Virtual Divergrass

As some of you know the Cup is a virtual soccer tournament between various Veeky Forums boards that takes place four times a year: /lgbt/ just won the 2017 Summer Cup. The game is Pro Evolution Soccer and the matches are done AI vs AI with custom models and uniforms to match the memes of each team. It's completely ridiculous, and it's really quite a lot of fun.

Veeky Forums was one of the original 16 teams in the cup a few years ago but has had slightly spotty attendance since then, last competing in the Spring 2016 Cup. Take a look at their page below to read up on the team's history and see the old roster:

implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky Forums

Here's an old match as well:

youtube.com/watch?v=sz0tKZBu8nA

Do you want to see Veeky Forums compete in future cups? If so, please post in this thread. As long as there are a couple dozen board fans that consistently check in each season for any roster polls and the like, everything else for the team can and will be taken care of.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them. Oh, and post any ideas you have for new players- I think the team roster could use a good overhaul.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F5MZQpsfCTw
implyingrigged.info/wiki/2017_Veeky
youtube.com/watch?v=oo4Sqt2Bmag&feature=youtu.be&t=7s).
youtube.com/watch?v=ob3ktDxAjWI&feature=youtu.be&t=31s)-
youtube.com/watch?v=w28NKJJHPZM
discord.gg/FseKbt4
youtube.com/watch?v=oo4Sqt2Bmag
youtube.com/watch?v=_eLryuBCO-M
strawpoll.me/13786086
youtube.com/watch?v=oBHGxGPTsAI
youtube.com/watch?v=GA27aQZCQMk
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc1Yn-y3amyXzppijFyH7kxisxJ485qpEBtPJBIt019m_aKVg/viewform?usp=sf_link
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdJSB5hETWDgFsnO96dfiZ_CNg5O1tTgtLnoi3WQKcoOkh9iw/viewform?usp=sf_link
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yeah keep doing it

players should include
rick
raf
yohji

and i don't really care about the other 8 but, don't include any mention of techwear fags thanks

Maybe all variations on "is x Veeky Forums?"?

These need to be in the roster.

I'd love to see this :

Keep designers as players, ill do suggestions

Young Leo
Jawlet // Chinlet

in fact I have no idea either you make funny shit up like stupid cores based on these " standing in the corner " memes or full designer.

The party never stops boy, of course we're showing up next cup
I want Knoch, OiOi, Eliza/Ciara, "from the back" guy, and the full-rick jackass with the iPad from WAYWT as team members

this

Unfortunately that would preclude other memes from making the roster, so I think simply having "Is X Veeky Forums?" as a player would get the job done.

Having a few designers on the team seems to be key. Should Tricky Rick still be the captain?

Let's See the Back is an excellent idea.

Finding player names that are a balance between representing the board culture and being accessible to other viewers is a challenging but rewarding process.

I forgot about this other video of a lot of the best moments from the cup's older history. It'll do a good job of showing newcomers what to expect:

youtube.com/watch?v=F5MZQpsfCTw

That's the goalkeeper already.

Supreme

w2c cheap achilles alternatives
is aliexpress legit
Shia LaBeouf
kanye west

whats the shitty korean replica site? I can't remember the name, but they were making super cheap copies of shit

i think we need a tribute to dead trips, like that Canadian girl

taobao?

please don't put in eliza
the from the back guy is a great idea tho

you could try to make young stalin

when's the next games?

It's generally a bad idea to include individual Veeky Forums users as players on the team. Young Stalin was already on the roster before though!

Around Halloween! Details will be here:
implyingrigged.info/wiki/2017_Veeky Forums_Autumn_Babby_Cup

in

how does this roster look?

WAYWT
Hitler Youth
Is X Veeky Forums?
Coppernaut
Thinspo

Talk Shit Post Fit
Rick Owens
Raf Simons
Usually What I'm Dressed In
Yesstyle

Skin
Fuccboi
Lunarcore
Good Genetics
Bad Genetics

CHEERS
This Party Sucks
Receding Hairline
King of the Manlets
It Is What It Is

Geobaskets
QT GF
Adderal

stan smith should be a player

This

>not Club C's

Okay, I think we're getting closer to a good roster. I can create a poll in a little while if there aren't too many more ideas.

WAYWT
Hitler Youth
Is Making Saves Veeky Forums?
Coppernaut
Thinspo

Talk Shit Post Fit
Rick Owens (C)
Raf Simons
1994 Geotracker
Yesstyle

Jawlet
Fuccboi
Lunarcore
Shia LaBeouf
Is Aliexpress Legit?

