Books on the crusades, Christianity and other historical recommendations to read

books on the crusades, Christianity and other historical recommendations to read

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/7h8fASgv
pastebin.com/uB2cZDef
pastebin.com/6BhNAUYx
pastebin.com/WzdNxB71
pastebin.com/QYMYkwq8
pastebin.com/HuhtJEVD
pastebin.com/acVMikB3
pastebin.com/ibgv0LH6
pastebin.com/u/jonstond2
amazon.com/Jewish-Gospels-Story-Christ/dp/1595588787
oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780195393361/obo-9780195393361-0207.xml?rskey=exArKU&result=1&q=early christianity#firstMatch
oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780195389661/obo-9780195389661-0011.xml?rskey=exArKU&result=2&q=early christianity#firstMatch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Christianity
-Christianity: A Very Short Introduction
-A History of Christianity: The First Three Thousand Years
Crusades - Diamond
>The Crusades: The Authoritative History of the War for the Holy Land - Thomas Asbridge
>The History of the Crusades Vol 1-3 - Steve Runciman
>The Crusades : A 30 lecture series by the Teaching Company (Taught by Kenneth Harl)

Crusades bibliography:
pastebin.com/7h8fASgv

Chivalry bibliography:
pastebin.com/uB2cZDef

Jihad bibliography:
pastebin.com/6BhNAUYx

Muslim Spain bibliography:
pastebin.com/WzdNxB71

Charlemagne bibliography:
pastebin.com/QYMYkwq8

Papal Rome bibliography:
pastebin.com/HuhtJEVD

Papacy bibliography:
pastebin.com/acVMikB3

When God Spoke Greek is a recent book on the history of the Septuagint: the Greek Old Testament and the first translation of the Bible.

Hey guy, do you have the bibliography for the Roman Republic?

M8 just move to Malta and join the Knights of Malta AKA the Knights of St John AKA the Knights Hospitaller AKA an ACTUAL Crusader Knighy order that still exists.
I always love when cunts get all
Deus Vult I love me the crusades. Why mot go join an order then?

I don't have the full bibliography, but I would recommend this book on the topic:

Rosenstein, Nathan S., and Robert Morstein-Marx, eds. 2006. A companion to the Roman Republic. Oxford: Blackwell.

Before anyone asks, here's the Roman Empire bibliography:
pastebin.com/ibgv0LH6

And here is the list of bibliographies:
pastebin.com/u/jonstond2

autism: the post

Just watch RealCrusadeHistory

It's the most accurate and redpilled source

There is nothing culturally Marxist about his post. You just wanted to show off your spiffy new gif, didn't you?

Most cringeyworthy post on Veeky Forums

>Malta
>Knights of St John
Thanks, Napoleon

i've got it if you want

That'd be great senpai

1/5

3/5

Have to agree with Runciman's volumes for detail, can be dry at times but if you stick with it it's definitely worth it...

4/5

5/5

RC Smail - Crusading Warfare

Where do these Bibliographies come from? Who compiles them? Would be interested in checking them out...

from oxford bibliographies website. they're written by experts in the field that the article is part of.

most of the bibs aren't free except for an occasional article that is allowed to be visited for no reason. you can find the link to ones compiled by an user on this board that was able to access a few of them as the site seems to glitch sometimes and show the articles for free on occasion.

recommend me crusader movie pls

>Anno Domini MMXVI
>Not being bread pilled

There isn't, but he wanted to use his sweet /pol/ gif and buzz words.
I mean it was a joke buddy. You think that the knights of Malta are actually like their Hospitaller roots? But they are the same order in reality/history. But the purpose and message of the order has shifted more towards the medical field (if I'm not mistaken).

Children's crusade best crusade

Ironclad is pretty dope.

amazon.com/Jewish-Gospels-Story-Christ/dp/1595588787

Anyone got any books on early christianity? I assume at least some of covers it, but do they go in depth, and do it well?

oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780195393361/obo-9780195393361-0207.xml?rskey=exArKU&result=1&q=early christianity#firstMatch

these books
oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780195389661/obo-9780195389661-0011.xml?rskey=exArKU&result=2&q=early christianity#firstMatch