How to dress masculine

What are some rules for dressing masculine?
So far I've got
>no loose fitting clothing
>get rid of long hair unless you're built like a greek god
>substitute tshirts for polo's
>sneakers are out

Preferred brands
>Tommy Hilfiger
>Ralph Lauren
>Calvin Klein
>Lacoste
What are your thoughts on dressing masculine?

The only way to dress masculine is to be in shape, preferably with a v-taper

lol how insecure you gotta be

Nothing insecure about dressing to your body type. People who are in shape can't dress the same as skinny alternative people, it just doesn't look good on them.

Brands don't matter.

this.

you know how women will dress to accentuate their "femininity"? (curves, red lips, full long hair, high heels) etc. to dress masculine is to do the same thing. accentuate the qualities you have (physical qualities) that are male.

keep it simple and keep the fit right. show off what works for you. denim, preferably fresh and stiff looking, A-frame style shirts, some stubble, boots, make sure you can see the veins in your forearms. no pastels either.

if you got thick hair then it's an asset. keep your face clean. no dad or grandpa-tier pants. I like thin t shirts to lay on my body better.

what is an a-frame shirt? Can you provide an example?

dressing manly doesnt have to mean dressing upper class. an auto mechanic in baggy overalls and a greasy tshirt looks way more manly than a salad eating expresso sipping doctor in skinny kakhis and a v neck sweater.

Yea but we're talking about fashion

>tfw short and stocky

wheres that infograph already

What about backpacks? I feel like it's making me look like a huge nerd, but it's so much more convenient than messenger bags

There's more out there than just bright-colored polyester sacks.

Mine is black, but it is of a skater brand.

>being a yuppie is masculine

Always have your clothes in perfect state. No wearing the same jeans over a couple of days or that shit. Hair on point. And no piece of shit graphic tees

that's interesting understanding of masculinity you have here

Yeah. Keep it simple faget

>expresso

graphic tees are good, if they fit you properly. u can get good ones for 5$ at walmart. i just bought one, it has the joker face on it. it says "why so serious" lol, so funny.

IM DA JOKAH BABY

As per your rules, I almost fully agree. Sneakers are still acceptable for very casual look though.

As per the brands, I tend to disagree. Those brands are all about the logo (expect if you take Purple Label from RL) and I do not find oversized or extra visible logos very masculine.

Overall, I would say that appropriate clothes won't necessary imply masculinity but in other hand inappropriate clothes will for sure impact masculinity reflection. Unless you are a trendy hyped celebrity, then people will blindly forgive this new as new fashion statement.

>when you are so masculine you can't dare to wear different brands
Being a man of your own is more masculine than any Lacoste shirt will ever be.

>dress masculine
I'd think the most /effay/ way of being masculine is having very masculine features to begin with then dress to rather feminine tastes; the juxtaposition highlights said features

DCraig dresses like shit.

First things first - get a masculine body shape, preferable ascended ottermode.

Once that out of the way, the way to dress masculine is to dress like an adult, a.k.a trousers/shirt/blazer.
Basically what you want to wear is bizcaz/prep(do not refer to Veeky Forums prep threads as they are shit):

>dress shirt (no pockets)
>dress pants
>dress shoes (dont go cheap)+matching belt
>blazer/sports jacket
>accessories (pocket square/watch/ring)

Go for different shades of blue/grey/brown (a pair of light/dark blue/grey/brown trousers and blazers), for shirts you want different shades of blue and light pink/green/purple.

Like it or not, this is the way to dress. Even if you are not that Veeky Forums you will look loads better next to the trash streetwear teens that make up 90% of Veeky Forums.

step 1: be masculine
step 2: dress

Step 1 : look like the guy in your pic .
Step 2 : put some clothes on .

why would you ever wear anything of that if you don't need to, it would be autistic as fuck

Sure, keep wearing your anime head band, gucci tee and yeezy sneakers thinking you are the man. Fucking weeaboo.

so true. fucking douche. This whole thread is horr

Comfy old school prep is the only acceptable form of prep, but shitty nufrat seems to be the new favorite of the "redpilled" folk who use terms like "alpha male" unironically.

the dude in the pic looks like someone who would get picked on by the average male and called homosexual. not my opinion, just the vast majority it seems

Masculine core would be a dick owens tee with no bottoms and the tip of your penis visible at the end.

No pants. Show off your peenus weenus :)

first you act like a man

If you aren't wearing jeans and tucked in white shirts you are doing it wrong. That's why I prefer dyel ottermode cuz you look good in anything

Do you have what it takes to be maculine:
>face aesthetic
>height
>frame
?

THen no matter what you are going to wear you will looks good and masculine?

Are you ugglo babyfaced manlet? even 10k $ clothes will not change your apperance

the truth is harsh senpai

Being a fad victim is the absolute opposite of masculine, it's a kid's thing

samefag

>salad

That shit's for pussies am I right bro?

>Macy's tier brands

This must be a joke.

Lacoste used to be good, but is complete shit quality now.

Tommy Hilgifer is 90's negro tier.

RLP is the only thing okayish on that list.

Calvin Klein? Maybe if you are a lesbian.

i'm the first guy, funny enough i wasn't samefaing,

I just came to say this.

Calvin Klein is pretty shitty, Ralph Lauren is the only brand from the list I really like but it's a little too expensive for me. The only thing I've considered buying from Tommy is a black polo only because it's a lot cheaper than Ralph Lauren.