CHEERS
This Party Sucks
Receding Hairline
King of the Manlets
It Is What It Is

Geobaskets
Stan Smith
Let's See the Back

The team also needs an anthem and at least one goalhorn. I think the current anthem is not very good (youtube.com/watch?v=oo4Sqt2Bmag&feature=youtu.be&t=7s). The goalhorn is an absolute classic though (youtube.com/watch?v=ob3ktDxAjWI&feature=youtu.be&t=31s)- it could also work as an anthem if need be..

Any music ideas?

We need Reviewbrah as a physical player - not just his catchphrase. He is /our guy/.

What about Lean, or Desu Guripu for the anthem ? Something less obvious than Fashion Killa

inb4 another episode of sabotaged by the manager

can we get the indian looking guy that always posts his face in the facial aesthetics and face rating threads please, cheers

Oh, that is entirely the plan. Depending on the extent to which the aesthetics people smile on the board, we should be able to get a model of reviewbrah to use for the player himself. It is however often better to use an associated meme rather than the person's name.

Have any DG tracks in mind? Note that an anthem needs to be about thirty seconds long. I actually think that this track would work quite well:

youtube.com/watch?v=w28NKJJHPZM

I am fairly certain that won't happen yet again. If nothing else the team can be run on autopilot with the cup management generating tactics for you.

By the way, here is a discord y'all can hop into if you want to. It isn't necessary but it provides much better continuity than few and far between board threads:

discord.gg/FseKbt4

>Have any DG tracks in mind? Note that an anthem needs to be about thirty seconds long. I actually think that this track would work quite well:
Don't listen to that pleb
Obviously the anthem needs to be IMA READ
youtube.com/watch?v=oo4Sqt2Bmag

How about a player called meme sneaker whose head is a shoe

Okay but are we gonna win for once?

Anthem
Asap Rocky Raf

Well, that song certainly has history with the team and the board, but I don't think it sounds very good as an anthem. But let's have a poll about it!

strawpoll.me/13786086

I like it.

Did you have a particular shoe in mind?

Possibly! How important is that to you?

Maybe one of the shoes by Michael Mummy?
Should the outfits be changed too or?

Can fat people be Veeky Forums?

nice clown shoes

fuck off back to /soc/

Accutane.

Vetements

please add to roster any of these

also song suggestion.

youtube.com/watch?v=oBHGxGPTsAI

>Do you want to see Veeky Forums compete in future cups?
yes, yes, a thousand times yes

Yeah I think the kits could be updated. The classic black kit should be refined but we can have a couple of alternate kits as well. Any ideas?

0:28-1:00 could work nicely for an anthem. what is he singing about?

It's time, brother.

or let's get the memes at max

Love the cup, and it would be nice to see Veeky Forums playing again

That was suggested a little further up, I think it's very Veeky Forums

Glad to hear it. If you've got Discord be sure to hop into the server I made here It's pretty much nothing right now but it will become an important hub of participation for fans (although it can never replace threads on the board itself).

For the kits, incorporate more Veeky Forumsscism? All black, except for swastikas, eagles what not. Very short pants. Jack Boots.

As for a nameL
Lunarcore didn't fly so good
Lunarcore fell to earth

Whens it going down?

I think /pol/ has swastikas and possibly even the hugo boss uniform on lock but I'm open to that avenue. can you post a little more inspo? and pic related is the template if anyone wants to take a crack at making a kit

see

It looks like we will be replacing IMA READ as the anthem with something fresh for this cup appearance. Any other suggestions before I make a poll comparing our options?

youtube.com/watch?v=GA27aQZCQMk

I took the suggestions in the thread for the anthem and made them into a poll. Everyone please take two minutes to do it!

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc1Yn-y3amyXzppijFyH7kxisxJ485qpEBtPJBIt019m_aKVg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Sorry for making you copy and past links but the timestamps are important because each anthem can only be 30 seconds longs. I'll post the results in a couple of days.

The shoe i had in mind was a Stan Smith, but perhaps a poll to decide the current meme shoe would work

Pull WW2 out of his context through excessive branding. Plaster the black tenue with white text (black + white = minimalism) written in Futura Heavy Oblique or Fraktur.

