Long Hair Advice

When growing out hair like pic related, should the top of your hair be the same length as the sides, a bit longer or shorter?

Yo listen to me, don't grow out your hair you are not a model and will not look good, you will look like a greasy autist. That's my long hair advice.

this it never works unless you have the right genes

Ehhhhh

Id have to disagree. I know a few guys who are better looking with long hair like OPs pic

Bumping I want an answer too, my hairs really thick but I do get some luscious locks going. I've been growing it out since a buzz cut last November

if you dont have thick, dense hair, dont bother. you will just end up looking like this guy

he looks chill

There is a long awkward phase and then the payoff is worth it.

i cut my own hair, its either a full no-guard wahl buzz all over including my beard, or i let it all out

sometimes ill buzz my beard, sometimes i wont, sometimes ill buzz just my head starting just at ear level (where my glasses sit, about a fraction below that)

or sometimes i let my hair grow out which im currently doing.

went out an bought a wet brush pro to use cause normal combs are shit for bulky hair, currently after i brush my hair back after my shower and it dries i have a marco peirre white look where its slightly curly in the back and just past the ears

and i dont use or need any product, i could use the wet brush

as far as getting the hair cut or trimmed or thinned out, i never bother, also if you need to put it in a ponytail, if you cut your bangs shorter they'll never stay put, you need the front bangs to get as long as possible as quick as possible

this is a perfect example of what i DONT want, i hate that thinned out shit which is what you'll get if you keep going to the barbershop while trying to grow out the hair

it should be shorter on the sides, it gives your hair a nice shape

just to help you guys out, pic related is me about a year ago. Currently trying to get it to this length again, I wouldn't cut it before you grow it out honestly, wait till it's pretty long and then trim and get it to your desired lengths. I was and still am doing no poo if it helps.

I have always hated being a paki, but god bless my hair genetics, at least i wont look like a old balding hippie

What is your hair like though? I'm An Indian guy with shoulder length hair and it's wavy and coarse. I find that straightening it is the only way to make it look decent otherwise it ends up looking like a lions mane

if your genes are celtic enough and your hair is curly AND you wash it regularly you can pull it off. Otherwise into the trash it goes

1981 wasnt last year bud

Pretty much this.

Unless you're a model, or your hair is really thick, you'll look retarded.

Should i have the back of my hair the same size if i got long hair?
I have what looks like an overgrown mullet that looks awful.

It's from my license amigo

I had long hair up till this week but I couldn't make it work damnit. I'm growing it out now to try again but it looked shit most of the time. It might have something to do with that I never visited the barber for maintenance but there are people who never do anything with their long hair and it looks great, I am not one of them I guess.

get your hair trimmed and lose the mullet

Stop useing shampoo. When washing hair use warm water not hot. Before finishing a shower wash your hair in cold water. Then when drying hair stroke in one direction don't scruff it up. You can still use conditioner but not on the roots. One week out of the month give your self a 5 minutes scalp massage. Then repeat next month. Don't let intense heat around your hair.

u r a cutie, i like the look

been looking for a change of style, but i've had this style since the end of high school basically... idk if i should keep it or not, the front looks good but the back can be messy at times.

I have shit tier face genetics (as well as facial hair genetics). Some people like my hair long.

No one answered OP question

Yeah it works in the pic because the guy is genuinely attractive

Im growing mine out from a long undercut. I personally like it better than when i grew it out from a buzz but idk if i want to grow it or cut it still

Is it time to let it go? Part of me really wants to, but i love how soft it is, and since i have really thick hair, it gets nice volume. However, it's starting to get a bit unruly and i feel like it is starting to highlight my tall hairline, although part of is a pinch worried that it'll get worse if i cut it since i have such a fuck huge head. Thinking maybe it just needs a trim at the least (grew it out from short hair) and maybe some sea salt spray

I meant the length of the hair in OPs pic, not attractiveness. I don't know where you are from, but a lot of people my age (18-24) who play uni/college sports such as futbol, lacrosse, and tennis have their hair this length. Even skaters (my brother skateboards and a lot of his friends have this length) Then again, we're all slim/athletic bodies, not some unkept lazy slobs. I believe when it starts getting shoulder length is when you have to worry about attractiveness because the length will start being compared to a girl. Then again if you are ugly, you're ugly. Whether your hair is long or short, your face will still be the same. But I would say OPs pic/hair is not even that long, maybe long for everyone who has to grow it out from a hitler youth that is posted all over this board, but in my opinion, OP pic is medium length hair.

He deff faps to my little pony That does not look thick. Looks awful bud. Perverted basement dweller

You look crazy gay

yeah that is not thick hair lol

;j

Can't you just wear a hat?

either get a haircut or wear a beanie

I grew my hair out during the winter so i hid the awkward middle stage without getting any trims by using beanies

Fair enough most people tell me it's thick as fuck but it's probably more of the volume i get after i shower

Cheers lads

who tf told you you have thick hair. I'm paranoid about balding and I'm not even half as bad as you lol.

Denial is a hell of a drug my friend

What?
My hair is already long.

Thick, slightly curly, i use a little bit of argan oil to achieve the same kind of hair as OP pic.

It does look a bit frizzy, do you use shampoo?