Lacoste shits all over RLP quality wise. The fuck you taking about?

chill dude this isnt your myspace page lol

this, a good shoulder to waist ratio is all you need

your basic compound lifts plus pullups will be more than enough

i hate that these shitty proportions are associated with being masculine, i dont have super long legs or anything but god damn these manlet-shaped celebrities NEVER look good

oh honey

Post a picture of your shape & outfit to teach us how masculine you are

Anyone know what that jacket is called?

Cardigan

A cardigan, and it's not a jacket, more like a sweater with front opening

shawl collar cardigan

get Veeky Forums
go simple
act like a normal human being

>ralph lauren the only brand i like

literally the brand of lower middle class wannabes to lower class ghetto trying to appear elevated.

The quality of Ralph Lauren is Iffy at best, Lacoste is leagues better than it.

>"brand I like"
You mean the regurgitated opinion you're spouting because you heard other people say 'wow man you have some ralphies?'

Ralph Lauren isnt BAD. Its just not great, or even 'good'. Simply okay. Its most definitely not worth the price. Arguably, if you arent going Purple Label, I wouldnt wear it outside of one or two polos AT MOST.

If you want better quality polos for a much cheaper (rest of their shit is expensive) just go to J Crew. You dont have to deal with that annoying logo either

Black label is decent and Purple label offers very good to outstanding quality. PL is overpriced yes but you can find some bargains online.

Masculine guys never really care about brands or any of the gay shit in this thread, just work out and wear nice fitted solid colored t shirts and decent jeans/shorts and you're good.

Maybe 10+ years ago. Or if you are talking about the small made in France line (which is almost entirely ugly). But if we are talking about the made in France line, then we should also be talking about the purple label.

Either way.

Lacoste is lower quality and higher priced currently. It used to be nicer. I recently tried to buy some new Lacoste polos and I was embarrassed. The material was ridiculously thin and uncomfortable to the touch. The standard RLP polos are both thicker and have a better texture. I wouldn't buy them though.

Sorry if you don't like objective truths

>implying a bunch of metrosexual who talk about clothes all day and wear skinny jeans know anything about masculinity or "manliness"

My thoughts:
>Simple close fit t, and durable, tough pants that still look like bizcaZ.
>earth-tones, they keep things quiet and they stay looking clean.
>shoes that will protect your feet while looking great
You gotta look masculine too, not just dress it. Gotta look put-together, in control of your life, attention to details not overlooked, in shape, and nothing that cries out for attention like a woman. Your posture alone can make you look more beta than your whole outfit put together. The way you walk can convey just as much. Idk that this question can truly be answered on this board, desu.

This is the harsh reality.

I don't entirely disagree, but I think that they know what brands suit them, so it appears natural and careless.

>brands

You dumb faggot. Masculine men don't care about "brands"

messenger bags look like shit just get a black backpack

How many of you incels never had fathers?

>comb your greasy hair and get a fucking haircut even if you keep it long don't get anything trendy just regular
>shave unless you can grow a real moustache or beard
>layer your clothing. T shirt, shirt, jacket, coat. Each one should look good if you take the top layer off.
>tuck your shirt in
>leather belt and leather shoes/boots
>blue jeans for everyday, black/gray slacks for office work/events. All other pants colors are out. Never wear patterned pants or shorts.
>never wear jewelry even a wedding band
>clothes should be cotton, wool, leather, linen, or silk. Plastic coats are acceptable
>clothes should be good quality, clean, free of tears/logos/designs/factory distressing, and fit properly

Even in poor countries like Mexico or the Philippines the men look better than 99% of the men in the states simply because they tuck their fucking shirts in. I don't know if it's the over consumption of garbage media or a weird phobia of looking decent but "men" in the states dress like complete shit.

This is the best advice, hands down. 100% manly. This is what I try to follow.

Screencapping this

There's nothing wrong with black jeans.

you sound like an autist. post a fit.

mexifag here
the last part isn't true most men dress like shit here

W2c boots

Everytime someone post about masculine looks fa get so triggered

I feel you man, I want to look like a high fashion model, not some fucking miniature chad

is that a runescape cosplay?

Not sure but it is as edgy as I am representing the cringe lord I was answering to.

Veeky Forums is even more insecure than Veeky Forums

Just don't. Let the gay flow through you man.

vros what kind of shoes should i be gettin for this look

Anyone care to explain to an unfashionable caveman what slacks are?

It's unmasculine to care about how masculine you look.

>tuck your shirt in
give me a good example of this, i wan't a good manly picture

you're damn right girl!

If your body and face look good you can literally just wear a nice pair of jeans and a plain white tshirt and look amazing.

Here you go. You're welcome.

Can anyone even try to tell me that this guy doesn't at least have the LOOK of being really fucking masculine down (even if he is really just a pissy liberal)

Have you ever actually been into a Calvin Klein store? I wear their underwear but that's about it, it's very gay

yo someone on Veeky Forums told me moustaches make you look like a faggot, is this legit? I had to get my throat stitched up so I had to get part of my beard shaved and I was thinking of just keeping my moustache

Here you go idiot

>skin tight pants one size too small
>parade boots
>masculine
kek

this only works if have 0% bodyfat

beta and gay
pic related > a real man

give a good example of untucked shirt. you can't it always looks underage

>no sneakers
I would say Stan Smiths when in casual mode could work