lol

I live in MA and they just opened another near me earlier this year

now i only have to drive 5 minutes rather than 20 to the other one

I work in the one in Eton centre lol

they get the new fw stuff yet?

Not yet , they may come over the weekend tho i dont work weekend

>tfw no uniqlo in houston

>both are in Toronto

What the fuck why don't they open one in Montreal?

>living in Canada

There's your problem user.

>Uniqulo Opens recently in my hometown (Mall Mecca)
>Go there one day after visiting parents.
>Full of local douches from the HS and a few naive asians.

Opening stuff in MTL means their launch staff need to be trilingual (French/Eng/Japanese) and that isn't as common as you'd think

Better question why doesnt hongcouver have a quarter million.

They dont necessarily need to do that as much as have a floorstaff be french/english with the management being english/japanese. Hard enough to find people who can do French/Japanese as is

I live in Tokyo so I've already copped more at Uniqlo than I could possibly take home

are there so many japanese people in montreal that the staff really would need to speak it? i figured unless that was the case just english/french would be okay

just go to ebay OP

has to do more with a matter of shipping, and dealing with corporate that they need japanese fluent individuals.

This is just the result of America being full of degenerates, not UNIQLO attracting them.

not true. uniqlo is full of japanese people but the official corporate language is english. conference calls back to tokyo was full of awkward english.

i have a long drive to bluewater in england but i don't mind, i always buy loads of clothes when im there so im fine with it

>living in seoul
>two uniqlos within 20 minutes walking distance, 400 within 20 minutes subway
:^)

In Germany Uniqlo has 4 stores in Berlin and 1 outside Berlin.

yes in stuttgart *-*

From the US online store, how's the sizing on their t-shirts? True to size or should I size up or down?

Would appreciate an answer as soon as possible, this shit's bugging me because I know they're a Japanese store...

TTS I believe, supima and airism tees both have slightly elongated fit so they stay better tucked in
that being said, I've bought sized up airisms in the past for layering

>there are more Uniqlo stores in the Philippines than Mexico

Why live?

cheers man

Just cross the border (legally), Pablo.
Or are you too far from the border?

Paris has 8 fuckin stores as much as whole UK and more thna the rest of Europe

I NEED the relaxed ankle pants in black but mfw you have every colour but black.

True. Here in ph. All big malls have uniqlo. Inexpensive and good quality too.

Living in the northeast, it's approximately a 3 hour drive to the nearest border state. I do have papers but it's pretty much useless, since the nearest stores are in southern California or Denver.

There's always the PO box option but last time I tried, there was some fuckery with paypal and my order didn't pass through. It's pure suffering.

I'll be going to the chicago uniqlo this coming week. What clothes there are usually good quality and what should i avoid?

>there was some fuckery with paypal and my order didn't pass through
I hope they fixed this shit. Last time I ordered something it was on sale for like $10 off and then it never went through. Just bought bought $90 worth of stuff for the labor day sale so they better pull through.

>chicago finally gets one
>still no muji

Most of their stuff is good for what you're paying.
It's the poorfag/basics mecca

How does it feel to not be unionized?

>all big balls have uniqlo
what

why is having japanese necessary

t. swiss cuck with no uniqlos in whole country

>no Uniqlo in Prague

the jeans are ok but imo Levi's is better quality for the same price. Also lots of their windbreakers have bad reviews

I was planning on going to Yorkdale Mall to visit Uniqlo, thanks OP for reminding me how nice it is to live in Toronto :)

Filipinos love malls.
And general rule is Japan = quality, they're prices are reasonable and they always have sales

Thanks for the tips. I already have a decent pair of jeans so this should work out.

The sizing is different for Asian and Europe/North America. So buy TTS in the US but if you go to Asia, size up one.

HOMGCOUVER YAAAAA

USING THAT

I live in Japan. Uniqlo is Japanese Old Navy.

Has anyone bought uniqlo jeans? Worth it or should i buy the cheap ones on sale?

is uniqlo really that good of a brand?
been meaning to change up my clothes since ive practically been wearing the same stuff for the past 3 years.

didnt realize theres a store like 20 minutes away from me so i might check them out if its worth it.

It's a good store for basics for their prices. Their supima tees are better than H&M tees for example. Also they do have nice items from their collabs. They have the JW Anderson and Ines de la Fressange collabs coming up, also their Uniqlo U collection for F/W.

uniqlo.com/jwanderson/us/en/men/
uniqlo.com/ines/us/en/men/
uniqlo.com/UniqloU17fw/us/en/men/

Sale

When is uniqlo doing the half off jeans again?

How is it, user? And why? What do you do for a living?

Yikes

everyone knows this, the allure is (or was) poorfag-attainable ok-quality clothes that aren't the standard american (read: fat) silhouettes. someone says this as if it's some revelation every other thread

what's worth copping?

Oh shit i'm Japanese and I can speak English and I'm okay at French. Too bad I live in Ottawa

same shit in Russia

>no shops in central or asian part
>no e shipping
>living 4000km away from Moscow
>ordering from US site

>living

this would have been accurate maybe a decade ago...demographic has changed quite a bit.

