Should I buy luxury brands to show off wealth, Veeky Forums?

Should I buy luxury brands to show off wealth, Veeky Forums?

No.

Why not?

Explain

Buy the brands you genuinely like, above all else buy clothes that you look good in, and that are comfortable for you to wear.

Not him but actually wealthy people don't wear flashy luxury brands. That's for middle class and the nouveau riche and kids spending daddy's money. Wear well tailored and quality clothes and that will improve your image exponentially over an Hermes belt and Vuitton hoodie

Yeah, I understand that good clothes that are subtle but well tailored are superior to flashy branded belts or bags. But I have seen this study that says that displaying forms of luxury and wealth give a positive impact on your image, when they are also included in your look in a subtle way.

Most people wouldn't notice anyway if you don't wear stuff with flashy logos

your clothes should look expensive, not tell everyone they are expensive

You should not, as that is the behavior of vulgar new money. You'll look like a pajeet who made it big designating streets for poos. "Luxury" brands are literally created to scam dumbasses who don't know better.

an expensive watch should probably signal enough in a subtler way without having to wear big af logos everywhere else in some sort of luxury fuccboi way

What watch should I buy? Do you think that a 300US Hugo Boss is a good one or should I buy a 2500US Tag Heuer?

>should I buy clothes simply because brand name/price
No
Learn what makes good clothing good, build up a wardrobe that's actually good.
Buying shit purely based on price is retarded, you'll look like ass with expesive clothes that don't fit well, is a mish mash of ugly designs, don't fit well and or falling shit quality clothes

Is this watch good or is it overpriced garbage?

Eww no.
Please seek advice from the watch thread on /g/ or Veeky Forums
See Omega watches

There's no fucking way I can afford a fucking omega watch

boards.Veeky Forums.org/fa/thread/12666137

You're a plebeian

there is a way, it's called buying second hand

You want to buy clothes that fit you well, are comfortable and durable and which will not go out of fashion and are timeless pieces (i.e classic).

GENERALLY luxury brands offer such qualities, but do not get fooled by a brands name alone.

Having good quality fitting clothes will speak for itself, you wont need to show off labels.

See this m8

Omega is overrated as fuck. They were a comparatively shitty make that got marketed to hell and back.

For fuck's sake. Then what IS fucking good? Maybe I will just buy a cheap knockoff from Aliexpress so you fags won't keep complaining

Casio f-91w. Jokes aside if the purpose is status signalling then Omega is fine. But status signalling through clothing and accessories isn't appreciated by normies today. They status signal with vacation selfies.

garbage

if you want an omega only buy the original speedmaster professional man on the moon

fuck off m8

I bought a pair of chelseas from ferragamo, and one raw denim jeans from armani. Total cost was 1020 dollars. Are you sure you want to continue op.?

Yes, I do.

well, go on then post the results. Have fun kiddo

Actually you should OP. But dont buy the shittiest flashiest stuff you can find, cop some Cucinelli, Tom Ford, Ziggy etc You might not believe it but their pieces look expensive, they're quality made and they simply look divine. Of course , choose the right cut for your body type and always wear well fitted clothes.

*Zilli, not Ziggy , sorry for the autocorrect

this guy's so rich that he buys things from fashion houses even those brands aren't even good at chelseas or raw denim

Here's to you user. Stop with the conspicuous consumption.

are you wealthy op?

Only "new money" people flaunt their wealth with expensive clothes. All the guys I've met from really wealthy families wear flip flops and cargo shorts.