Korean fashion / 스타일

Can we have a thread about Korean fashion? I recently spent a whole academic year in South Korea and was surprised how fashionable every person seemed to me. The style is definetely very homogenous with everyone wearing many of the same patterns, but it still looked pretty good to me compared to the style I see in my home country (Finland).

My mother came to visit Korea and commented that to her it seemed that many people dressed like kids and it was funny to her. I definetely saw a lot of shrits with english texts on them that made little or no sense at all - I guess they dont care what it says on the shirt as long as it is in English.

I'll post some pictures to start (starting with a prime example of the english text shirts)

Other urls found in this thread:

koreaboo.com/buzz/vogue-names-bts-best-dressed-at-the-billboard-music-awards/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nobody messing with you with this Korean hardcore jacket

"SOUTHKOREA" IS A DECULTURALIZED, JEWIFIED, PSEUDOCOUNTRY THAT IS VIRTUALLY A COLONY OF ZION —THE MOST DYSTOPIC PLACE ON THIS PLANET BESIDE ISRAEL.

STOP SPAMMING THESE THREADS.

first post is bts

Of course, bangtan for life

koreaboo.com/buzz/vogue-names-bts-best-dressed-at-the-billboard-music-awards/

I like Jimin and Rapmon the best of all the members
Their style is just insanely cool

I like Jimin (that smile - no homo) and J-Hope because he is just a very funny guy

korean style is basically just a cleaner version of western/american popular artists style, especially aping (lol) hip hop acts in a more sanitized fashion. also, as you said, there are definite trends and the kids generally all dress the same out of fear of being ostracized. Regarding local designers, it's mostly shit and can't compare to Japan.

zicos hair looks so fuckin stupid
nice fits

*low-key spams pictures of Rapmon

Where to cop J-Hopes shirt ?

money can't buy taste: the thread

You're right. Especially the hairstyle, baring the ankles, english-print shirts and hats were something that I saw countless times. Especially in the university area it was mostly that. Once you go into the city centre you can see more variety and some fits are truly amazing (lots of bold color choices and spectacular shoes)

They are definetely afraid of standing out of the group, so its kind of the country unifrom of the youth. But its a pretty clean look and you dont see many fashion disasters. In the European cities that i've visited and lived in, you see so many ill-dressed people in general, people who just dont care. Lots of more variety in the fashion though (subgenres more visible)

Japanese designers are better I agree, but still you could make some western youngsters with no fashion sense at all look pretty decent if you gave them the classic korea-fit

Also I liked that many korean guys wore jewellery (ankle bracelets, wrist bracelets, necklaces, rings etc).

COol you care more about styling then fashion