Architecture thread

architecture thread
Since there is no architecture /arch/ board in this website and photobucket charging for 3rd party hosting destroyed skyscrapercity I'm making my architecture threads here now. Post dank buildings. I'm moving this thread from /int/ so please don't be like "uhl, I mean only Art nouveau (or Neoclassical) architecture is real architecture because I don't like glass buildings"

Pic a model for the never built "Mauá building" in Petropolis by Brazilian architect Oscar Niemayer

one more building from him

Take this to /p you fucking idiot

Commie blocks stepping in

architecture is not only pictures

>you fucking idiot

the first post is not even real it's a model and now this is a planned city map, it's Brazilia and it has the shape of an airplane

And just general brutalism

Where is this?

if only the one they kept building in china were so well maintained I would love them
this reminds me of a shorter version of a building in my city, it's the one in the pic, Jk building, it has two towers and 5.000 units but now it's in shambles and only 1.000 people live there due to government and owners artificially inflating prices and tons of hobos living in the ground level bellow it

not a fan of extruded sections in buildings like this, I prefer the "much concrete not enough windows" kind of thing

What are most effay residental buildings to live in your city?

Here is New Arbat, Moscow

>tfw emailed moot for an architecture board way before he left
>he didn't even reply

Bijlmer, in the netherlands.

a plane flew into one of those buildings in the 90s

I go to the IKEA next to that building frequently

Sick multimonitor setup brah

most Veeky Forums

you think you're funny, hah?

actually laughed

lol Same. First thing I thought was is that the building next to IKEA in New Haven

Now I'm curious, where are you from/live user

Westchester county, about an hour from New Haven, around Greenwich. And yourself user?

ando is my favorite

Fairfield

I have a bud up there.

this building in my city creeps me out for some reason, what style of architecture would this be?

Damn that shit is tight

apparently ando designed the living space for Tom Ford's 22,000 acre ranch in Sante Fe (which also has it's own airport and the movie set for a western town)

Niemeyer building in Belo Horizonte (Brazil), it's a small town (2,5M) so it's a small building but it is situated in an amazing cultural circutuit

man fuck, that saucer is the abandoned building in bulgaria or something. i'd love to visit that before it either completely goes to shit or is placed under heavy surveillance

Is Brutalism Veeky Forums

do you even have to ask

i'll post some of my own architectural photography

Looks kind of dreary

i think it looks futuristic and optimistic, if a bit pragmatic

but just enjoy the pink building i'm posting now instead

Not sure how I feel about it. I'm torn

you like it

i can post more of that building if anybody wants, i took a shit ton of photos

This is giving me anxiety

I like you

how

it makes me relax

the initial abolition of unnecessary ornamentation would be more rightly blamed on the bauhaus school than le corbusier

he effectively made modernism more complicated and abstract, not less

fun fact, i got kicked out of the building after taking those photos

I'll dump a bit. I wish I had more art deco but I think it's on my old HD.

the only two good buildings here
and why did the picture of the church get photoshopped?

Loving this thread

from Ferenc Bán in Hungary
couldn't find a nice photo of the actual building, look it up

got renovated a few years ago

10/10, would climb stairs twice every day
also, this pic will be my office wallpaper, just to piss off my boss who still believes in the all-white buildings, all-black clothes meme (yes I'm an architect)

this is a fucking spaceship

Brutalism

go to sleep charles, everyone hates you

Holy fuck that view Where is this, user?

And why did you get kicked out? Looks like it's still occupied, cars parked out front. Is it because you were on the roof or something?

There's a criminal lack of Louis Kahn architecture ITT

>deco
I did some work in this bldg for a couple years. Art deco glory

Neither corbusier, nor anyone at bauhaus argued for the demolition of existing unnecessary ornamentation, as the comic makes it out to be.

calpe, españa. gorgeous place, mostly drunk older brits and germans and then me

it's called la muralla roja by ricardo bofill

it's still occupied, but yeah i just got kicked out because it's a private building

honestly i wish i would have decided to go at a better hour for lighting but i'm still happy with some of the photos i took

>tfw start as architecture undergraduate in less than a month

If theres a graphic design board theres absolutely no reason why there shouldn't be an Architecture/Design board. /ic/ is almost the best fit at the moment, but theres only a few archi students there and the threads never get past 20 posts or so

lmao
should we tell him