I understand that it's a Japanese company, but you don't see Honda dealerships with Japanese speaking dealers?
Why do you need Japanese speaking staff at a clothes shop??
For godsake it's north America everyone speaks English even in Montreal
I was trying to learn as much French as I could since I lived in manitoba, but when I got there it was like everyone turned on a switch when I asked them in French if they spoke English, and things no accent at all

So if they opened a store in MTL they only need English speaking staff but probably would just look for French/English just to be safe, even though the ppl shopping at uniclo are young enough that all of them speak English fluently so it doesn't really matter

I share your pain, all we have is fucking Simon's

>Living in Seoul
>City leveling artillery barrage capable of killing a million people just 20 minutes away

:/

>Instead of getting Uniqlo we got a fucking Victoria Secret store replacing a bookstore which been there for almost 40 years

Just kill me already

>Live in MA
>there entire men's section consists of really fucking gay ass MtF tranny skinny jeans, plaid button downs, solid color sweaters and super tech japanese underwear
>avoid this place like the plague
>all of it sells for way too expensive for the quality you get

this place is like the crown jewel of basic. why would you ever bother?

Malls are better in Philippines too.
Malls in Toronto are shit!

Tell me about it, have some mercy for us non fat burgers.

They have Uniqlo, op is just retarded

W2c pants similar to these that are not pleated?

My fav pieces from uniqlo are the color socks and the supima tees. I also have pocket tees from this summer and they are beautiful

The exact pants? They aren't pleated

My wife is air force, I do programming from home. So far it's been my favorite place to live.

are you retarded?

Those are creased, not pleated.

That sounds comfy user. What makes it your favorite place to live? I've always heard generally bad things about "Gaijins" living in Japan;.

I have Heattech pants similar to those and after ironing over the folds regularly they mostly look like regular pants.

you just pretending to be retarded?

Visited Uniqlo and Muji today. Hong Kong life

I'm not that guy but do you know what pleats are?

Yes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleat
>A pleat (older plait) is a type of fold formed by doubling fabric back upon itself and securing it in place.
>Pleats are categorized as pressed, that is, ironed or otherwise heat-set into a sharp crease, or unpressed, falling in soft rounded folds.
the ironed parts are referred as 'pleats' they don't have to start from the waistband to be considered pleats you absolute moron

Okay pleated or not still wondering where to get pants similar other then on uniqlo

I'm not sure you read what you posted. The crease in the leg is not fabric that is doubled back on itself and secured. Speaking of fabric that is doubled back on itself (otherwise known as a pleat), it can have its crease pressed or not; that is what the second part of your post refers to.

>live in irrelevant Northern Ontario shithole
>literally no "exciting" international stores ever open here
>the only chain stores we have are the generic mall shops already in every mall across the world

On the plus side we have a lot of mom & pop stores, but they charge out the ass for every little thing.

living in canada,lmfao

its a old navy esk type store.

filled with asians

>toronto
fuck I need to move out of this place lol

Idk, I feel like most jaded expats had this unrealistic view of Japan before they got here. A lot of them that I've met simply aren't social. Japan is as lonely as you make it, and if you're not going to attempt to learn the language and make friends, then you get what you put in.

read
>doubling fabric back upon itself
those pants arent doubled back, they are just creased once
a pleat would look like this

correct

>being a douchebag about something while also being wrong about that thing

Come on man.

I think most people order from Uniqlo anyway, considering they have this retarded distribution of stores going on in every country except for maybe Japan.

Anyway I do most of my shopping here. It's a Swedish chain that has great basics for good prices. Bought some jeans there for €40 that feel just as sturdy as my Levi's and even have a better fit. But this store too has very few shops.

There's 5 Uniqlos in Germany: 4 of them are in fucking Berlin and 1 is in Stuttgart, while they could cover like 70% of the population with 5 stores they instead chose to do 10%.

>Pleats are categorized as pressed, that is, ironed or otherwise heat-set into a sharp crease
m8
they are referred as pleats
Google plisse pleates ya fucking retards
They aren't necessarily sewn on place, they just hang freely and are pleats
accordion pleats can be formed just simply by cutting fabric to a certain shape and letting it hang freely under it's own weight, that's the only 'securing' it needs, drapey tablecloths or you know, drapes are good example of pleating with very simple fabric manipulation
and the pant pleats that are just ironed on are still referred as pleats, originally the creases were natural continuation of the pleat as trousers were simply made like that back then but when trouser with less fabric on waist became the fashion the pleats were simply ironed on for fashion reasons even though the sewn pleats on the waist weren't present

why is that? heard Americans complain about malls too

The fact remains that the pants here would be referred to as having a crease not pleats pretty much everywhere. I've never seen pants like that be referred to as pleated (other than you in this thread). They're flat front pants with a crease. Also plisse pleats are nothing like a single crease in a pair of pants so I'm not sure why you're trying to compare them. Most of the images that show up for plisse pleats are actually sewn as well.

Basically, you're wrong. Creases in flat front pants are just called creases and are never referred to as pleats. Find me a source that refers to the creases as pleats and I'll eat my hat.

I honestly don't understand why they don't want to sell their stuff online.
Like, okay, I understand that there is no point in opening a store in a country with sub 2mil people living there. But you can still get their money by fucking allowing them to order shit online.

The only reason I can think of is "we are successful as is, why bother".

I've been to the one in Eaton Centre. It's pretty shitty desu, small collection.

thats probably losers who go to teach esl instead of getting real skills. anyone can teach esl in japan, even i was doing it sort of.

i still prefer uniqlo japan to the international version. i can never seem to find that one shirt i got from there years ago.

are you retarded?

Does anyone know if the Chicago Store has a decent stock?