How do you come to terms with how you look in the mirror...

How do you come to terms with how you look in the mirror? I am above average and probably have the potential to look pretty good if i took better care of myself, however i keep growing increasingly more unwilling to show myself outside because i feel uglier and uglier. The better i dress the more i feel like i dress like shit because it feels like i do not know shit.

Self perception thread fa, do you think you are ugly or real nice looking? does your self perception change throughout the day? For me my latest mirror glance always dictates how the next hours will feel mentally, until i get a good version of myself through a reflection

i like to think im good looking but i feel ugly sometimes, i look like alexander skarsgard but female and idk if that works

Therapy
Knowledge of various self help methods
Good habits
Discipline

I have narcissistic personality disorder so I think I look great all the time :-)

Is it genuinely diagnosed? If so do you understand that its a delusion?

Yes it is indeed professionally diagnosed. I do understand that it's a "delusion" but I don't really care. I know I look good and I know other people know I look good. I never have self confidence issues because I know that other people love talking to me and being around me.

It all depends on my hair, most of the time, and skin. But most of the time I feel like I look shit no matter how many times people tell me that I am cute. It's all about confidence

Dress like a basic bitch. 99% of the shit you see on Veeky Forums is ugly as hell to the majority of people you meet. If all you care about is how you are percieved then stay as far away from Veeky Forums as possible.

At least you're honest about your looks, humility is a sign of intelligence and suggests that you're probably not as bad as you think you are. People who believe they're good looking are often deluded, and some of the most beautiful people I know have extremely low self-esteem.

Don't rely on the mirror too much, it'll distort your perception of yourself. Always remember that your mirror image does not look exactly like you in real life. Get a second opinion from someone else in real life, assuming they won't lie to you.

Stop browsing Veeky Forums.
For real.

We are similar, OP. I also think I could look pretty good with some work, but I would give myself a 6/10 on most days.
I even doubt the "with some work" bit to be honest. I always had low self steem and whatever I did to better myself just marginally improved my confidence, losing weight and using braces, for example.
Those last few months have been specially difficut for me, I had a surgery to fix my jaw (turns out the braces were not enough) and now my face is pretty different from what I was used to, also a bit swollen and crooked in some places (paresthesia).
The daily fear of regreting it feels amazing.

I would be a 10/10 godlike man if it wasn't for years of adderall and early onset baldness making me look beat and old. I would kill ten babies to fix the adderall and a hundred to be able to talk younger me out of doing adderall.

Good part is I still look 10/10 in the dark or if I wear a hat.

But you know that someone actually diagnosed that what you "know" is wrong, right? The diagnose is based in you thinking you know things that are actually untrue.

That said even though you're probably a grade a cunt that nobody likes, confidence goes a very very long way.

I guess I'm probably somewhere between below average/kinda ugly looks.

You just kinda get used to it after being exposed to it every time you walk in front of a mirror.

Used to bother the fuck outta me desu but over time I stopped giving a damn about things that are (mostly) outta my control.

That's their opinion, that I have a disorder that makes me self-obsessed, but I just think I'm worth obsessing over. I know I look good. I know people love talking to me. I know I'm great company. I'm definitely not a cunt, I'm amazing.

I have some imperfections that deviate from the "ideal" like underdeveloped maxilla and not having Chad like jaws but I'm very happy with how my face turned out. When I look in the mirror I can't help but say, damn I'm good looking

If you wear a beard, never ever shave if you've forgotten what you look like underneath it all

feeling legit like visiting Gandy now Tbh

U are me

-Lose weight
-Fix your posture
-Fix hygiene

Just this much is enough to turn an ugly son of a bitch into an ugly son of a bitch who tricked everyone into thinking that they are an otherworldly beauty

>do you think you are ugly or real nice looking?
I know I'm not god-tier, but I also know I'm way far from the worse.
>does your self perception change throughout the day?
Usually after hectic work hours, I do not look fresh, but I can fix that.
>mirror thing
You and I are the same, but I've felt that countless times for years now, I'm so tired of being sad just because my look on tge mirror isnt fresh. So now I just sorta dont give a shit now. My mindset is just "fix it and get over ASAP" avoid unneccesary hassle and stress

>Discipline
What discipline are you talking about ? Is it discipline of not looking into the mirror ?

What if I look worse than what's shown in the mirror?