From personal experience shampoo kind of kills my hair. I just use a conditioner maybe twice a week and put a little bit of oil in it sometimes after showering. My hair is shorter now (growing it out again) but this is what it looked like right before I got it cut.

i miss my long hair

how did you get the back so long? ive been wanting it like that for ages!

is my hairline too fucked for long hair? Ive been applying argan oil every 2 days and my hair is getting stronger by the day

no its fine, Veeky Forums is making you paranoid. Also what brand of Argan oil do you use?

just homemade. not any brand

This. As both a chinet and a jawlet, no hair style suits my malformed face.

darksydephil?

fuckyou

im not him but thats naturally how your hair grows in the back (almost looks like a mullet sometimes). Its the hairs on the back of your head/neck near the bottom simply growing out to the same length as the top.

wow cheers buddy, I've been cutting them like the autist I am

I'm waiting for the awkward phase to be over

>(grew it out from short hair)

as opposed to growing it out from longer hair?

good news its over, if your hair doesnt look good its because you're not good looking, hair is plenty long by now

Do you straighten your hair? Looks like the best case scenario for me if I keep growing my hair out. My hair is thick AF, last cut was a buzz last November

If I have thin hair can I pull off this look?

this look could be good for a hippie sleazecore, something like Ron from gta

Too curly I just hope it's gonna straighten with more length

not really, I would suggest having lots of protein in your diet and using ginger juice and argan oil on your hair to thicken it.

I've been growing my hair for a little over 18 months, no haircuts since then. I'm just wondering what to do with the back. Do I cut it so it's more even with the front? Or should I just trim it up a bit, or just leave it? Also any other suggestions?

Currently I never use shampoo, just room temperature or colder water, and I let it air dry.

i like it you look like Jon Snow with it Curly like that

You could trim the back a little bit, but not too much

Have you ever tried straightening it with an iron? Do you ever brush it? What climate do you live in? My hair used to curl like that when I lived in Florida and was at the beach/in the sun all the time. I moved up north for college and its much straighter now, mostly I believe due to non saltwater/sun/ different climate

>have you ever tried straitening it with an iron? Do you ever brush it?
Nah I'm scared of damaging it with an iron, I am curious what it would look like though. I guess trying it out once wouldn't hurt. As far as brushing goes, I run my fingers through it to get out the tangles, I don't use a brush though. I tried it when it was shorter but it looked weird so I haven't tried that since.
>What climate do you live in?
I live in Canada near the Atlantic Ocean, so it's fairly humid in the summer. I'm sure in once summer is over it will be less curly though.

How do you get it to part on the side like that without having a hair line showing the split?

Just buy some Pantene smooth heat protecting spray and spray it all over your hair before ironing. My girl uses that and I use it sometimes. It works really well. My hair only gets curly on the bottom near the back so if I have any presentations/job related events i will straighten it. Before in the south, all of my hair was wavy/curly from roots to ends.

What is this cut

thanks user I'll check it out. Yeah when it gets really humid I almost have an afro

hey, so desu it just happened naturally, it does have that mullet effect and really shows when i cut my hair shorter with the same style. people think i layer my hair so maybe if you want the back long try that out...?

It's not Fucked up at all, go for it

Hair relaxer. Go to an afro saloon and ask for it. Ever wondered how some black people have straight hair? It's either a wig or this.

i like these 1

Fuck. I wish I could look like my own girlfriend so I could fap to myself in front of a mirror.

Don't listen to this retard. If you're skinny/fit and can grow a beard, long hair is a way to go. I'm rather ugly, but I can grow full beard and people tell me that I look much better with long hair

>Hair relaxer
doesn't it damage your hair and induce hair loss ?
Even if less effective I'd just rather moisturize it and keep a bit of curl

Just started growing my hair out but I'm not sure I have the face shape for it and can't grow a beard to save my life. Thoughts and suggestions? It's not too late to just cut it short again

Usually, I don't wash it daily because it doesn't get all that greasy, but on the second or third day I'll use some shampoo + conditioner.

Do you water rinse yours daily? I might experiment around with some oil and what not just to get it healthier. (I figured I'd donate it at least, so might hold on to it a bit longer)

What conditioner do you use?

How do I make my facial hair grow. Also when should I give up. I'm 20 and my facial hair barely grows and it's patchy, do I need to work out more or something?

>don't grow your hair out if your going bald

gee what awesome advice

Or bald?

Leave it. It's cute.

Yeah believe what they tell you good goy they making fun of your grease head

Nope, you just don't have good beard genes. Keep it clean shaven and suck it up. Beards are overrated anyways.

I think your problem is the styling. It's parted too far to the side for such straight hair, that part only works if it has way more volume. Layering it a little would also help.

not him but how do you not wash it daily, when ever i dont i feel like i have a bunch a dirt on my head

It might not be ideal but it doesn't look bad at all. Keep it for now.

However if it does end up going you look like a buzzcut would suit you well.

looks hot
yr kind of at the awkward phase but its actually not that awkward, it'll get worse once the sides hit a certain length
but persever bro i think it'll work on you

So how to part it? I've just been pushing it to the side for a while. Should i hit up a stylist and get it layered?

I may have a weak hairline, but it's been like this for a long time. I'll just go back to short on sides with some volume on top. Cheers though user, i might just get it trimmed at the least

My hair is dry as FUCK. So usually i don't wash every day just because it doesn't get too greasy. (if anything, it looks a bit better and less frizzy after a day

>Not faping to yourself in front of the mirror
What's wrong if ya, BRO?

You're one of those retards that can only handle having their hair short because you have no idea how to take care of it. I'm really sick of seeing all men getting undercuts because it's easy, the style is boring at this point.

Almost anyone can have long hair you just have to take care of it, use the right conditioner, use the right products, dry it a certain way. If you just let your hair grow and expect to look like Avan Jogia you're an idiot and will end up looking like . For some reason people think that all you have to do with long hair is grow it out when there is so much more to it, long hair is by far the hardest hair to maintain.

I have been growing my hair out and I'm having so much fun with it. I have thick hair so that helps a lot but it could easily look autistic if I didn't condition it and put product in it.