and I'll check out mission. I live in a very brambly wilderness and most people just wear carhart all day everyday.

Arc’teryx A2B commuter pants

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm not a huge fan of the design, but I'll take a look if they have some other interesting models.

>mirrors edge

techwear: the game

Where did that 1000deaths guy go? Haven't seen his shilling anywhere in a while, did he finally get arrested for looking like a terrorist?

your autistic my dude

techwear sunglasses?

urbance thread?

Idk, I guess one of the chameleon sunglasses.

Also, captcha was extremely relevant.

No more Rick Owens General.

This board desrerves to rot.

>Denim
Gross
He went off the deep end after realizing he's a giant lolcow. Deleted his insta and was about to delete his Twitter too. He's apparently building his own apparel company now out of his apartment or whatever.
Boob pockets kek
Shoe masks are top tier cringe
You can take inspo from anywhere, but always be aware of looking inauthentic. See Hugh and Acronym for an example of how a lack of authenticity leads to lulz.

what is "authentic"?

There's a certain idealism that permeates in tech-wear that you have to dress like you're from the year 20XX and should look like a Cybercop when all you're doing is getting in your suburban sedan to go get Starbucks and drive home.
Sure you can ham things up for fashion's sake, but techwear draws influences from fictional sources like Gibson's works or the Mirror's Edge that guy posted.
At some point, it can and will look like cosplay. It's no different than when the movie Drive came out and every kid on the block wanted a quilted bomber with a scorpion on the back of it.

why are video game outfits so awful

Can ponchos be tech? This one can be folded into a small baggie or used as a tent.

skin a bear and later it with a light hoodie

Outlier are top quality and built like tank. Also if your shit rips or tears send them and email and they'll probably just replace your shit for free (they did for me with a pair of shorts)

t. own 2 pants and 2 shorts from them

holy shit w2c?

www . amazon . com/dp/B00AJ5FS30/
They come in Coyote, too. When thrown over the shoulder they remind me a lot of the British WWI ponchos.

sick
ty user

to be fair i don't know how people who don't either
A) live in dense urban areas
or
B) live next to hiking paths
manage to suspend their disbelief while they leave the house in techwear

Put together this basic outfit idea off of the poncho. Any recommendations on bags to put with it?

for what kinda application? i know quite a bit about bags
going /out/ or for tech in an urban environment? edc?

(btw those shoes look kinda shit imho)

Rain running or trail blazing are the primary applications. Any shoes you'd recommend?

check out Outlier's ultra-high roll-top
also bagjack makes a technical sling that you might like
and of course since your fit already looks military-inspired check out goruck. seems overpriced to me but everyone is always swearing by them
if you need something absolutely waterproof then Patagonia's stormfronts are rly gud

idk about shoes they're the hardest part for good tech fits. i alternate between pilotenstiefel and solovair boots

>tfw I really about to drop $2K on an Acronym jacket, so I can flex on people on the internet and so that people in real life can make fun of me.

atleast youll have a nice, fitting and durable jacket thatll last you a long time

>
> thatll last you a long time
Nice meme

Which jacket, user?

Maybe I should just go for combat boots? Which brand should I go with? I'm balancing between S&W, Nike, and Underarmour.

nike sfb are actually a pretty safe bet
I've heard good things about the austrian meme boots but i don't own any so i can't say for sure
pilotenstiefel are great but i wouldn't use them for running or anything

Do you think we should name a style of techwear vigilantism as some seem to be something you'd straight up see in a comic book.

autism tends to help with the whole lack of self awareness required to wear this trash

The 11 x Salomon Jungle Boots

heh, sounds like Mallninjas x Techninjas
>he posts on Veeky Forums
Hmmmmm

doesn't make what i said any less valid faggot

a gaggle of Veeky Forumsggots

To those of you who actually own tech pieces: what's your favorite?

>$1500
Im about to do it, boys.

Why not wait until f/w drops this year and just buy directly from acronym?

They're gonna rerelease it? I looked at the f/w 2017 items and none of the jackets really caught my attention.

Ah, yeah, if nothing really caught you eye then go for it.
Just sucks paying resale.

Would anyone explain why Gore-Tex material's expensive?

might be fu

Is this techwear enough?

store.nike.com/ca/en_gb/pd/sportswear-bonded-woven-trousers/pid-11008271/pgid-11555053

Your link doesnt work for me for some reason, but the bonded woven pants are tech wear as fuck.

It's these

Can't tell if you guys are memeing or not does layering really works on sub zero temperature?

yes

I really don't like those straps on the center at all, it sticks out like a sore thumb I prefer something minimalistic

looks sick
do it and post detailed pics here

It's a teflon membrane. Not the cheapest material that has to be processed in a certain way.

Just bought this, too bad they dont have black color in stock and I ended up buying the dark blue one
Does it look dumb wearing dark blue with black tapered cargo ?

errolson pls shave that awful facial hair already jesus christ almighty