I think I'm good looking and If I go out in something I end up not liking or puts me off I get really frustrated and embrassed because I like to coordinate my look exactly the way I plan. Really, it's all about finding your personal style. Unless you can afford it and it makes you happy, don't dress to be "fashionable". I don't dress in high fashion or follow/conform to the latest trends but I'm still knowledgeable. Presentation is more important and yourself as an individual is more important than what some Taiwanese World War Two Memorabilia Collector imageboard thinks.

... this has to be bait

No user, it's probably not. This is actually how people with NPD think. It's like they live in another world where they're God's gift to everyone.

I feel like having NPD would have an amazing benefit in which...

you think everyone likes you
and you're not afraid of being an asshole because you think everyone likes you

no self-consciousness or problems w your appearance

become narcissistic about your self appearance.
confidence makes even the basic of clothing look good

I must be full-blown dysmorphic at this point. I can't even tell what I look like because every time I look, it is like a whole new, different person.

I can analyze my features individually and say "this isn't so bad, that isn't so bad, this is an uncommon and desirable trait." I can look at other people and say to myself "yes, I look somewhat like them." I can stop and think: I'm skinny, I have good grooming, I wear clothes that fit, my skin is clear and has never had acne. But whenever I see myself as a whole it absolutely disgusts me and leaves me in a state of deep depression and self-loathing.

Going to any store with mirrors feels like navigating a minefield. Especially irritating of late is that many places with self-checkouts have now added cameras and screens, presumably to remind idiots that someone is watching. But accidentally catching a glimpse of my face on a fish-eye lens under fluorescent lights is enough to ruin my mood for a week.

I oscillate between thinking I'm ok and the ugliest being to ever walk on Earth.
When I think I'm ok I'm almost confident, when I think I'm ugly I detest my face so much I don't recognise myself in a mirror.
I used to have even lower self esteem, and that would happen constantly, to the point I thought I was being followed because I wouldn't recognise myself in the reflection of windows or cars.
I've started taking care of myself now, which also means clothes and fashion, and that is helping too. I still generally dislike how I look, but now I know that it's not actually that bad and more a problem of self esteem than actual looks.
I still can't take compliments, because it feels like they're mocking me rather than being genuine, or just being kind, if it comes from a friend.

good thread

i've struggled with this so i'll put down some thoughts

a bad self perception is most likely the root of a lot of your problems. like dating, socializing, making friends, social anxiety... once you change your self perception you'll be surprised how many other things in you life change

you'll be happier more motivated more creative and a bunch of other things

self perception is not a fixed thing. you can change it, you can make it better of worse. its up to you.

to make it better you have to do things that you would be proud of if you told someone else. simple things can actually raise your self perception pretty easily.

things like.

>waking up early
>keeping your house / room clean
>exercising
>not wasting a lot time on dumb shit (facebook, video games, tv, etc)

a big key to self perception is discipline

discipline breeds a good self perception

thats why so many people that do /nofap/ report having increased confidence and motivation

it's not because of the chemicals in your brain like those retards say

it's because they are doing something that requires extreme self discipline, and the discipline they are building from that is also raising their self perception which makes their confidence levels go up

another thing is goals

setting goals and working toward them will also raise your self perception (another reason why nofap people get the benefits they do)

last thing i got is thoughts

you also have to think better about yourself, don't lie in your bed at night and think about all the reasons you're a piece of shit. lie there and think about all the good things you've done, all the things you're good at etc... it might feel weird at first but just make it a habit to think positively of yourself and to shut down negative thoughts bc they are invalid

Not the person you replied to but I've met two people with NPD that were actually diagnosed.

The first was the perfect outgoing person, said whatever they liked whenever they felt like it and assumed that since everyone loved them, they'd love what he said. Most of the time they did, he was literally the life of the party and everyone did actually love him.

The second was the most arrogant fuckwit I've ever met. He didn't listen to anyone ever because he assumed that he always knew best about everything. Even if someone was like "Hey dude I think that maybe we should look at this instead" he'd instantly come back with this incredulous "Are you fucking joking?" like he was genuinely shocked that someone has questioned his judgment.

So it's a bit of a double edged sword, but definitely some massive benefits with confidence.