Veeky ForumsSCISM
MIGHT MAKES RIGHT
FIGHT FOR FUTURE
SI SI SI SI SI SI SI SI
HUGO BOSS
ROBUST UND FEST
/MLPOL/

or just pure black

Yesstyle

underrated

i'm so tired of this shit

you're not edgy or poignant

you're just a faggot

Do you really think I'm into Veeky Forumsscism? Its meant to take a piss at it.

>SI SI SI SI SI SI SI on clothing
that's actually a great idea

He's basically talking about Gosha being his best friend (probably not literal) and about being on trends and shit

If you care at all about exactly what the new anthem is then please participate in this poll! Otherwise it will just be me picking my favourite of the list and that is no good.

There's some promise there. But I am actually most excited about a PUSSY / NIGGA kit.

Thanks!

Okay, here's the roster poll. It should only take 2-4 minutes to fill out. This is quite important so everyone please fill it out! Also this docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdJSB5hETWDgFsnO96dfiZ_CNg5O1tTgtLnoi3WQKcoOkh9iw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Also, hi, I'm a former manager of the /p/ team. Since /p/ was culled for a lack of board support, I took a little break and then decided to go see if my other favourite board was interested in competing again and it looks like you are. So if you'll have me, I'll happily helm the team this fall (and beyond). I'm not the best at tactics but I'm trying to improve and I know how to do all of the background work to run a team. Sound good to you?

apologies for the self bump but I've gotten some questions about the verification questions. it is basically just a cup tradition to put some kind of mechanism into the polls to allow managers to filter out troll responses from people outside the board. in this case, you can put whatever you feel like in the last field of the polls. I am entirely open to other means of verification though! you can contact me in the discord if you want to discuss anything at length

discord.gg/FseKbt4

bump

WAYWT
Hitler Youth
Thinspo
Young Stalin
Talk Shit Post Fit
Rick Owens
Raf Simons
Yesstyle
Fuccboi
Lunarcore
Shia LaBeouf
Is Aliexpress Legit
Geobaskets
Stan Smith

Alright, here are the poll results. The write-ins were No Poo, Techwear, Sleazecore, Igor, R Y ยท Q V S S, Undercut, subtle anime clothing, and Geobaskets. Here's the nearly-final roster:

Rick Owens (G) (C)
Raf Simons (G)
Hitler Youth (S)
Fuccboi (S)
Stan Smith

Shia LaBeouf
Usually What I'm Dressed In
W2C
Young Stalin
Thinspo

Meme Shoe
Yohji Yamamoto
Let's See the Back
Talk Shit Post Fit
Lunarcore

This Party Sucks (GK)
Reviewbrah
1994 Geotracker
WAYWT
No Poo (GK)

Is X Veeky Forums?
Subtle Anime Clothing
Coppernaut

Any tweaks you want made?

And what do you want the Veeky Forums stadium to be? We can control the design of the pitch and possibly get some modelling done for the building itself. Any ideas?

thanks!

I included your votes in the poll

Veeky Forums confirmed patrician taste

Only use the SUPREME logo as texture for the stadium.

So just a giant SUPREME logo drawn in the grass all the way across the pitch?

... I like it. Any other ideas? And what do you want our ball to be? What object should challengers kick around when they come to our stadium?

Glad you like it!

I meant, everything is SUPREME. The audience, the grass, the tribune, the sky. May be too much.

isnt it better to wait for the template that includes a skirt

I think there's promise in there.

We won't get that. There are two ways to change the looks of a player. One is to remap the textures on the ingame shorts and jersey- that's what the template is for. The other is to make custom 3D models to replace the ingame clothes or faces, essentially, which is how a skirt or drop crotch sweats would be made. All the same, it would be good to have another kit made that can be achieved just by editing the ingame clothes.

There already exists in the cup a skull ball. Is that Veeky Forums enough or can anyone think of a more board appropriate object?

bump

How is Huck not in the roster?

DANIEL WELLINGTON

Appreciate it.

He was never mentioned! Suggest him in the next roster poll.

SHITTY FASHION WATCH

Well if there are no objections I'll helm the team then. We're confirmed for competing in Autumn now. I'll make a thread about it in a month's time or so: the tentative date for the Fetus is the weekend of October 13. Hop into the discord if you want to stay in touch between now and then while I work on the team. See you soon, brothers.

implyingrigged.info/wiki/2017_Veeky Forums_Autumn_Babby_Cup_Qualifiers

discord.gg/FseKbt4