Try and find whats wrong and fix it if possible. The problem with mirrors is that whatever you see in them is flipped and slightly warped depending on the mirror. You could look better in some mirrors and worse in others. But for the most part, if you have the slightest bit of asymmetry, you'll find yourself preferring what you've seen in the mirror rather than real life because you're used to seeing yourself in the mirror.

I should add that this is the reason why people flip their profile pictures in social media, especially on snapchat.

good post

When I look at myself in the morning first thing I think I look like a bridge troll, but when I do it right before bed I think I look hot as fuck. It's also pretty dependent on how my hair looks that day.

Lmao

Everyone always thinks they are "above average"

If you're attractive, girls eyes will light up when you talk to them for the first time.

If that doesn't happen, you're not attractive lad.

This.

If my hair looks right I look like a greek/roman god. If my hair is greasy, Unkempt, or off I look like trailer trash or a foreign/eastern european restaurateur

I'm just insecure about by acne and oily/red face skin problem.

Other then that I'm pretty confident in my looks and never had any problems going out until I got into puberty and this acne and oil shit started breaking out.

Every girl finds something else attractive

What did he mean by this?

Seriously, I don't get it.

I'm a girl. I don't consider a lot men attractive that another girl does, and the 3rd girl doesn't like what I find attractive nor what the first girl does. The same as a lot of boys compliment me for my looks/style, and a lot of boys say that I look bad. The same with boys who like small breasts and boys who like bigger ones

>do you think you are ugly or real nice looking?
i know with certainty that i am significantly below average in terms of appearance

>does your self perception change throughout the day? For me my latest mirror glance always dictates how the next hours will feel mentally, until i get a good version of myself through a reflection
yeah. i avoid mirrors as much as possible, if i can go all day without seeing myself i feel a lot better.

Nice try but I never listen to what a woman has to say. Biggest mistake a man can do. Especially ones that browse Veeky Forums

All I'm going to say is, I know you are trying to be nice, i grew up with sisters. but don't pretend like a single girl on earth is gonna turn down a 6'3" tall dark and handsome dude. Some things are universal.

It goes both ways mate

>Dark
I would in a second, the same as most of my female friends
>6'3"
I don't care about height as long as he is taller than me by at least 1cm
>Handsome
Everyone sees handsome as something else

What the autist was trying to say is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. While I may find that a certain person is good looking someone else might have a different opinions because of his/ or her tastes in the opposite sex

Tdlr good looks are subjective

I look like however the fuck I do, surgery is silly, it's part of growing as a human being to accept these kinda things as part of who you are
I just don't give a damn really, I look however the fuck I do, I probably don't see myself 'objectively' or the way other people see me and I can never get that perception so why worry about what I look like?
Life's too short anyway and people posting here are probably young and at their absolute prime, don't fucking worry about this shit, you have youth and that's the most valuable thing ever.

Tom Waits looked like a goofball as a kid, then he got old and started to look like charismatic fucker alive and like he has seen some serious shit.

What do people even mean by "dark"?
Dark hair? Dark skin?

I'm curious, why do so many girls nowadays dislike blond hair? It seems every time a dude has the meme black hair/blue eyes combo girls are all over him.

Considering his use of dark it meant skin, in which case it would be also hair and eyes

test

I'm not sure, maybe because of contrast? I personally dislike blue eyes on people, they rarely look good. As to blonde hair, well, every boy I met that had them blonde looked bad/was really creepy, I met many guys of different hair colour like that too, of course, but somehow I never met (irl) a good looking blonde guy

Google "tall dark and handsome". It means dark hair with darker skin tone (I.e. Mediterranean level tan skin usually)

Every hair colour might look good, depending on who has it I suppose

I don't mind tan but I like porcelain skin a lot more, also as I have it that light, white person with a darker skin would make a weird contrast standing next to me

jews have demonized aryan men and idolized africans. thats why, its also why your race is going extinct

>>Dark
>I would in a second, the same as most of my female friends
Probably asked already but dark hair or dark skin?

tall dark and handsome always refers to aryan europeans not african niggers obviously

I'm eastern European so I don't have blonde hair. I think blonde hair is really aesthetic but a lot of girls I've talked to about it say its not as attractive.

Dark skin, as, black/brown, I dont mind tan that much. When it comes to hair I like brown the best but I wouldn't find someone unattractive because of hair colour

nice reddit spacing you fucking illiterate piece of shit redditor cunt fucking clown mongrel get the FUCK off MY BOARD R333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

blame jew media brainwashing white countires. blonde haired chads used to be the epitome of sexyness, but nowadays i guess a somali refugee with aids is the epitome of sexyness according to jewberg media

"Pure" blonde goes well with feminine face I suppose, most men can't pull it off. Men are somehow more attracted to blonde girls though

I read this and just chuckle at all the insecure kids in this thread who visit Veeky Forums often and will feel anxious about this. I hope you guys realise the very reaction you are having is the very reason your sister wants to keep my dick drained

This but unironically

sisters^

"When I look in the mirror my face don't match."

Check out this anonymous internet tough guy. I'm white and have dated plenty of light skin girls, the only attractive lightskin black girls always go for white guys, why is this?

I don't have a sister. I don't visit Veeky Forums often. You sound the most insecure of all of us

Because if they got pregnant dad would stick around

>implying

Great another thread derailed Into a /pol/ shitstorm.

>inb4 dudes pretend to be girls just to add fuel to the flame

Of course, because only guys go on Veeky Forums and girls don't exist and never comment on anything

It has never been blonde haired guys that were viewed as attractive by women, it's always been dark hair. People have tried pushing blonde hair on men since the Nazis but that shit just hasn't worked out.

I grew up in Mississippi around black people and would always hear Tyrone's complaining about how the "fine lightskin bitches" are traitors or whatever by only being with white guys. You guys are mad as fuck about this no matter how much you try to play it off.

I never minded newfaggotry, the different waves of so called "cancer" but holy fuck if /pol/ isnt the worst wave that ever happened. Any discussion had on any board is legit doomed to end up to shit because of these kids

Why do you quote me? I am not

What little girls that browse Veeky Forums are damaged goods never worth taking seriously on anything. /soc/, /mu/ are proof. Only summerfags take their opinion on anything seriously.

And yes, half the time it is dudes pretending to be girls for trolling sake.

Am I ugly? Pic related are my ID cards. Starting from 2012, then 2015, and finally current

Its true either way. He sees the post

>posting your face on Veeky Forums

Ishygddt

I got here only because I saw my boyfriend looking at posts here so I was curious. You act like it's some sort of le deep web secret page that only certain people can visit

Doxxed on fa? Nuuu

shh dont tell him 2007 was ten years ago

No, its just if I found out my gf browsed Veeky Forums I would legit consider dumping her. Its a massive red flag. Not a case of much secret club

You are browsing Veeky Forums, do you hate yourself that much?

If my boyfriend considered leaving me because I see people post on something that is not Facebook or Instagram, it would mean that he never was serious about relationship

Its different for girls, unironically.

Girl that browses Veeky Forums has a 95% chance of being a slut/druggie/direction less thot. Every time. Again, look at /soc/ or boards like /mu/.

t. Virgin

>Facebook

Hello grandma! Get with the times. Ive been on Veeky Forums long enough to see how almost every girl on here is undesirable in one way or another that is damaging in the long term. Get defensive all you like and throw out your buzzwords.

I guess it's all about which boards they do and what they post? It's not like once you go on Veeky Forums, you are everywhere, some people stick to 1-2 boards

Author of "t. Virgin" here
I didn't get defensive. I just saw your post while lurking. What you wrote sounds like it was written by some sexually frustrated. Anyone who says "95% of girls from 'x' are always 'y'"

boards are anonymous by default.

are you mongoloid? there are posts in every thread you read that are written by girls who have never posted their face on soc.

But lets work more on your statement,

what does visiting Veeky Forums say about a man then? let me hear your sweet prophecy of light dear

You know, Facebook is a thing, it doesn't matter if you like it or not. What buzzwords did I use? Are you surprised that people who leave their SO because of them visiting a website which is just normal are considered not serious in relationship? I know what I'm talking about, but you seem to be angered by my existence alone. Also, how many of these girls did you meet irl? And how did you know who is a girl and who's not?

This Veeky Forums attracts classless women.

It attracts sjw tumblr tier women but for some reason it attracts conservative men

"undesirable in one way or another that is damaging in the long term"

- Fat virgin living at home

>What buzzwords did I use?
Nevermind this, I didn't notice it wasn't towards me

You know that a big part of this "conservative men" you saw here is women that you didn't know are women because they don't talk about their gender?